The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

Dear all;

I got the the studio with a set of twins ..... quite a fun shoot. Much more so than my last workshop based one where the ZD suffered from not enough light. This time, ISO 100 F8 was the rule of the day, and this is what I bought the back for. When I look at the quality of these files, it's clearly me that is the limit, not the camera, but still fun to dream of a 40mpix back that has ISO 800 and shoots at a good frame rate

Oh the joys of MF, thought I had the focus nailed, then realized in post, realized I was shooting with to thin a DOF!:banghead:

C&C welcome, as usual, drop a PM or email for a link to the full set.

Dave
Dave, you shouldn't have mention the DOF was a mishap; it is a fantastic look!

Very nice.

ceh

Ceh,

Your images have such nice light and this one is especially good.
Ed,
thanks for your comment. This picture has come into existence casually as I had spotted a good light and used the opportunity. I just got out of the car and shot it, likewise the following ones.

ThoDi

Hi,

thank you Lloyd and ceh for your comments. Here are once more three images from Norway.

1. Waterfall on the Hardangervidda
Contax 645, P25, Sonnar 210, f/5.6, 1/2800, ISO 100
2. Nigardsbreen-Glacier
Contax 645, P25, Vario-Sonnar 45-90 at 90 mm, f/11, 1/350, ISO 100
3. Mountain lake on the Fjell
Contax 645, P25, Vario Sonnar 45-90 at 90 mm, f/8, 1/1400, ISO 100

The third image is not so good from the light but it looks like an animal on the ice floe. Can you see the eye, ear and teeth? Only the tail has melted. :D

Thomas

mAlKhamis

Like Guy, I am working with a new B&W technique. Here is a rework of the Mono Lake Squall I posted earlier. This is actually a 2 image stitch, shot a few minutes earlier than the prior image with a wider lens. Based on feedback, I have revised my crop too:

Jack, that's a Killer Panorama and B&W conversion !!! :thumbs:

Nik

This is my first time post in this thread. Phase One DF + Leaf Aptus II 10 + 300mm F4.5. No color editing. Sunset in Alaska.

Status
Not open for further replies.