The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

terroll

Beautiful Canada
Morant's Curve near Lake Louise in Banff
Pentax 645d w/P67 55-100mm lens

Did you build your own shutter cable?
No, I just wondred if the GigaPan could handle this.:eek:
I take the pictures manually, which is actually the better way IMO(with this camera). I get about 18x18k px with 12 pictures, so I don't need that much images for a panorama.

But I'll maybe try to build a cable in the future.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I'm a big fan of William Neill - I particularly like his approach to subject matter, I.e. If in doubt, landscape your own property to create some interesting subjects at home :thumbs:

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Nice series John, looks like you're having fun with the new lens! My fav is the one with the frost or icicles :thumbs:

jlm

Workshop Member
thanks jack, weather conditions like Moab!

btw, in loading from my gallery, to get a full size image i had to delete the "-thumb" suffix from the image address. ??? I rt clicked on the image and used the copy image address command

I am also getting a shift of the image compared to what the viewfinder sees (the real image will miss the top portion (landscape mode) of what the finder is showing, and I framed too tightly

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Following John's good example with a focus stack. H4D-60 + HC 300 lens. 8 exposures focus bracketed and stacked in Helicon Focus. I've said elsewhere that the 60 meg back gray scale conversions look more like LF silver halide than any other digital camera that I've ever used.

Status
Not open for further replies.