The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazwas

Guy, it seems that for the broad array of things you shoot, the IQ 140 would be ideal. You make your current 40 meg back sing in so many different situations that the IQ 140 would only enhance in terms of speed and versatility. Plus saving some pennies for the upcoming new Phase Camera wouldn't be all bad :)
But IMO if the Phase camera ships in another aprox 2 years it will probably launch with the IQ200 (100MP) and where will that leave Guy then....

My guess ever poorer...... :ROTFL:

fotografz

But IMO if the Phase camera ships in another aprox 2 years it will probably launch with the IQ200 (100MP) and where will that leave Guy then....

My guess ever poorer...... :ROTFL:
I seriously doubt it will be 2 years for the new Phase camera unless the Japanese disaster has some effect on Mamiya ... even then, betcha it's this year and Guy will have the first one off the ship if Jack doesn't beat him to it ;) Coupled with an IQ back of any flavor, that will make far more of a difference in shooting versatility and application than more megs.

100 meg ... why? As big of a gear glutton Guy may be, he's far more practical than you may think ... I admire his business sense as much as his photography.

-Marc

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks Marc and yes you are very wise as i do shoot such a variety the 140 really is ideal for me . What I really want Phase does not make and I hope this changes. What I want is the new sensor from the 80 mpx in the same crop factor as the P45 and P25, Whatever that works out in MpX is fine with me. It's the crop that does bug me sometimes with the P40+. Either that or the new body does not show me the crop in the finder but some type of magnification to eliminate it visually. Hope someone is listening. If you think about it I think the best marketing approach they could take in my mind 3 backs 3 crop factors 3 pricing structures and eliminate the P65 as it is today. Keep the 140 as it is and the 180 with new sensor eliminate the P65/160 from the market and do a 1:1 crop of the 80 mpx sensor to replace the P65/IQ160

I think I am at the very top of the list for the IQ140. I put my order in very early

The new camera from all rumors is this year and hopefully I will unload it from the ship myself. LOL

Guy Mancuso

I am seriously considering a P65+ as my upgrade path right now. I would like the full frame. It maybe somewhat close to the same money as the IQ 140 so this has me thinking. This would be a used P65+ that is. I just have to go in baby steps right now. Honestly i like all three sensors but for me the balance point maybe the P65+ i actually gain on this path up instead of a lateral. At least sensor that is. Maybe next year move up to IQ. I want the tech but maybe more important is get the crop factor out of my closet and get a FF sensor. It actually would help with my current lens selection which would make my 35mm wider. Decisions

Okay lets get back to images

Obviously this would be my new home.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Alpa TC with 47mm XL schneider and P65+

J

jcoffin

Guy you should keep your 40, in wait until price come down with the Q thing
BlasR
This is simply not true. The 40 is clearly worthless, and Guy should just get rid of it immediately. Being a kind and generous person, :angel: I'll even volunteer to save him the trouble of actually throwing it away. Just send it to me, and I'll take care of it!

Guy Mancuso

See here you get more legroom and bullet holes to hang stuff from. This is a major upgrade here. Not only that you get a great view.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Alpa TC 47mm Schneider p65+. High tech precision instrument working in a highly imprecise focusing system (guessing). Gotta love it :D

Could not find the Disto here.

Guy Mancuso

This is simply not true. The 40 is clearly worthless, and Guy should just get rid of it immediately. Being a kind and generous person, :angel: I'll even volunteer to save him the trouble of actually throwing it away. Just send it to me, and I'll take care of it!
Just as soon as someone sends me there hand me downs. LOL

SergeiR

4 shots stitched Aptus 54s (turns into about 6x12), on back of Special Crown Graphics, using Xenar (Schneider) 135mm/4.7, tilted and dropped a bit.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Another image from my recent adventures in Death Valley. A little more wind than I would have liked at the dunes, but the moody weather gave a nice result.

p65+ with 75-150mm at 115mm, 1/60th at f/8 iso 100

Frits

Another image from my recent adventures in Death Valley. A little more wind than I would have liked at the dunes, but the moody weather gave a nice result.
WOW, that is really gorgeous Wayne. At most you might have tried to decentralize the bush a bit (not sure if you had room for that without affecting the rest of the composition).
I am with you on the weather conditions: a fine shot to begin with is beautifully enhanced by these conditions.
Should look awesome printed BIG.

D

Deleted member 7792

Wayne,

Sweet shot. The light, layers, mood are all outstanding. I agree with Frits, this will look good printed big.

Joe

D&A

Spectacular pic Wayne! This one has all the elements...form, texture, moody and many interesting elements that draws one into the image. What appears to be a pending storm overhead, really ties it together for me. As others have mentioned, this should look great printed big.

Dave (D&A)

Guy Mancuso

Agree guys this is a winner. One part though that bugs me is the hot spot on the right side with the light in the mountain. Maybe just a slight burn. Keep my eye from running off that side would be my only suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.