The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Bill!

While the original B&W you worked up is very nice, I think I personally prefer this one in color. I took the liberty of a quick edit to remove some of the yellow cast in the sand, haze in the sky and added some contrast shaping to give it a bit more punch. I've loaded it as an attachment here to see what you think, hope you don't mind! (If you do, let me know and I'll remove it immediately!)

billbunton

Subscriber Member
I don't mind at all Jack, in fact thanks for taking the time. I didn't spend much time adjusting the colors on it, since I was concentrating on the B&W. I think it does need some of the yellow removed, in fact I just went and adjusted my copy a bit. Though not as far as yours, I do mostly agree with Stuart :)

Stuart Richardson

No offense intended or anything like that! I think we all have different eyes, which is of course makes it all worthwhile and interesting!
P.S. Jack, I have really liked your recent photos, nothing sterile about them!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I wasn't offended at all! I had hoped the alternative processing might generate some discussion and comment and it has. What is interesting is how we all see it differently. I definitely still prefer the starker version, but respect that others have different likes.

PeterL

Oh, I wasn't offended at all! I had hoped the alternative processing might generate some discussion and comment and it has. What is interesting is how we all see it differently. I definitely still prefer the starker version, but respect that others have different likes.
I agree, Jack - I like your version better, as well. It pops! Just to voice a vote for yours :).

Cheers, -Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.