Site Sponsors
Page 274 of 386 FirstFirst ... 174 224 264 272 273 274 275 276 284 324 374 ... LastLast
Results 13,651 to 13,700 of 19298

Thread: Fun with MF images

  1. #13651
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Drove up to the mountains yesterday for a couple shots. Not sure I like any of them but here's one. Totally blew the exposure in the highlights (was cold and tired and ready to go home) but still turned out ok. Blue Ridge Mountains looking south into Georgia. Hassy H4D-40, 35-90mm @ 35mm, f/11, 64 sec, ISO 100
    Todd
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  2. #13652
    Senior Member Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bruce Peninsula, Canada
    Posts
    2,389
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    113

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by alajuela View Post
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks Philip! One of my favourite places.
    Bill

  3. #13653
    Senior Member Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bruce Peninsula, Canada
    Posts
    2,389
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    113

    Re: Fun with MF images

    This is the classic view of Peyto Lake in Banff NP. Must have been shot millions of times but I liked the light this day.

    Bill CB

    www.billcaulfeild-browne.ca
    Likes 28 Member(s) liked this post

  4. #13654
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Jesup Path in Acadia had some great color. This boardwalk goes through an incredible Birch forest.

    Cambo, IQ180, HR40, 2 shot stitch



    If you look closely, you may see Guy, Stu and Bryan.

    Higher resolution wallpaper of this scene on my blog
    Ed Cooley Fine Art Photography
     
    Likes 13 Member(s) liked this post

  5. #13655
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,535
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: Fun with MF images

    I'm the good looking one. lol
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #13656
    Senior Member Ed Hurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Caulfeild-Browne View Post
    This is the classic view of Peyto Lake in Banff NP. Must have been shot millions of times but I liked the light this day.

    Super shot Bill!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  7. #13657
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Costa Rica, central america
    Posts
    162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxKißler View Post
    Shot these for school recently. I did rent a 120mm macro and have to admit that I was very surprised at how large and heavy this lens actually was. I expected less bulk and weight and the AF is damn slow but qualitywise it left nothing to be desired.

    H2, P30+, f16 (which is the breaking point for this back in my opinion)


    And another one:



    I haven't yet decided which one to hand in. Which one do you guys prefer?
    I love them.
    Macros are not the faster at autofocus in general.
    F16 is very "deep" the model needs to have top makeup and good skin.

    Love the colors too.
    Any tip about the F16 selection?

    Best regards.
    J. Duncan
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  8. #13658
    Member Hasselboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Kyiv,Ukraine
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    spring come back MAMIYA ZD-body.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  9. #13659
    Senior Member Swissblad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    I haven't yet decided which one to hand in. Which one do you guys prefer?

    Top photo - definitely

    Great work!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  10. #13660
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Englewood, CO
    Posts
    2,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1248

    Re: Fun with MF images



    Cherry Creek State Park, CO
    Phase One IQ180/Cambo WRS AE/Rodenstock 23mm HR-S
    ________________________________________________
    Pramote
    http://pramotelaoprasert.zenfolio.com/
    Last edited by Landscapelover; 22nd October 2013 at 04:28.
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

  11. #13661
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Englewood, CO
    Posts
    2,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1248

    Re: Fun with MF images



    Chatfield State Park, CO
    Phase One IQ180/Mamiya RZ Pro IID/Mamiya 37mm Fisheye lens
    __________________________________________________ ___
    Pramote
    http://pramotelaoprasert.zenfolio.com/
    Likes 16 Member(s) liked this post

  12. #13662
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Landscapelover View Post


    Cherry Creek State Park, CO
    Phase One IQ180/Cambo WRS AE/Rodenstock 23mm HR-S
    ________________________________________________
    Pramote
    Zenfolio | Pramote Laoprasert Photography
    Pramote,

    You are posting some great work but this one is puzzling me. Are you trying to show the conflict in this scene? Normally a stream is used to lead into the frame but the way you have composed the tree totally blocks the invitation. The additional clump of trees behind it blocks the scene even further. I'm curious about your thoughts on this one.

    Ed
    Ed Cooley Fine Art Photography
     
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  13. #13663
    Senior Member Swissblad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Pramote

    have to agree with Ed on this one.

    Cheers, S.

