The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Libby

I just installed my Epson 7900 printer and I can finally see what the hell I bought in print. Holy **** am i impressed. No joke this printer screams out how good these backs really are. You always knew it was the best quality but when you go to large prints OMG.
Guy - I totally agree w/you as I see it on my 9800 - any time you want to go larger just let me know.

Don

(sorry for taking so long in responding)

Professional

Cheers! :)

Don't sell yourself short; you've got some great stuff. Show it. :thumbup:
I show on POTN more than here because i grew up there and people know me more there, and there the levels mostly are varying and even more members, here i feel all or most here are high level and have more than what i and you have and i don't know what to show then, see this thread and look at how many here have P65+ and P40+ and H4D-40/50, even someone with H3DII-39 has more lenses and accessories than me, i just have 2 lenses only, even with my film cameras i don't have much, i think i need about 10-20 years until i can be in same levels of others here [if they stay in same level for another 10-20 years :D]

Double Negative

Not Available
I show on POTN more than here because i grew up there and people know me more there, and there the levels mostly are varying and even more members, here i feel all or most here are high level and have more than what i and you have and i don't know what to show then, see this thread and look at how many here have P65+ and P40+ and H4D-40/50, even someone with H3DII-39 has more lenses and accessories than me, i just have 2 lenses only, even with my film cameras i don't have much, i think i need about 10-20 years until i can be in same levels of others here [if they stay in same level for another 10-20 years :D]
Perhaps, but as they say - "it's not the gear, but the photographer!" :)

There's definitely some incredible talent here at GetDPI. And gear lists that boggle the mind. Of course it's hard to "compete" with 65MP backs when you're pissing in the wind with an 8MP DSLR. Ha. But it's a friendly group!

tashley

Subscriber Member
Re: P65+/Cambo/Schneider 35 XL go to Venice

I am reproducing a whole batch of Canaletto paintings using contemporary technology but whilst I was schlepping around Venice with all the gear, other stuff kept happening. I quite liked this one...

Hi Tashley,

I really like that shot, the soft colors in the background, the not so soft colors of the luggage, and of course the jumping girls.

Greetings,
Andrea
Thank you Andrea!

Professional

Perhaps, but as they say - "it's not the gear, but the photographer!" :)

There's definitely some incredible talent here at GetDPI. And gear lists that boggle the mind. Of course it's hard to "compete" with 65MP backs when you're pissing in the wind with an 8MP DSLR. Ha. But it's a friendly group!
The problem is that all or most here when getting those expensive gear they are already have experience and talented, i bought my gear for fun, so my shots for fun can't be in same class of those here with experience, so imagine my fun shots of 21-39mp against art work experienced 40-65 shots, no way my shots will be interesting here, i may post few shots here later when i will choose some, but i will post more on another forums.

The problem is that all or most here when getting those expensive gear they are already have experience and talented, i bought my gear for fun, so my shots for fun can't be in same class of those here with experience, so imagine my fun shots of 21-39mp against art work experienced 40-65 shots, no way my shots will be interesting here, i may post few shots here later when i will choose some, but i will post more on another forums.
I have this little joke with myself. After 20 something years of making photographs, I like to think that I am no longer capable of making a bad photograph. There's a lot of silly egoism in that, but there's also truth to the matter. If you really feel like your work is not "up to snuff" just give yourself time. If you keep making photographs and most importantly keep looking at photographs you will eventually find your vision. The problem is, or the problem I have is, no matter how good your work is, you may never find it to be good enough. Then again, there is motivation to be found in dissatisfaction.

-CB

Professional

I have this little joke with myself. After 20 something years of making photographs, I like to think that I am no longer capable of making a bad photograph. There's a lot of silly egoism in that, but there's also truth to the matter. If you really feel like your work is not "up to snuff" just give yourself time. If you keep making photographs and most importantly keep looking at photographs you will eventually find your vision. The problem is, or the problem I have is, no matter how good your work is, you may never find it to be good enough. Then again, there is motivation to be found in dissatisfaction.

-CB
Honestly, i love my work, but it is not so great to others to choose or comment on it, put it in some galleries, competitions and so, didn't get anything back rather than few replies as usual: "Nice, good shot, i like #,..wow,...etc", i think i posted some here and didn't get much replies and your shots are always discussed almost in pages maybe, so it shows like our shots are not on par to yours, and i feel like my shots are not your cup of tea, in this case i don't try to post more and just keep shooting for myself and post 1-2 shots time to time here.

P. Chong

I certainly can identify with this...:)

Honestly, i love my work, but it is not so great to others to choose or comment on it, put it in some galleries, competitions and so, didn't get anything back rather than few replies as usual: "Nice, good shot, i like #,..wow,...etc", i think i posted some here and didn't get much replies and your shots are always discussed almost in pages maybe, so it shows like our shots are not on par to yours, and i feel like my shots are not your cup of tea, in this case i don't try to post more and just keep shooting for myself and post 1-2 shots time to time here.

That's the key, Man. Just keep shooting for yourself. Take what criticism you can get, both good and bad and choose to listen to what you feel is truly relevant. I have this belief that I have long adhered to and it came from years of trying to make photographs that I thought people might like... If I make images that honestly speak to and satisfy my own soul, then others will find value in them because in the end we are all intrinsically and inexplicably connected through our common humanity and because of that, despite our preconceptions and prejudices we will, in the end, understand one another.

I do enjoy that these forums bring together varied levels of talents and experience, because the more you segment yourself the less you can learn... therefore the greater the exposure the greater the possibility for dialogue.

AND... you know what's funny? You might not think your work "my cup of tea" because my own work has little to do with people... but I secretly envy those who can do great portraiture and fashion. The response can be so much more visceral, the connection more satisfying when the subject is humanity.

Cheers,
CB

P. Chong

OK, encouraged...comments on this one? Early experiment with CombineZF: 5 shots combined for DOF...no retouching of the masks after...actually not certain how to do the touchups...as a result, the errors of the software in guessing which were the in focus parts shown.

Image is of the tourbillon cage including the escapement assembly of the Lange Pour le Merite Homage Tourbograph. Diameter of the cage is 12.5mm. DOF is neglible, at f/11. Hasselblad H3d-39 with HC 2.8/80 and 78mm extension.

Professional

That's the key, Man. Just keep shooting for yourself. Take what criticism you can get, both good and bad and choose to listen to what you feel is truly relevant. I have this belief that I have long adhered to and it came from years of trying to make photographs that I thought people might like... If I make images that honestly speak to and satisfy my own soul, then others will find value in them because in the end we are all intrinsically and inexplicably connected through our common humanity and because of that, despite our preconceptions and prejudices we will, in the end, understand one another.

I do enjoy that these forums bring together varied levels of talents and experience, because the more you segment yourself the less you can learn... therefore the greater the exposure the greater the possibility for dialogue.

AND... you know what's funny? You might not think your work "my cup of tea" because my own work has little to do with people... but I secretly envy those who can do great portraiture and fashion. The response can be so much more visceral, the connection more satisfying when the subject is humanity.

Cheers,
CB
I am just starting ti find people to shoot, i did once for fashion [personal, didn't post the results anywhere yet] and the results were truly amazing, i think i will get good comments if i posted them, but i don't want to because i want to do more shooting and then i can choose out of a BIG collection of photos, and i will keep shooting forever whether people like my work or they are not interested much, but sure one day i will be there where my works can talk spread.

I think i should post here and shouldn't look at comment or critiques, but if you do it will be my pleasure, give us a fair to look at work and say something even it is not a type of work you'd like to see.

Cheers,
Tareq

Professional

OK, encouraged...comments on this one? Early experiment with CombineZF: 5 shots combined for DOF...no retouching of the masks after...actually not certain how to do the touchups...as a result, the errors of the software in guessing which were the in focus parts shown.

Image is of the tourbillon cage including the escapement assembly of the Lange Pour le Merite Homage Tourbograph. Diameter of the cage is 12.5mm. DOF is neglible, at f/11. Hasselblad H3d-39 with HC 2.8/80 and 78mm extension.
When i will buy 120mm macro then i will share you some of those products/jewel/watch/still life shots, i am really interested in doing that but i would like to see how professionals doing it once and then i will do a lot. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.