The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Well . . . . here we go with my new Alpa Max. + Hasselblad H4d 60 back + Alpa APO Switar 35mm lens. Two frames stitched by shifting the back. Not much of an image but it's taken a few hours to sort out flat frames and the like, working out presets for shifts. Color casts and vignetting were fully controlled in Phocus with the presets. Pixel dimensions of the finished tiff are roughly 13,000 x 9,000.

Yeah, I really am a gear whore.

MaxKißler

Well . . . . here we go with my new Alpa Max. + Hasselblad H4d 60 back + Alpa APO Switar 35mm lens. Two frames stitched by shifting the back. Not much of an image but it's taken a few hours to sort out flat frames and the like, working out presets for shifts. Color casts and vignetting were fully sorted out in Phocus with the presets. Pixel dimensions of the finished tiff are roughly 13,000 x 9,000.

Hey Woody, could you do me a favour and post a 100% crop of the bridge in the background?

I like the lightning and the way the shadows fall.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
The Beta arrived!

Wonderful capture...I have not seen the Switar look better.
(Irrespective of the dust.):thumbup:

Bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well . . . . here we go with my new Alpa Max. + Hasselblad H4d 60 back + Alpa APO Switar 35mm lens. Two frames stitched by shifting the back. Not much of an image but it's taken a few hours to sort out flat frames and the like, working out presets for shifts. Color casts and vignetting were fully controlled in Phocus with the presets. Pixel dimensions of the finished tiff are roughly 13,000 x 9,000.

Looking very nice Woody. It's all there

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Guy

I much prefer the vertical version of your shot. It is a strong composition with the tree providing strength.

The Helicon focus looks like it is doing a good job here for you

Woody
Thanks Woody it was the vertical i put on my new website. I liked it better too

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Full fez screen shot grabbed from LR. There are a couple of digital artifacts that I'm working on but note the absence of moires.

I've shimmed the back in accordance with Alpa's instructions. Focus appears to be dead on.

docmoore

Did this in a rush - spotting to come.
Captures look great .... a couple of small spots not a big deal. Indeed nothing like my H343 Scans...too 4-5 HOURS per capture just to spot and I had very good dust free conditions. Wish I could say the same for my lab.

It all looks good.

Bob

docmoore

Woody the detail and DR are there but am I seeing some type of noise pattern. Maybe Phocus better here?
30 seconds is a long exposure...even at ISO 50.

Into LR from Phocus or was it RAW into LR?

I would imagine that clarity and noise redux in LR may help...in reciprocal fashion.

Bob

lance_schad

Workshop Member

Looking good Woody!
L

PeterL

Woody, How did you manage f2.0 on the Apo-Switar? And at 30 sec in daylight?
Clearly this is not what you did ;).

Cheers, -Peter

Ralfsworld

Thank you Viablex!

Just for fun, I grabbed this one just after the one above, a repost from the trips thread: The first afternoon we had a lone snow storm cloud come right up the center of the canyon and start dumping its load while we were waiting for sunset. It was large so it did not appear as one cloud, but rather a small storm unless you viewed the entire length of it. The Sun was low enough to hit underneath it and gave us the changing side-light view, so I decided it might be a fun pano to try and grabbed it quickly. It is 7 frames at 55mm covering almost 180 degrees of view from the West end of the South Rim. This is 2000 pixels wide here, but the original would print 3 feet tall by 15 feet wide at 240 PPI with intricate detail. Not the greatest image, and I'd certainly need to work it more before printing it, but an interesting view we can't usually encompass with our normal vision:

Incredible view :thumbs: and the middle of the shot is really good!
Wonder how it feels to be there during the winter. I was there last summer and It was really hot.

/Ralf

Status
Not open for further replies.