  14. #13664
    Senior Member MaxKißler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    387
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by jduncan View Post
    I love them.
    Macros are not the faster at autofocus in general.
    F16 is very "deep" the model needs to have top makeup and good skin.

    Love the colors too.
    Any tip about the F16 selection?

    Best regards.
    J. Duncan
    I was glad the 120mm did have auto focus at all, but next time I'll choose the 150mm. I went for the 120mm because I wanted to be able to capture details aswell. In the end I didn't do so but Fortuna favours the prepared, isn't it what they say?

    My comment about f16 being the breaking point was in regard to diffraction. The gain in depth of field is not worth the minor loss of overall sharpness in my opinion. It's not much but it's there. I wanted to have both eyes sharp even with her head slightly tilted sideways but in the end it's all a matter of magnification anyway.

    Regards

  15. #13665
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Englewood, CO
    Posts
    2,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1248

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    Pramote,

    You are posting some great work but this one is puzzling me. Are you trying to show the conflict in this scene? Normally a stream is used to lead into the frame but the way you have composed the tree totally blocks the invitation. The additional clump of trees behind it blocks the scene even further. I'm curious about your thoughts on this one.

    Ed
    Thanks very much Ed for your thoughtful comment from my hero! I really appreciate it.
    It's a complex and an interesting scene to me. The water flow and tree form a triangle. It just looked good to me when I shot it. Probably it's not

    ________________________________________________
    Pramote

    have to agree with Ed on this one.

    Cheers, S.

    Thanks very much my friend!

    Pramote

  16. #13666
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,535
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    Pramote,

    You are posting some great work but this one is puzzling me. Are you trying to show the conflict in this scene? Normally a stream is used to lead into the frame but the way you have composed the tree totally blocks the invitation. The additional clump of trees behind it blocks the scene even further. I'm curious about your thoughts on this one.

    Ed
    I'm going to get heat for this one. Ed its a first date you can't get past 1st base but if you do there is no way in hell your getting past 2nd base. So the invitation has some caveats.

    I can feel the emails coming. Flame suit on

    Pramote I do like the shot.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  17. #13667
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,535
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: Fun with MF images

    I will say this Pramote has my Cambo AE model and he is certainly doing justice with it. I want it back. LOL
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  18. #13668
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Shashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    4,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    132

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Landscapelover View Post


    Cherry Creek State Park, CO
    Phase One IQ180/Cambo WRS AE/Rodenstock 23mm HR-S
    ________________________________________________
    Pramote
    Zenfolio | Pramote Laoprasert Photography
    Unlike Ed, I really like this. I find with the water and then the tree crossing the stream there is a visual path into the landscape. Like the tonality as well. I also like you taking on what is normally ignored in landscape which are events like wind throw. Natural order and human ideas of order don't always mesh, but I really think you have a compelling image here.
    Will

    http://www.hakusancreation.com
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  19. #13669

  20. #13670
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Landscapelover View Post
    It just looked good to me when I shot it. Probably it's not
    First, I did not mean to imply it was not an interesting shot. My apologies if it came across that way, just the opposite. I didn't understand what attracted you to photograph the scene in that way so I was picking your brain more than anything. It is perfectly acceptable to have an image that speaks in ways not obvious to the viewer.

    Your response brings up more important subject: sometimes we get stuck in our rut of photographing images with technically good qualities in terms of subject, exposure, focus, composition etc. Venturing into the dangerous territory of telling a story or expressing our emotions visually is more problematic. It is comfortable to play it safe and only post images that you are sure will get approval and likes from the masses. A great sunset with fire in the sky is bound to elicit a positive response. Guy's post recently of that little bridge was a totally different type of image because it evoked a deeper emotion (in me anyway).

    IMHO we only move beyond our current ability to express our artistic talent when we step outside that comfort zone of like-ability. Opening yourself up to possible criticism is scary to the fragile little artist egos living inside us that drives us to photograph.

    More specifically, we've watched your work on this board improve by orders of magnitude in the past year or two (time flies). Hopefully my work has improved as I would guess everyone who frequents this board. Don't be too quick to crawl back in your artist shell with "Probably it's not", feel free to explore why you were attracted to the image without judging yourself.

    What I think you will find is your frame of mind has a lot to do (maybe subconsciously to some extent) with why you saw something in the scene. Once we embrace that paradigm the idea of good or bad suddenly changes to how well did I communicate my vision or emotion. A different and much more constructive discussion than "is this a good image? yes or no".

