Site Sponsors
Page 204 of 386 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 254 304 ... LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,200 of 19275

Thread: Fun with MF images

  1. #10151
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Napa
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    173

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Bahr, read the comment I posted under your image (the fine print).

  2. #10152
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images

    hi Vincent, is it the direct link code or the bb image code i need to copy and paste?

  3. #10153
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

  4. #10154
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Napa
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    173

    Re: Fun with MF images

    the direct link. and just paste it into the image box, don't play with the brackets. you got it!!!!!!

  5. #10155
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Awww that is so satisfying. i was honestly going mental for a moment.lol....

    Thanks for being so patient with me

  6. #10156
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Napa
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    173

    Re: Fun with MF images

    no worries. we all get to learn. we can talk about it when I come to Dubai. It is on my list.

  7. #10157
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images

    haha, be sure to look me up. to celebrate i shall make another post which was my very first test of my hassy. One of my little dogs. His name is Mofo and he loves the camera. however my other little dog is not so keen
    Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

  8. #10158
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Napa
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    173

    Re: Fun with MF images

    nice

  9. #10159
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Philly area, PA, US
    Posts
    354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by chaosphere View Post
    ....

    right click to view larger


    Now, that's funny

  10. #10160
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,065
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    bahr - if that was taken last Thursday, I'll be in the shot

  11. #10161
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Hi Gerald, I think I shot the day before the horrendous mist that covered the whole area. I'm meant to be going down again but managed to convince the powers that be to give it another few days.

    So what should I be looking for? Cham with iq180. Judging by your angle I think you would be somewhere on the left.lol....

  12. #10162
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Cham = hcam

  13. #10163
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    One nice thing about the SWC / P25+ combo is that it is still a very small camera and does not look as unusual as a Techcam. This means I can quickly switch to stealth street photography mode.

    The problem with a "perfect day" is that the light is lousy, at least until the shadows grow long...

    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  14. #10164
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images

    mofo once again

    H4d-50

    second image is with d3x
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

  15. #10165
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,065
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by bahr View Post
    Hi Gerald, I think I shot the day before the horrendous mist that covered the whole area. I'm meant to be going down again but managed to convince the powers that be to give it another few days.

    So what should I be looking for? Cham with iq180. Judging by your angle I think you would be somewhere on the left.lol....
    Not the fog one - post 10111

    That was last Thursday evening - very similar time of day to yours, but the fountain/Burj lights/sunset colour timing didn't work for me that day

  16. #10166
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Gerald, I'm well impressed with the perspectives your getting using that setup. Im finding the 35-90 good but limiting without shift. Im trying to look into view/tech cam solutions but end up going round in circles with the costs and choices. Any suggestions?

    I noticed that you also use the alpa system as well as hcam. i was considering cambo wrs/ds, arca rm3di, or linhof techno. Part of me prefers the ground glass focussing as i have never used helical focussing cams.

    i think you would agree that the past week the weather over here has been a bit funky.
    over a week ago it was less humid and now its back to soggy lenses and dust in the air.

  17. #10167
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Englewood, CO
    Posts
    2,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1248

    Re: Fun with MF images


    Sand Beach, Acadia National Park, ME
    Phase One DF; Phase One IQ180; Mamiya 35mm AF; Lee 0.6 GND
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  18. #10168
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,065
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by chaosphere View Post
    some stitching with a H3D2-39 and a 100mm f2.2 to have shallow depth and a wide vision

    right click to view larger
    Nothing about that. I've been meaning to do a couple of new ones myself.

    Here's a test one I shot earlier in the year - http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/423882-post61.html

    Full res online: Virtual Tour generated by Panotour

    I do think these work best printed though


  19. #10169
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,065
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by bahr View Post
    Gerald, I'm well impressed with the perspectives your getting using that setup. Im finding the 35-90 good but limiting without shift. Im trying to look into view/tech cam solutions but end up going round in circles with the costs and choices. Any suggestions?

    I noticed that you also use the alpa system as well as hcam. i was considering cambo wrs/ds, arca rm3di, or linhof techno. Part of me prefers the ground glass focussing as i have never used helical focussing cams.

    i think you would agree that the past week the weather over here has been a bit funky.
    over a week ago it was less humid and now its back to soggy lenses and dust in the air.
    We should hook up sometime in Dubai for a chat. There are lots of great threads here on the various view/tech cams out there and the relative merits of each, but it is easy to get caught in a loop!

