The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Davis

Some buffalo in South Dakota

Buffalo in the summer heat in South Dakota. Bear Butte in the background.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Charlie, I like this last tree trunk shot, texture and light. I might suggest burning down the building in the background right a bit (pun intended!) so it isn't quite as prominent. It also shows the one weakness of the 110/2 -- back-bokeh from it can be a bit 'clumpy' when rendering regular geometry.
Jack - I will certainly give it a try. I was struggling trying to find the right balance where I could have a full range of tones in the foreground tree, not lose all the detail in the blacks in the back, and maintain enough detail in the building so it would still have some presence but not become too prominent. A little burning is in order. Thanks for the valued suggestion.

Analog6

I went down to Tasmania (thanks to my lovely sister who spotted me the fare and put up with me for a week!) and decided to just take the H2 and the Lumix as a back up. As a result of this I have decided (gulp) to sell my Canon gear to expand my HC range of lenses. I'll be getting a 50-110 very soon, I hope, then a 35mm.

Anyway, here's a couple from Tassie. Larger sizes of these on my Flickr

A busker at Salamanca markets in Hobart. One of a group of Latin American musicians who perform there regularly. H2 with HC 150 f3.2

A carousel horse at the steam driven carousel in the Botanic Gardens. I love the manic look all these seem to have.

And one from the Scott Kelby Photowalk I led last week at Coolangatta for sunrise.

djonesii

Workshop Member
Did this at a workshop this weekend. Natural light, Mamiya 150mm AFD back.
The "bride" is a ballet dancer. Also shot a bunch of nude jumps with this setup.
If you care to look at those, drop a PM.

C&C welcome as usual.

Dave

ddanois

From a recent beach shoot using the Leica S2 with 70mm, 1/90sec @ f6.8 iso 160.

Let me know what you think. CC Welcome.

Thanks,

Derek

Don Libby

I haven't been posting much here however here's a couple images from a recent trip to the White Mountains in eastern AZ. All were taken with the Cambo WRS/P45+ and Schneider 35mm. This was my first opportunity to try out my new (to me) Cambo viewfinder and a 35mm mask; seems that I like how it works. :)

I couldn't have asked for better weather, heavy clouds, thunder, rain all made for a near perfect couple of shooting days.

Don

David K

Workshop Member
From a recent beach shoot using the Leica S2 with 70mm, 1/90sec @ f6.8 iso 160.

Let me know what you think. CC Welcome.

Thanks,

Derek
Very nice but maybe could use a bit more post. I'd certainly clone out that lipstick looking thing on the door jamb. My own taste runs to a bit more of a glamourous look... a bit of skin smoothing, eye brightening, etc. YMMV.

ddanois

Thanks for the feedback David. I was stress-testing the S2 and was pretty pleased with the starting result. As you pointed out, no post at all other than crop. Certainly more work to do if this were meant for the client.

Thanks again.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I haven't been posting much here however here's a couple images from a recent trip to the White Mountains in eastern AZ. All were taken with the Cambo WRS/P45+ and Schneider 35mm. This was my first opportunity to try out my new (to me) Cambo viewfinder and a 35mm mask; seems that I like how it works. :)

I couldn't have asked for better weather, heavy clouds, thunder, rain all made for a near perfect couple of shooting days.

Don
Nice series Don, love the drama from the weather!

One technical question: In the third file, is that some magenta/green shift I'm seeing in the center of the clouds down to the horizon due to a lens movement? Did you run an LCC on that frame?

KeithL

Thanks, Jack.

Entirely natural light. The main source was from a door opening on the opposite wall with additional light coming from the subject window itself. This was the second visit to the location, the light on the first was poor. On the third visit the entire property had been secured. Once again, timing was all important.

Status
Not open for further replies.