    ...

    OMG where did all that come from?
    Ed Cooley Fine Art Photography
     
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

  21. #13671
    Senior Member Grayhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanS View Post
    Last one.
    Nice to see that you are not color blind Alan :-)
    I have admired your 4x5 B/W photos.
    And I can see that you will keep up your good work in color also

    Ray

  22. #13672
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Englewood, CO
    Posts
    2,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1248

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    I'm going to get heat for this one. Ed its a first date you can't get past 1st base but if you do there is no way in hell your getting past 2nd base. So the invitation has some caveats.

    I can feel the emails coming. Flame suit on

    Pramote I do like the shot.
    I will say this Pramote has my Cambo AE model and he is certainly doing justice with it. I want it back. LOL

    _____________________________________________

    Thanks very much Guy! I really appreciate your kind words.
    I also have to thank you for selling me the Cambo WRS AE with a great price and free technical support It is a fantastic camera and I love it more and more everyday.

    Pramote
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  23. #13673
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Englewood, CO
    Posts
    2,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1248

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    Unlike Ed, I really like this. I find with the water and then the tree crossing the stream there is a visual path into the landscape. Like the tonality as well. I also like you taking on what is normally ignored in landscape which are events like wind throw. Natural order and human ideas of order don't always mesh, but I really think you have a compelling image here.
    Thanks very much Will for your kind words! This is the complex scene I was not sure how it would come out when I took it. Great to hear thoughtful comments from friends here.

    Pramote

  24. #13674
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,535
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    First, I did not mean to imply it was not an interesting shot. My apologies if it came across that way, just the opposite. I didn't understand what attracted you to photograph the scene in that way so I was picking your brain more than anything. It is perfectly acceptable to have an image that speaks in ways not obvious to the viewer.

    Your response brings up more important subject: sometimes we get stuck in our rut of photographing images with technically good qualities in terms of subject, exposure, focus, composition etc. Venturing into the dangerous territory of telling a story or expressing our emotions visually is more problematic. It is comfortable to play it safe and only post images that you are sure will get approval and likes from the masses. A great sunset with fire in the sky is bound to elicit a positive response. Guy's post recently of that little bridge was a totally different type of image because it evoked a deeper emotion (in me anyway).

    IMHO we only move beyond our current ability to express our artistic talent when we step outside that comfort zone of like-ability. Opening yourself up to possible criticism is scary to the fragile little artist egos living inside us that drives us to photograph.

    More specifically, we've watched your work on this board improve by orders of magnitude in the past year or two (time flies). Hopefully my work has improved as I would guess everyone who frequents this board. Don't be too quick to crawl back in your artist shell with "Probably it's not", feel free to explore why you were attracted to the image without judging yourself.

    What I think you will find is your frame of mind has a lot to do (maybe subconsciously to some extent) with why you saw something in the scene. Once we embrace that paradigm the idea of good or bad suddenly changes to how well did I communicate my vision or emotion. A different and much more constructive discussion than "is this a good image? yes or no".

    ...

    OMG where did all that come from?

    I think this is well said and it really drives home a point here. Below my signature says it all and its something we all need to do is go out and experiment, taking chances get out of your shell and explore. What draws me still to this forum everyday and lets be honest, I'm a pretty good shooter but I still learn from others and I enjoy watching the growth in the members here. Be it a Pro, Hobbyist , Student or whatever the growth in folks ability to create Art here is astonishing . After many workshops and a lot of repeat participants It tickles me to death to see them getting better with every new image they create. Watching people grow on this forum for the last 4 years is just simply amazing and I give a ton of credit to those that seek out the best in them plugging away at it. Its just ****ing inspiring as hell.

    You folks keep my spirit up. I'll leave it at that
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  25. #13675
    Senior Member malmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    First, I did not mean to imply it was not an interesting shot. My apologies if it came across that way, just the opposite. I didn't understand what attracted you to photograph the scene in that way so I was picking your brain more than anything. It is perfectly acceptable to have an image that speaks in ways not obvious to the viewer.

    Your response brings up more important subject: sometimes we get stuck in our rut of photographing images with technically good qualities in terms of subject, exposure, focus, composition etc. Venturing into the dangerous territory of telling a story or expressing our emotions visually is more problematic. It is comfortable to play it safe and only post images that you are sure will get approval and likes from the masses. A great sunset with fire in the sky is bound to elicit a positive response. Guy's post recently of that little bridge was a totally different type of image because it evoked a deeper emotion (in me anyway).

    IMHO we only move beyond our current ability to express our artistic talent when we step outside that comfort zone of like-ability. Opening yourself up to possible criticism is scary to the fragile little artist egos living inside us that drives us to photograph.

    More specifically, we've watched your work on this board improve by orders of magnitude in the past year or two (time flies). Hopefully my work has improved as I would guess everyone who frequents this board. Don't be too quick to crawl back in your artist shell with "Probably it's not", feel free to explore why you were attracted to the image without judging yourself.

    What I think you will find is your frame of mind has a lot to do (maybe subconsciously to some extent) with why you saw something in the scene. Once we embrace that paradigm the idea of good or bad suddenly changes to how well did I communicate my vision or emotion. A different and much more constructive discussion than "is this a good image? yes or no".

    ...

    OMG where did all that come from?
    Ed


    I am impressed - I feel the conversation on this image has flushed out some interesting introspection from your good self.

    It is food for reflection.


    Mal
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  26. #13676
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Englewood, CO
    Posts
    2,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1248

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    First, I did not mean to imply it was not an interesting shot. My apologies if it came across that way, just the opposite. I didn't understand what attracted you to photograph the scene in that way so I was picking your brain more than anything. It is perfectly acceptable to have an image that speaks in ways not obvious to the viewer.

    Your response brings up more important subject: sometimes we get stuck in our rut of photographing images with technically good qualities in terms of subject, exposure, focus, composition etc. Venturing into the dangerous territory of telling a story or expressing our emotions visually is more problematic. It is comfortable to play it safe and only post images that you are sure will get approval and likes from the masses. A great sunset with fire in the sky is bound to elicit a positive response. Guy's post recently of that little bridge was a totally different type of image because it evoked a deeper emotion (in me anyway).


    IMHO we only move beyond our current ability to express our artistic talent when we step outside that comfort zone of like-ability. Opening yourself up to possible criticism is scary to the fragile little artist egos living inside us that drives us to photograph.

    More specifically, we've watched your work on this board improve by orders of magnitude in the past year or two (time flies). Hopefully my work has improved as I would guess everyone who frequents this board. Don't be too quick to crawl back in your artist shell with "Probably it's not", feel free to explore why you were attracted to the image without judging yourself.

    What I think you will find is your frame of mind has a lot to do (maybe subconsciously to some extent) with why you saw something in the scene. Once we embrace that paradigm the idea of good or bad suddenly changes to how well did I communicate my vision or emotion. A different and much more constructive discussion than "is this a good image? yes or no".

    ...

    OMG where did all that come from?
    Ed...Thank you very much for your thoughtful comment and advice!
    You are one of best photographers who have always inspired me. Your friendly suggestions and complements are always appreciative.
    The GetDPI is liked home to me. That's for sure!
    Lots of you may not know I've been learning and stealing ideas from your pictures you've posted

    Pramote
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  27. #13677
    Senior Member AlanS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    685
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Nice to see that you are not color blind Alan :-)
    I have admired your 4x5 B/W photos.
    And I can see that you will keep up your good work in color also

    Ray
    Thank you Ray. I will do my best to keep advancing my craft. It is great to get such positive support from yourself and others on this forum who's work I admire.

  28. #13678
    Senior Member Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bruce Peninsula, Canada
    Posts
    2,389
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    113

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Another picture postcard but I had to do it!
    Love that 240 LS.
    Abraham Lake, Alberta.

    Bill CB

    www.billcaulfeild-browne.ca
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

  29. #13679
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    I found a Rolleiflex 3.5F in an antique store a couple of months back, it was in good condition but in desperate need of a CLA. I got it back from the repair shop the other week and here's a couple of shots from the first test-roll. Gotta say I love the character of the lens, it reminds me of Hasselblad V lenses, which makes sense considering they're both Zeiss I guess.

    Portra 400, f/3.5, 1/8th of a second.