  20. #10170
    Senior Member stngoldberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    newport, RI
    Posts
    604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7

    Re: Fun with MF images

    went to Vermont last week, but the foliage had already peaked
    Stanley
    Hasselblad H4D50
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  21. #10171
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by stngoldberg View Post
    went to Vermont last week, but the foliage had already peaked
    Stanley
    Hasselblad H4D50
    I feel happy to see that there are others shooting with digital Hasselblad, because i thought that here and on LuLu almost 95% are shooting with Phase One DB or LEAF.
    Tareq

  22. #10172
    Senior Member stngoldberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    newport, RI
    Posts
    604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7

    Re: Fun with MF images

    I think we Hasselblad shooters are the silent majority
    Stanley
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  23. #10173
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by stngoldberg View Post
    I think we Hasselblad shooters are the silent majority
    Stanley
    You gave that answer and i like it, but i feel like it is because is not as good enough as Phase One so major members here and there going with Phase One over Hasselblad, i wish to get Phase One, but i don't wan to sacrifice my Hassy to be with another DMF brand.
    Tareq

  24. #10174
    Senior Member stngoldberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    newport, RI
    Posts
    604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Phase One makes a really good back with some features that i wish Hasselblad had like focus mask and the semi live view, but the camera isn't anywhere as good IMO.
    I enjoy the True Focus, the tilt shift capability and the wide variety of some superb glass. Equally important is when you are heavily instead in a brand, as I am, it is difficult to use
    Stanley

  25. #10175
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by stngoldberg View Post
    Phase One makes a really good back with some features that i wish Hasselblad had like focus mask and the semi live view, but the camera isn't anywhere as good IMO.
    I enjoy the True Focus, the tilt shift capability and the wide variety of some superb glass. Equally important is when you are heavily instead in a brand, as I am, it is difficult to use
    Stanley
    In fact, one reason i went with Hasselblad is that our Hassy dealer is a great amazinf service, i called the dealer of Phase One in the past in 2006-2008 and they were bad, so i went to check another MF dealers, i went to Sinar dealer in Dubai and he was good one too, but to my surprise i found a dealer of Hasselblad and i went to him to check, first impression was, WOW, that made my mind to favor it, sure if Phase One dealer that time was good enough i may went with P1, but it was my luck, now i may buy Phase One if i will have a budget, but i will hold with Hassy a bit and i will keep an eye on Phase One upcoming productions.
    Tareq

  26. #10176
    Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    5,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    539

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by gerald.d View Post
    The print looks impressive. Having a trained cat that doesn't simply walk right over it is even more impressive.
    Ylem ...
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  27. #10177
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images

    ^^^ The cat is checking out the details of the print, the judge!!!
    Tareq

  28. #10178
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Some color from my trip through Michagan's UP. Processed on my laptop, hope it's not too hot.

    Ed Cooley Fine Art Photography
     
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

  29. #10179
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    IQ 180 on DF. 150 mm Phase one. It was take at a big cats refuge. I was too close for comfort
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  30. #10180
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Napa
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    173

    Re: Fun with MF images

    aeaemd, very nice image!!!!!

  31. #10181
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Thank you Vincent.

    Amr

  32. #10182
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    This one seems to work pretty well too. Lines and Shadows:



    SWC/M with P25+

  33. #10183
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Arlington VA
    Posts
    746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    11

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by bahr View Post
    mofo once again

    H4d-50

    second image is with d3x
    It's obvious from the second frame that Mofo thought you were taking too long to trip the shutter ;-)
    On-line portfolio
    www.abouddweck.com

  34. #10184
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by aboudd View Post
    It's obvious from the second frame that Mofo thought you were taking too long to trip the shutter ;-)
    Nah, second one Mofo knew that he didn't use DMF, so he was screaming to use his DMF back again.
    Tareq

  35. #10185
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Napa
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    173

    Re: Fun with MF images

    more like bring a real camera....

  36. #10186
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dallas/Novosibirsk
    Posts
    632
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    RZIID+Aptus54s+50/4.5


    Standing on one leg! by Sergei Rodionov, on Flickr
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

  37. #10187
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Philly area, PA, US
    Posts
    354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by SergeiR View Post
    RZIID+Aptus54s+50/4.5


    Standing on one leg! by Sergei Rodionov, on Flickr

    I have to get a DB just so more people pictures are posted

    Thanks for diversifying the thread.

  38. #10188
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dallas/Novosibirsk
    Posts
    632
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Valentin View Post
    I have to get a DB just so more people pictures are posted

    Thanks for diversifying the thread.
    hehe.. just get one already

    That said - i have found that i do shoot less of digital now, that i kinda half-merged into shooting ULF. Never been super big on shooting many images in one session and now i cant help but go "oh, lets shoot this one on film!" every so often.. Specially when it comes to figure shots or period pieces.

    I already do get different response from people who getting shot with RZ due "different camera, never seen one of those", but it is super intensified with 4x5 and 8x10. Everyone works way harder.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  39. #10189
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Smile Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Goetz View Post
    more like bring a real camera....
    It's funny, in the series of shots with the h4d he completely connects with the camera. But in the d3x session he seemed to look anywhere but at me. Lol.....

