Site Sponsors
Page 300 of 386 FirstFirst ... 200 250 290 298 299 300 301 302 310 350 ... LastLast
Results 14,951 to 15,000 of 19288

Thread: Fun with MF images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fun with MF images

Quote Originally Posted by chaosphere View Post
    Hello Jerome and thank you , I don't know what Olivier uses, but I think it's quite a more complex method he does.
    I can't check what Olivier wrote about it because the forum where he posted details it is not accessible from Germany any more, but I recall that he used a different grain for the dark and for the lights parts of the image.

When did you take this pictures? I thought you sold your H3D-39.

Post Thanks / Like

Really ? Why is this about CI not visible from Germany ??
    I took this picture on my trip in January this year. I sold two years ago my H3D-39 for the H3DII-39.

Post Thanks / Like

Several more from my Father's lost for 72 years negatives. I found the negative that was used on the August 1937 cover of Zeiss Magazine. It is posted along with a scan of the magazine cover.
    Thanks for looking
    Dave in NJ
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Really ? Why is this about CI not visible from Germany ??
    I don't know. CI does not answer my mails. I have access when on holidays in France. In Munich, none of my friends have access. All we get is an Apache test page.

Tell the people on the forum I say hello, but I don't think I will come back.

I took this picture on my trip in January this year.
    Must have been an interesting trip.

I sold two years ago my H3D-39 for the H3DII-39.
    You just changed the H3D-39 for the H3DII-39? I think that the only difference is that you get is a bigger screen?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

These are terrific David. Thank you for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerome_m View Post
    I don't know. CI does not answer my mails. I have access when on holidays in France. In Munich, none of my friends have access. All we get is an Apache test page.

Tell the people on the forum I say hello, but I don't think I will come back.

Must have been an interesting trip.

You just changed the H3D-39 for the H3DII-39? I think that the only difference is that you get is a bigger screen?
    That's it but the screen was so... awful... ! And I got the H3DII-39 a lot cheaper than the H3D-39 with 6 month warranty !

I love this camera. The only better for me would be a bigger sensor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gurtch View Post
    I found the negative that was used on the August 1937 cover of Zeiss Magazine. It is posted along with a scan of the magazine cover.
    It is the same boat, but is not quite the same picture. There are some changes in the sand, for example the three clumps on the left of the rope become two. The round bit at the rear of the boat is not there.

Post Thanks / Like

That's it but the screen was so... awful... ! And I got the H3DII-39 a lot cheaper than the H3D-39 with 6 month warranty !

I love this camera. The only better for me would be a bigger sensor.
    You are probably thinking about the 60 mpix sensor, but it is not much bigger actually.

I should say that I am quite pleased by the H cameras myself. I like the lenses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerome_m View Post
    It is the same boat, but is not quite the same picture. There are some changes in the sand, for example the three clumps on the left of the rope become two. The round bit at the rear of the boat is not there.
    Thanks for pointing that out...very strange. I have only found one negative so far. If there are two negs, they must have been taken close to the same time, as the sky is the same (the burning & dodging original darkroom vs my digital approximation not withstanding). The round bit missing is strange. Had it been missing in my print, one could say I eliminated it digitally (I didn't).
    Best regards
    Dave

Senior Member Nathan W. Lediard's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A shot from a job I did late last year... Job was delivered in colour, but I liked it in B&W..

Andrine Flemmen, Ex top Alpine Skier and really nice person to work with!

H4D-40 HC150n and a bucket load of profoto lighting...

Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It was some jet lag after a two-week trip to Hong Kong that woke me up early so I visited Stanford with my 645D (and tripod). I didn't expect the sprinklers to go off when I was releasing the shutter...

Anyway. The lens is DFA 55mm/2.8. ISO200. F9. 1/25sec.

Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

El Torcal Andalucia, Spain.

Hasselblad H4D-50 | HC35 | f11 | 1/180s
    http://www.bildifokus.se
    Follow me on Facebook
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Three more from my father's lost for 72 years negatives. All made with Zeiss super Ikonta "A" & Zeiss 70mm Tessar, Compur Shutter
    Thanks for looking and the kind words
    Dave in NJ
    Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Three more from my father's lost for 72 years negatives. All made with Zeiss super Ikonta "A" & Zeiss 70mm Tessar, Compur Shutter
    Thanks for looking and the kind words
    Dave in NJ
    Dave,

I really love the first one!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for pointing that out...very strange. I have only found one negative so far. If there are two negs, they must have been taken close to the same time, as the sky is the same (the burning & dodging original darkroom vs my digital approximation not withstanding). The round bit missing is strange. Had it been missing in my print, one could say I eliminated it digitally (I didn't).
    Best regards
    Dave
    Dave, as stated by others...what a terrific find and a Zeiss cover no less! You should write Zeiss and share the story of recovering his negatives, including the cover one. I bet they'd be very interested.

Regarding the Zeiss cover and your scan of the same (very similar image), they appear to also be different in the way the formation of the clouds is slightly different. Look at the middle right side of the sky and there is a small cloud that sort of has dissipated in the scanned version. As you say, each of these images were probably shot within a minute of each other.

Looking at all the new images you posted, it's evident he had a knack for capturing images that contained competing and.or contrasting various textures...whether it be the patterns of the sea, sand, or man made structures like wooden fencing, ropes or chains. Fascinating!

Dave (D&A)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D&A View Post
    Regarding the Zeiss cover and your scan of the same (very similar image), they appear to also be different in the way the formation of the clouds is slightly different.
    The waves are also a bit different. Watch the one directly to the right of the boat (much darker on the magazine) and the one to the left of the rope (two in the magazine versus one in the negative). Even more obvious: the sun is under the cloud in the Zeiss picture and over the cloud in the negative. That would give us a time difference of possibly a minute, depending on the wind.

I would imagine that two similar pictures were taken that day and one negative was sold (so you won't find it). Possibly, some elements moved (like one of the three clumps left of the picture and under the rope), the framing was moved a bit to the right and the magazine edited out some details (like the round bit at the back of the boat).

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday, my partner and I had a grand adventure that will change our worlds for the rest of our lives. These are some shots I took today handheld using the 645D and 55mm lens handheld...

[IMG]
    _IGP6674Step6CropSMALL by Ed Hurst, Spiffing Pics (125k+ views - thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
    _IGP6682Step6CropSMALL by Ed Hurst, Spiffing Pics (125k+ views - thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
    _IGP6689Step5CropSMALL by Ed Hurst, Spiffing Pics (125k+ views - thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
    _IGP6691Step5CropSMALL by Ed Hurst, Spiffing Pics (125k+ views - thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
    _IGP6695Step7CropSMALL by Ed Hurst, Spiffing Pics (125k+ views - thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
    _IGP6697Step6CropSMALL by Ed Hurst, Spiffing Pics (125k+ views - thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]
    Ed Hurst, www.spiffingpics.com
    Likes 25 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations mate.
    Stop chasing gear, start chasing photos instead.

Jeff, but my friends call me Dogs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurst View Post
    Yesterday, my partner and I had a grand adventure that will change our worlds for the rest of our lives. These are some shots I took today handheld using the 645D and 55mm lens handheld...

[IMG]
    _IGP6674Step6CropSMALL by Ed Hurst, Spiffing Pics (125k+ views - thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
    _IGP6682Step6CropSMALL by Ed Hurst, Spiffing Pics (125k+ views - thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
    _IGP6689Step5CropSMALL by Ed Hurst, Spiffing Pics (125k+ views - thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
    _IGP6691Step5CropSMALL by Ed Hurst, Spiffing Pics (125k+ views - thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
    _IGP6695Step7CropSMALL by Ed Hurst, Spiffing Pics (125k+ views - thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
    _IGP6697Step6CropSMALL by Ed Hurst, Spiffing Pics (125k+ views - thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]
    Congrats!
    Follow me on Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Ed! I like to see more pictures
    Leica S2 | S-35,70,120,180 | Hasselblad HC 100/2.2 | Pentax 67 M* 300/4 + 1.4 TC| Mamiya C 55/2.8 N, 80/2.8 N, A 120/4, 150/2.8 D | Sony A7r II + various lenses
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marek.dvorsky.9

Post Thanks / Like

RZ67 + MamiyaZD + 110/2.8

MMFC0252www by Sergei Rodionov, on Flickr
    Likes 13 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Coffee break in the sun.

Hasselblad H4D-50 | HC100 | f2,8 | 1/800s
    Follow me on Facebook
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

May you only know happiness and joy...
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Bogside at daybreak, Derry
    H4D-60 and HC80, ISO 50, 3 seconds at f/11

Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Loveland Pass, CO
    Phase One IQ180/SK 150mm

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Congrats Ed!

Pramote

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all:
    More from my father's lost for 72 years negatives. I have concentrated in bringing back to life the "fine art" images so far. Now I am bringing you some of the island's history. Here are some from my father's collection of "pound boat" images...truly "men at work". Several of our more senior friends here had Fathers and Grandfathers in the pound fishery business...long since gone. Hearty Norwegians who went several miles at sea in glorified row boats, Planted pilings in the ocean, and strung "pound nets" from them. Every morning before sunrise, they would go to sea to empty their catch into the boats. They were then separated into woven baskets as to type, size, etc.
    Thanks for looking. Enjoy
    Dave
    Likes 16 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all the people who have sent me kind wishes - hugely appreciated! And yes, I will post some more images of him when I get time :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations, Ed!

Beautiful pictures too!

laopai

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all:
    More from my father's lost for 72 years negatives. I have concentrated in bringing back to life the "fine art" images so far. Now I am bringing you some of the island's history. Here are some from my father's collection of "pound boat" images...truly "men at work". Several of our more senior friends here had Fathers and Grandfathers in the pound fishery business...long since gone. Hearty Norwegians who went several miles at sea in glorified row boats, Planted pilings in the ocean, and strung "pound nets" from them. Every morning before sunrise, they would go to sea to empty their catch into the boats. They were then separated into woven baskets as to type, size, etc.
    Thanks for looking. Enjoy
    Dave
    Great shots! I actually went on searching the net regarding "Pound Fishing" and learned a lot. It's surely educational.

BTW, the folks at www.xitek.com ask me to say thank you for the great pictures of your dad, as well as the great story that you tell us.

laopai

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris_holtmeier View Post
    Brilliant!

It´s so good, on so many levels, that I become exhausted just thinking about listing them all..

Ray

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Mount Evans, CO
    Phase One IQ180/Phase One DF/Mamiya 28mm

Senior Member Nathan W. Lediard's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

H4D-40 80mm f9.5 1/350 iso 100 Profoto/mola lighting

Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Not THE Horsehoe Bend but still the Colorado River, Arizona.
    Cambo WRS, Mamiya DM22, SK35XL - Four image stitch.

Behind the scenes shot in this thread: http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-f...-scenes-5.html
    (scroll down)

Last edited by Pemihan; 8th March 2014 at 09:45.
    Peter
    My website
    Likes 11 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A very proud mother and grandmother (Pentax 645D + 55mm lens - ISO 1000):

[IMG]
    _IGP6896Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, Spiffing Pics (125k+ views - thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

(Pentax 645D + 55mm lens - ISO 1000)

[IMG]
    _IGP6903Step4CropSMALL by Ed Hurst, Spiffing Pics (125k+ views - thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

So cute, congratulations Ed..!

Peter

(Pentax 645D + 55mm lens - ISO 1000)

[IMG]
    _IGP6903Step4CropSMALL by Ed Hurst, Spiffing Pics (125k+ views - thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]
    Peter
    My website

Post Thanks / Like

Ed,

All parents seeing your magic shots are smiling ear to ear..... These photos bring it all back.... All the happy memories, the learning, the togetherness and the love.

My two are 4 and almost 7 and you end up just loving them more and more....

Wonderful images, thanks so much for bring back floods of special memories....

One dad's tip..... Never try to feed a baby and change the other end at the same....

Steve
    Steve Brickles
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grayhand View Post
    Brilliant!

It´s so good, on so many levels, that I become exhausted just thinking about listing them all..

Ray
    Wow, thank you for the kind words!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris_holtmeier View Post
    That's deep!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, haven't been to this thread for a few days and come to find some incredable surprises besides all the wonderful imagery.

Ed, congratulations to you and your family! How adorably cute and the pictures are simply touching and evoke so much happiness and joy of these early precious moments.To think, it won't be long before not only will the little one be asking to borrow not only the keys to your car, but by then possibly your 645D VIII, you know the one with 360 MP full frame sensor, although we'll still be using all those legacy lenses of yesterday.

Seriously though, life will never be the same, but in the way of a most fantastic journey of experiences and love one can ever imagine. Looking forward to seeing more pics!

Dave (D&A)

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I too am fascinated by pound fishing and just read up on it. Facinanting images and both from a historical viewpoint as well as recalling some personal history and memories of LBI, they (the images) are truly remarkable. I think many of us are taking a small journey through your eyes Dave....I know I am and looking forward to more of your scans. Lovely!

Dave (D&A)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Portrait of a goose. I can see the resemblance to a dinosaur. 645D, 400mm (it’s not safe to get too close to this guy).

Tom

20140223_0756 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr
    Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Cherry Creek State Park, CO
    Phase One IQ180/Phase One DF/Mamiya 75-150 mm