    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  30. #13680
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,535
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Found another shot lurking in C1. IQ 260 with 23mm Roadie

    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com
    Likes 23 Member(s) liked this post

  31. #13681
    Senior Member Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bruce Peninsula, Canada
    Posts
    2,389
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    113

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed HUrst View Post
    Super shot Bill!
    Thanks ED!
    Bill
    Bill CB

    www.billcaulfeild-browne.ca
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  32. #13682
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Landscapelover View Post
    Ed...Thank you very much for your thoughtful comment and advice!
    You are one of best photographers who have always inspired me. Your friendly suggestions and complements are always appreciative.
    The GetDPI is liked home to me. That's for sure!
    Lots of you may not know I've been learning and stealing ideas from your pictures you've posted

    Pramote
    Art is all about stealing but we call it inspiration.

    Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing - Salvador Dali
    Ed Cooley Fine Art Photography
     
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  33. #13683
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Englewood, CO
    Posts
    2,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1248

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Good artists copy, great artists steal - Pablo Picasso

    Ed...I will go by Picasso, one of my most favorite artists
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  34. #13684
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Englewood, CO
    Posts
    2,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1248

    Re: Fun with MF images



    DEnver Art Museum Complex
    Phase One IQ260/Cambo WRS AE/Rodenstock 40mm HR-W/Stitching (Panning ~ 320 degrees)
    What I've learnt so far is that the IQ260 is fantastic for low light and I can use less of LCC compared to the IQ180.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    Pramote
    http://pramotelaoprasert.zenfolio.com/
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

  35. #13685
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dallas/Novosibirsk
    Posts
    632
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    RZIID+50/4+Aptus54s + some light..


    Leaf_014854www by Sergei Rodionov, on Flickr
    Likes 17 Member(s) liked this post

  36. #13686
    Workshop Member Bryan Stephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    My view of Jesup path (no mini Ed in mine.... he moved)



    IQ260, HR40
    Bryan

    “You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” — Ansel Adams
    Likes 15 Member(s) liked this post

  37. #13687
    Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    5,437
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    539

    Re: Fun with MF images

    I wondered when we'd see the results of the impromptu tilt/swing/shift exercise that you folks had going on.
    Ylem ...

  38. #13688
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Englewood, CO
    Posts
    2,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1248

    Re: Fun with MF images



    Guanella Pass, Georgetown, CO
    Phase One IQ180/Phase One DF/SK 55mm
    ___________________________________
    Pramote
    http://pramotelaoprasert.zenfolio.com/
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

  39. #13689
    Workshop Member Bryan Stephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    I wondered when we'd see the results of the impromptu tilt/swing/shift exercise that you folks had going on.
    I think it actually turned out okay....
    Bryan

    “You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” — Ansel Adams
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  40. #13690
    Workshop Member Bryan Stephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    I think I had about 3 degrees of forward tilt on this as the camera was about 30 inches from the ground.
    Bryan

    “You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” — Ansel Adams

  41. #13691
    Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    5,437
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    539

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Stephens View Post
    I think I had about 3 degrees of forward tilt on this as the camera was about 30 inches from the ground.
    I use an app called Tilt Calculator on the iPhone. Your Rodie 40 on a full frame 40x54mm sensor @f/11 and 30in from the horizontal plane does indeed come out with a calculated tilt of precisely 3 degrees to give you everything from your toes to infinity in focus.

    Nice to know that the theory and practice matched
    Ylem ...

  42. #13692
    Member pozzello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Landscapelover View Post


    Cherry Creek State Park, CO
    Phase One IQ180/Cambo WRS AE/Rodenstock 23mm HR-S
    ________________________________________________
    Pramote
    Zenfolio | Pramote Laoprasert Photography
    I really like this image. Beautiful tonality and great luminosity around the fallen tree. I also like the mystery around the clump of trees to the right. The composition is strong and sets the overall mood of the image and makes me want to know more. You could start a whole series from that picture,

    Good example of breaking the rules - more please !
    website: http://www.paulozzello.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  43. #13693
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    25

    Re: Fun with MF images

    I too like your photo Pramote. The tones are beautiful and I like the way the forms play against - with each other and balance nicely. I think the diagonals add a dynamic aspect that helps draw the viewer into the photo. I enjoy photos such as this. Very well done.

    Do you think this is wind throw as Shashin suggested or is it possibly from some previous flooding?