    I think he just felt he was above it and deserved the hassy.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  40. #10190
    Senior Member Grayhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Summer...

    RZll + 250mm (non APO) +P45
    Old 250 is one of my favorite lenses for RZ
    When it broke I bought the APO version, but it was way to much "digital".
    I still miss it. But you do need a big studio to use it

    Ray
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  41. #10191
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by bahr View Post
    It's funny, in the series of shots with the h4d he completely connects with the camera. But in the d3x session he seemed to look anywhere but at me. Lol.....

    I think he just felt he was above it and deserved the hassy.
    I think he was thinking a LOUD "It is the gear, donkey, not you...", hehehe
    Tareq

  42. #10192
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayhand View Post
    Summer...

    RZll + 250mm (non APO) +P45
    Old 250 is one of my favorite lenses for RZ
    When it broke I bought the APO version, but it was way to much "digital".
    I still miss it. But you do need a big studio to use it

    Ray
    And why not the 180mm??? I don't know if you can't use the old lenses if you use digital back, but on my RZ, i have 50mm and 180mm, with 180mm for portraits i feel it is the best one to use, sure i can go longer, but that 180mm is just perfect fit or right one for it, give it a try if you didn't yet.
    Tareq

  43. #10193
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    I think he was thinking a LOUD "It is the gear, donkey, not you...", hehehe
    Lol.... Maybe he was expecting Tim flach or Andrew zuckerman.

  44. #10194
    Senior Member Grayhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    And why not the 180mm??? I don't know if you can't use the old lenses if you use digital back, but on my RZ, i have 50mm and 180mm, with 180mm for portraits i feel it is the best one to use, sure i can go longer, but that 180mm is just perfect fit or right one for it, give it a try if you didn't yet.
    I had the 180 mm. It also had a very good "analog" feeling to it.
    I had a lot of RZ stuff which I sold last summer.
    I used it with my P45 and P45+
    Favorites was 65mm, 140 macro (latest) 180 and 250.
    But for me 250 was extra special.
    Newer really loved 50 ULD or the 110mm
    250 and 350 APO was sharp, but did not render the picture to my liking.
    Also learned that 250 APO with the 1.4 converter was in principe as sharp as the 350 APO, so that lens spent the rest of the time on the shelf.
    The"fish eye" was really sharp but not often used.
    And a lot more lesson learned regarding the RZ system...

    Ray

  45. #10195
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayhand View Post
    I had the 180 mm. It also had a very good "analog" feeling to it.
    I had a lot of RZ stuff which I sold last summer.
    I used it with my P45 and P45+
    Favorites was 65mm, 140 macro (latest) 180 and 250.
    But for me 250 was extra special.
    Newer really loved 50 ULD or the 110mm
    250 and 350 APO was sharp, but did not render the picture to my liking.
    Also learned that 250 APO with the 1.4 converter was in principe as sharp as the 350 APO, so that lens spent the rest of the time on the shelf.
    The"fish eye" was really sharp but not often used.
    And a lot more lesson learned regarding the RZ system...

    Ray
    I am planning or say thinking to get a digital back maybe Phase One or Leaf for my RZ, but in fact i bought it to use it as film, i have digital Hasselblad anyway.
    I have 50 and 180, but the another lens i want to get is 110, i know that i want 140 macro, but i don't think i will use this camera for everything or many things, so i may decide to get 110 only, i have Mamiya 7 so that may have more use over RZ, and i also have another film MF cameras including Hassy, so i don't want to buy many lenses for RZ if it will not be the main or most used body, but i can see you use it nicely and then you get some good collection.
    Tareq

  46. #10196
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    227
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    I have 50 and 180, but the another lens i want to get is 110, i know that i want 140 macro, but i don't think i will use this camera for everything or many things, so i may decide to get 110 only
    You won't regret getting the 140mm Macro (especially the L-A version) - it's actually a great environmental portrait lens, as well as for close-ups.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  47. #10197
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Englewood, CO
    Posts
    2,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1248

    Re: Fun with MF images


    Yosemite National Park, CA
    Hasselblad H4D-40 and HC 150mm
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

  48. #10198
    Senior Member Stan ROX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Basel, Switzerland
    Posts
    261
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    From my last shootings in Paris:

    Joe.


    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

  49. #10199
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Just recently published


    Dark Beauty Magazine editorial by RickrPhoto, on Flickr
    Rick Rose
    www.RickrPhoto.com
    HasselPhase
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  50. #10200
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,065
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Yeah, I know. It's that building again.

    Had a rare opportunity to get onto the balcony of a 60th floor penthouse in a building opposite the Burj, so it seemed only right to dig out the trusty HCam and 24TS-E again



    /edit
    Oof. Just done a quick render of a 4-shot stitch with the TC and 70HR. Quite amazing. Will work on it and post later
    Last edited by gerald.d; 17th October 2012 at 08:51.
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •