The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMB

Jack--Point taken. Fortunately, I am shooting these for fun and not for a paying client.

Desaturating is not something you want to do to control color fringing. It will affect other colors as well. If processing in C1 they do have tools for this alone.

I may download a test version of C1 5 (or use the v 4.x which I still have) and try it.

Of course, I could also deal with the issue in PS and use a layer mask in order to apply desaturating selectively. Not something you would do 300 shots but for the 3-4 here doable.

d_brown

Jack--Point taken. Fortunately, I am shooting these for fun and not for a paying client.

I may download a test version of C1 5 (or use the v 4.x which I still have) and try it.

Of course, I could also deal with the issue in PS and use a layer mask in order to apply desaturating selectively. Not something you would do 300 shots but for the 3-4 here doable.
GMB--There is no reason to go to PS to do selective desaturation, as it can be done directly in Lightroom 3. Just use the Adjustment Brush Tool, with the Auto Mask box selected. Move the saturation slider to taste. Only the areas you wish to change will be affected by the brush. All other colors and areas in the image will be unchanged. It just takes a couple of seconds.

Dale

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

>SNIP<

My point is selective desaturation isn't something you should have to do at all in the course of dealing with "normal" images like these...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Bill, those Banff shots are nice too. I bet they'd look really good in B&W!

:D :D :D

Seriously, that second capture is a portfolio print -- :thumbs:

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
From a test drive with the S2 several weeks ago ...

Thistles blooming in an abandoned lot next to a factory.

Kurt

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Bill, Stuart, thank you for your kind comments.

You too, Jack - here is your very own version! (Incidentally, the white spot on the left is a loon, clearly seen on a 30 inch screen but more of an artifact on the web!)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I'm in Yosemite teaching a private, customized workshop so not shooting a lot. But I managed to grab this frame this morning at Tioga Lake. Elevation here is just under 10,000 feet. Posted from my laptop, so colors may need a rework when I get home on my big box. P65+, DF and 80 LS:

KeithL

Keith,

i love this one , Fantastic!!

Paul
Many thanks, Paul.

It's rare to have access to the interior of ruins and even when possible it's a case of taking your life into your hands when you do. Having said that, and in this case, I was delighted to have the opportunity!

Keith

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Keith,

I had missed that one initially. Nice use of the full 28 for framing that one! I love old broken down buildings, but in our area it's extremely rare to find one with much of any color at all. Where was that one taken?

Status
Not open for further replies.