    Rick

  44. #13694
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    25

    Re: Fun with MF images

    I haven't posted anything for awhile. Here's one from a family camping trip in September. This is from the campsite. ISO 400, 5 minutes 51 seconds, Pentax 645D, 35-A lens at f/5.6, about midnight, moon backlighting of lake fog. A lesson learned - After doing a few other exposures, I set one up very similar to this. Did an exposure of about 45 minutes with the expectation that the longer star trails would be nicely veiled by the lake fog. After exposing, was careful to not turn the camera off when packing it away so it could do its dark exposure thing and to bed I went. In the morning, with great anticipation, I grabbed the camera to check my new masterpiece. Nothing. Yep, the battery had died during the noise reduction black frame. So, with that in mind, later in the week I did a lighthouse shot at a 1 hour exposure. Put a newly recharged battery in the camera beforehand and the shot turned out nice (looks good in Lightroom anyway, but have yet to get something finished that I'm happy with).

    Rick

    http://www.getdpi.com/forum/attachme...1&d=1382554466
    Last edited by WildRover; 21st May 2014 at 12:06.
    Likes 25 Member(s) liked this post

  45. #13695
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Englewood, CO
    Posts
    2,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1248

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by pozzello View Post
    I really like this image. Beautiful tonality and great luminosity around the fallen tree. I also like the mystery around the clump of trees to the right. The composition is strong and sets the overall mood of the image and makes me want to know more. You could start a whole series from that picture,

    Good example of breaking the rules - more please !
    I too like your photo Pramote. The tones are beautiful and I like the way the forms play against - with each other and balance nicely. I think the diagonals add a dynamic aspect that helps draw the viewer into the photo. I enjoy photos such as this. Very well done.

    Do you think this is wind throw as Shashin suggested or is it possibly from some previous flooding?

    Rick


    Thanks very much Pozzello & Rick for your kind words. I truly appreciate them.
    This is the state park 5 minutes from my home and I've never seen flooding. I think it was just aging.

    Pramote

  46. #13696
    Workshop Member Bryan Stephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    I use an app called Tilt Calculator on the iPhone. Your Rodie 40 on a full frame 40x54mm sensor @f/11 and 30in from the horizontal plane does indeed come out with a calculated tilt of precisely 3 degrees to give you everything from your toes to infinity in focus.

    Nice to know that the theory and practice matched
    Good to know. I will have to see if they have that app for my Samsung
    Bryan

    “You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” — Ansel Adams

  47. #13697
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    88

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Arca Swiss Rm3di | XF | P1 IQ380 |

    http://www.awolfphotography.com/
    Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

  48. #13698
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Englewood, CO
    Posts
    2,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1248

    Re: Fun with MF images



    Guanella Pass, Georgetown, CO
    Phase One IQ180/Phase One DF/Mamiya 300mm AF
    ___________________________________________
    Pramote
    http://pramotelaoprasert.zenfolio.com/
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

  49. #13699
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Englewood, CO
    Posts
    2,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1248

    Re: Fun with MF images



    Cherry Creek State Park, CO
    Leica S2/Leica 35mm
    _________________________________
    Pramote
    http://pramotelaoprasert.zenfolio.com/
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

  50. #13700
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Manchester/Jerusalem
    Posts
    2,652
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    290

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by WildRover View Post
    I haven't posted anything for awhile. Here's one from a family camping trip in September. This is from the campsite. ISO 400, 5 minutes 51 seconds, Pentax 645D, 35-A lens at f/5.6, about midnight, moon backlighting of lake fog. A lesson learned - After doing a few other exposures, I set one up very similar to this. Did an exposure of about 45 minutes with the expectation that the longer star trails would be nicely veiled by the lake fog. After exposing, was careful to not turn the camera off when packing it away so it could do its dark exposure thing and to bed I went. In the morning, with great anticipation, I grabbed the camera to check my new masterpiece. Nothing. Yep, the battery had died during the noise reduction black frame. So, with that in mind, later in the week I did a lighthouse shot at a 1 hour exposure. Put a newly recharged battery in the camera beforehand and the shot turned out nice (looks good in Lightroom anyway, but have yet to get something finished that I'm happy with).

    Rick

    http://www.getdpi.com/forum/attachme...1&d=1382554466
    That is one of the best landscape shots I've seen this year.
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

    Website: http://www.timelessjewishart.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •