The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Hi Jürgen,

My name is Darr and I am fairly new to this forum. I like these images very much and I would enjoy a calendar made with these types of architectural images. I am curious since I just purchased an Alpa Max, which image is from the Hassy and which image is from the Alpa? I have only had time to test my new Alpa with the Alpa/Schneider 47xl lens, but so far I find the test images to be superior in sharpness to my other MF digital setups which are: Arca Swiss M-Line 2, but with non-digital dedicated lenses and my Mamiya RZ67 IID. I am curious and would appreciate any feedback.

Kind regards,
Darr

Hello Darr

I am pleased , that you like the two images .
I am new to the ALPA world as well , and I have choosen
the ALPA12SWA , because I also want to shoot hand held , but did not do
up to now .

Currently , I am looking for places of other lovely objekts . I am successful here .
The idea for a calendar came rather sudden , as for most of my projects .
I have already created 7 calendars , and one of them was an international project with images of 14 forum members , all around the world .
(members of an other forum) .

I will keep you informed .

Regards Jürgen

tashley

Subscriber Member
P65+/Cambo/Schneider 35 XL go to Venice

I am reproducing a whole batch of Canaletto paintings using contemporary technology but whilst I was schlepping around Venice with all the gear, other stuff kept happening. I quite liked this one...

Arjuna

"Shot this yesterday with friends in Washington State. I call it Nostalgia."

"Several of our group shot this and my guess is you might see it elsewhere too!"

MR has his version as the home page of LuLa at the moment, but I much prefer Bill's take.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
MR has his version as the home page of LuLa at the moment, but I much prefer Bill's take.
Agreed! Looks like Michael desaturated green or possibly used C1's "only blue" style to process his version. I think Bill's version has more pizzaz...

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Agreed! Looks like Michael desaturated green or possibly used C1's "only blue" style to process his version. I think Bill's version has more pizzaz...
Thanks for the kind comments.

I can't be sure, but Michael was concerned about the extraordinary amount of green in the rainforest during our entire trip, so he probably did desaturate a bit. (I'll ask him!).

My version has +10 contrast and +8 saturation in C1. I then moved the file to LR to reduce the highlights in the top left corner with the grad filter. Sharpened for the Web and that was it.

Kevin Raber did an 8 shot HDR version that I haven't yet seen, but I'm sure it will be great, 'cos the man is good!

Although I can bring out more shadow detail in C1, I choose not to because I think the result lacks the sense of mystery that comes with what you can't see.

Bill

Uaiomex

Great images Jürgen. Congratulations.
They both are verticals. How's your neck lately? ;)
(You know why)
Nice weather finally.
Wanna see more
Best
Eduardo

Last Sunday there was no rain for the first time since two weeks .
So I took the chance to shoot my first ALPA + HR 4,5/28mm + CFV-39 images .

View attachment 30729

View attachment 30730

I am planing to produce a calendar with these type of houses .

Click on the image and then click again to see the full image .

Jürgen

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Great images Jürgen. Congratulations.
They both are verticals. How's your neck lately? ;)
(You know why)
Nice weather finally.
Wanna see more
Best
Eduardo

Hi Eduardo

Yes , the images are virtical oriented .
They are not taken with a HASSELBLAD camera , but with an ALPA12SWA + CFV-39 back .
Here you can easily mount the DB adapter both ways . And you just turn the mask in the view finder as well . If you are using the view finder .
I used the HASSELBLAD SWC screen + RMfx finder . That works perfectly well .
More "houses" to come , when the weather will finally be better .
We have the coldest and most rainy May since about ten years .

Best reagards . Jürgen

F

frechdachs

Re: P65+/Cambo/Schneider 35 XL go to Venice

I am reproducing a whole batch of Canaletto paintings using contemporary technology but whilst I was schlepping around Venice with all the gear, other stuff kept happening. I quite liked this one...

Hi Tashley,

I really like that shot, the soft colors in the background, the not so soft colors of the luggage, and of course the jumping girls.

Greetings,
Andrea

Double Negative

Not Available
^ Tareq, the second and fourth shots are stupendous. Your technique has really improved (as has your gear list, heh) over the years since I first saw you post over on POTN. Well done.

Professional

^ Tareq, the second and fourth shots are stupendous. Your technique has really improved (as has your gear list, heh) over the years since I first saw you post over on POTN. Well done.
Thanks mate [POTN-Fellow]!

I didn't post shots i did in our new house of 2 models, my best ever, but i don't want to show because it will be disappeared with people experienced/talented shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.