The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeiR

Thanks, Ed & Jack. I am actually being serious about feeling a bit shy. This is in fact great part of being here, b/c only way to get actually better is to play with players who stronger. You guys with your landscapes and stills surely do keep me on me toes and running ;)

S

Shelby Lewis

Thanks Ed and Sergie...

Ed... beautiful work, as always! Through what outlet do you sell prints? I'd really like to know if one of the iceberg shots (and a few others) are available. I'm cash-spare right now, but a few of your shots would make excellent birthday presents to myself.:D

Sergei... nice stuff. There's something about the RZ glass and the lower megapixel sensors that really sing together. The RZ is next on my list, along with some sort of location light with some REAL power. ISO 50 is KILLING everything I have right now :ROTFL: Is there any way to pull back the highlights on her apron? I find I can recover gobs of detail from my aptus, whereas my canon just can't cut it.

Thanks for sharing!

S

Shelby Lewis

BTW... for giggles I did shoot some files yesterday with the canon and the PW FlexTT5 triggers. Oh, so easy! But once opening them up on the computer, I was at once let down by the lack of subtlety and headroom in the files, but also a bit surprised at how "pretty" the files are... they are so unsubtle as to be kind of like an old soft blanket. Warm and fuzzy!

I won't post any more 35mm files, but I thought the comparison would be neat. I'm obviously comfortable with canon files, but I now see how lacking they are in their RAW state compared to the aptus.

T

tetsrfun

"I'm obviously comfortable with canon files, but I now see how lacking they are in their RAW state compared to the aptus. "
Same thing with my little 16MP back. It's difficult to explain and doesn't really show with sRGB web pics but the "lacking" is pretty obvious when seen on high quality calibrated monitor or print.

Steve

mvirtue

The RZ is next on my list, along with some sort of location light with some REAL power. ISO 50 is KILLING everything I have right now
I have yet to take my RZ out with my Ranger, but I want to. One day nice, sunny, weather will show up here in the Pacific Northwest. I have taken the RZ out with, and with out, my Metz 60CT4 in dimmly light rooms and it is an eye opener for how spoiled I've become with my DSLRs.

I find I can recover gobs of detail from my aptus, whereas my canon just can't cut it.
The headroom on these backs are pretty impressive.

mvirtue

Same thing with my little 16MP back. It's difficult to explain and doesn't really show with sRGB web pics but the "lacking" is pretty obvious when seen on high quality calibrated monitor or print.

Steve
Looking at Marc's shots in his H4D60 thread you can see some of the glory of the depth MFD. I showed a friend the shots in that thread and he really did not like me and wanted to can his 5DII there and then.

fotografz

Sorry to inundate! :D

From a "poster" shoot for a fellow student's upcoming recital.

BTW... I find that I manual focus almost 100% time now... even with eyesight that seems to be slowly failing (haha), I have a pretty high hit rate. That's been a pleasurable surprise... no focus/recompose!

Aptus II 6 - AFDIII - 80/2.8D

Cheers!
Shelby
Nice! Very natural looking. :thumbs:

-Marc

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Shelby,

The portraits of the Cello student are truly beautiful...I am sure that he must be so pleased with your efforts.

Very nice venue and staging.

Well well done!

MF seems to agree with you....

Bob

etrump

Shelby makes a good point on MF, the detail is incredible but there is something more that is difficult to quantify without a high quality print.

Now for some totally useless fun, this is an uncropped photographic mural of the Palouse farming region taken from Steptoe Butte in Colfax, WA. The cropped version measures 3' high by 15' wide!

P65+, Sensor+, ISO 400, 300mm, f/5.6, 1/100, processed at 200% in C1.

Click HERE to view a 4k wide version

A few crops viewed about 300dpi size:

100% crop:

Me:

macoberly

Great Shot as usual Ed. What time of the year was it taken? My guess is early May.

Mason.

Shelby makes a good point on MF, the detail is incredible but there is something more that is difficult to quantify without a high quality print.

Now for some totally useless fun, this is an uncropped photographic mural of the Palouse farming region taken from Steptoe Butte in Colfax, WA. The cropped version measures 3' high by 15' wide!

P65+, Sensor+, ISO 400, 300mm, f/5.6, 1/100, processed at 200% in C1.

Click HERE to view a 4k wide version

A few crops viewed about 300dpi size:

100% crop:

Me:

Status
Not open for further replies.