The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxKißler

Recently, I discovered stitching and how easy it is with photomerge. Original file is 14172px * 4724px. Captured with ZD Back and Mamiya AF 150mm f/3,5.

SergeiR

Sergei, I love it. Is that an F3F? Where?
thanks.

Its Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison, TX. They got quite a few old planes that still do fly (including old bomber.. which is in fact scares me), doing airshows..

and for about couple hundred bucks you can actually take a ride in about 4-5 different ones.

No clue about model of plane :( didnt read plaque , sorry.

etrigan63

Woody & Sergei

Your recent entries are stellar as always. I have a question for you Woody: how are you powering the the 'blad 60 H back on your Alpa? It was my understanding that the 'blad H backs were powered from the body. Please enlighten me as this may affect my decision as to which MFD system to chase after.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Woody & Sergei

Your recent entries are stellar as always. I have a question for you Woody: how are you powering the the 'blad 60 H back on your Alpa? It was my understanding that the 'blad H backs were powered from the body. Please enlighten me as this may affect my decision as to which MFD system to chase after.
See this post above in this thread.

S

Shelby Lewis

A few snaps of my daughter from my evening walk with the kids around the campus lakes

Aptus II 6 - AFD III - 80/2.8D Wide Open
(Still struggling with sharpening for web)

210/4 ULD wide open - missed focus on this (manually) ever so slightly, but loved the tones anyway - it is my daughter, after all :D

Cheers!
Shelby

fotografz

Marc - thanks. I made this to show myself that it can be done - I've been exploring the limits of the TC and the 12 Max. It's great having both. The Max is the real deal as a technical camera - assuming that you focus stack rather than tilt - it's the most really satisfying digital tech camera that I've seen or used. And for a mere $2k more you get the TC, which with the 36 is the Hasselblad Superwide C, but digital. Another dream come true.

Yes on the image bank. I'm also have a third party battery (which I don't have with me - I'm traveling) which does not work reliably. My image bank has gotten slightly wonky - it seems to eat batteries.

The new external battery doodad is due from Hasselblad in the first half of April. It attaches to the bottom of the back; is quite thin; plugs into all three ports; has sync in and out ports in it; and like the image bank uses Sony video batteries. It only works on the 60.
That is good news on the battery adapter Woody. Especially that it uses the Sony L batteries which come in different capacities ... because I have 6 of them, including 3 still in the package and 2 excellent chargers, one of which is unused.

My 60 arrives this week and I can't wait to put it to work ... Hassey seems to have done a really good job with it ... it was worth the wait. WaHooo!

I wonder what's up with your Image Bank II? ... usually battery depletion power issues can be traced back to the battery itself, or the charger. Once the H4D/60 adapter is available, I'll probably sell my Bank-II so someone with a 31, 39, 40 or 50 back can use it without the H body.

The Superwide C replacement notion is intriguing ... I loved that V camera :thumbup:

Question: when shooting with the 60 on the tech camera, have you used the double res LCD to check focus? I tried it on the H4D, and zooming in and scrolling seemed to work pretty well even in relatively bright outdoor light.

-Marc

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
That is good news on the battery adapter Woody. Especially that it uses the Sony L batteries which come in different capacities ... because I have 6 of them, including 3 still in the package and 2 excellent chargers, one of which is unused.

My 60 arrives this week and I can't wait to put it to work ... Hassey seems to have done a really good job with it ... it was worth the wait. WaHooo!

I wonder what's up with your Image Bank II? ... usually battery depletion power issues can be traced back to the battery itself, or the charger. Once the H4D/60 adapter is available, I'll probably sell my Bank-II so someone with a 31, 39, 40 or 50 back can use it without the H body.

The Superwide C replacement notion is intriguing ... I loved that V camera :thumbup:

Question: when shooting with the 60 on the tech camera, have you used the double res LCD to check focus? I tried it on the H4D, and zooming in and scrolling seemed to work pretty well even in relatively bright outdoor light.

-Marc
Marc - Could be on the batteries. They are old, and there's not much to go wrong on the the Imagebank. Yes on the LCD. It's not instantaneous - I suspect that the 60 meg is a bit slower than the 40.

dick

Alpa 12 Max + 60meg 'blad + 36mm Schneider APO. The back had 10mm of rise. f11 ISO 100 1 sec. 6 images focus stacked with Helicon Focus. The high resolution "HPF" focusing ring really facilitates focus stacking. The Schneider handles extreme backlight very well - not a hint of purple fringing and very little veiling flare. There is a small amount of uncorrected color shift (it's actually over corrected) because I got lazy and opened the aperture rather than lengthening the shutter speed to make to "flat field" scene calibration exposure.

This will be my Daily Blog post for Thursday.
Was this ambient lit, or could/did you use the newly available flash sync, and could have tamed the window light with fast shutter speed flash sync?

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member

-Marc
Was this ambient lit, or could/did you use the newly available flash sync, and could have tamed the window light with fast shutter speed flash sync?
Ambient light. Could have used flash to better balance interior to exterior (or shot at a different time of day) - haven't tried the flash sync with the back but have no reason to think that it doesn't work.

S

Shelby Lewis

I'm on a posting spree again... all of these Mamiya 80/2.8D wide open I believe.

More from yesterday's walk.

My oldest boy:

And my daughter showing some 'tude... all in jest, but you'd be hard pressed to realize it if you didn't know it. :D (what a handful!)

Status
Not open for further replies.