The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotografz

Re: Fun with MF images, part 2: What are you shooting with that MF back?

Stuart, the Hasselblad CFV back works full function with the 200 cameras and F/FE lenses after a slight conversion for about $500. 1/2000th shutter, auto aperture and everything.

Stuart Richardson

Stuart, the Hasselblad CFV back works full function with the 200 cameras and F/FE lenses after a slight conversion for about $500. 1/2000th shutter, auto aperture and everything.
That's nice...I take it that that only works with the CFV though, right? I know I can get a V system adapter for the 203FE for my 54LV, but I would love to use the 203FE if the FE lenses would work with it.

Graham Mitchell

What are they, if you don't mind me asking. I would assume there is the guy, the city, the ice, but beyond that I am not sure.
No, I don't mind you asking. There was:

- the man
- the rubber ring
- the sky
- 2 shots of the city
- the water
- 3 snow shots joined to make one big surface

It's a pain to add so many images together and keep a consistent lighting across all the elements.

Stuart Richardson

It's a pain to add so many images together and keep a consistent lighting across all the elements.
I bet. It is a testament to your skill that it looks very homogenous. Is there a reason you didn't just put a rubber ring on the guy? Or was it just that you did not have one on hand? I am trying to figure out these things so I can look at commercial work and get a better idea of what's involved. Don't worry, I am not trying to copy or anything, just that I am going to be assisting for a guy who does similarly advanced photoshop work, and I just want to get a bit of a better idea about what I will be expected to do.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

better idea about what I will be expected to do.

EVERYTHING. LOL

Being a assistant is a awesome way to learn . I did a 4 year stint at it and left when i felt i was teaching him. Than you know to start your own gig.

Graham Mitchell

I bet. It is a testament to your skill that it looks very homogenous. Is there a reason you didn't just put a rubber ring on the guy?
Yes, I was given 3 days to do the job, and that included finding model, props, booking assistants, shooting, and retouching. So after a few hours of searching every shop I could find and realising that there are no rubber rings available locally (in adult size), I knew I had to add it in post using a stock photo, and I told the model to keep his arm away from his body to make room for the ring.

Stuart Richardson

I see. I can't say I am surprised that it might be hard to find adult sized bathing rings in Tallinn though -- it seems a pretty obscure item!

fotografz

That's nice...I take it that that only works with the CFV though, right? I know I can get a V system adapter for the 203FE for my 54LV, but I would love to use the 203FE if the FE lenses would work with it.
That's right Stuart ... full function only with the CFV. The Sinar works with it using a sync cord from the camera body to the back ... but with the shutterless F/FE lens mounted, the sync speed for the 200 cameras is only up to 1/90th ... so that's the top shutter speed that you can use.

PeterA

A couple of snaps from my trip 'up north' ...with HC28 - I keep getting blown away by the resolution of these 39 megapixel backs ..the first is a 50%crop..and if you look closely ( even on JPEG compressed file ) you can see what I at first thought was a scratched digi chip :bugeyes: which freaked me out until I realised it was the fishing line..:ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

So 28mm and your giving me a hard time. LOL

The look really nice Peter. Love the second one

PeterA

Guy - all I have shot with cameras is street and some some editorial type fashion in 'street style'...hahahhahah you have to forgive my attempts at landscape - I really dont have an eye for it.

re the 28 - you should go for it on Mamiya (the HC28 is definitely NOT soft in corners IMHO and I cant see how the Mamiya is going to be any worse..)- just don't sell your Alpa - cos it is so beautiful.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Nice captures Peter!

BradleyGibson

1/90th is the top sync speed with the Sinar or the top shutter speed with the Sinar? (Is it limited to 1/90th even when not shooting with strobes?)

That's right Stuart ... full function only with the CFV. The Sinar works with it using a sync cord from the camera body to the back ... but with the shutterless F/FE lens mounted, the sync speed for the 200 cameras is only up to 1/90th ... so that's the top shutter speed that you can use.

fotografz

1/90th is the top sync speed with the Sinar or the top shutter speed with the Sinar? (Is it limited to 1/90th even when not shooting with strobes?)
On the 200 camera, top anything with any back that can be mounted is 1/90th ... except the CFV which uses a different mechanical method to trigger the digital capture rather than a sync cord. It's the only back that does that.

Guy Mancuso

Too late ordered it this morning from Lance. Done pick it up in Florida next week. The pressure was too much . Could not handle it. LOL

My arm's are rubber and really easy to twist.

Now my Mamiya kit is at the level i need. 28,35,55, new 80 , new 150 2.8 and the 300mm. Maybe new 45 TS and 80 leaf shutter in future but I need to find a bank out of state first to rob there. LOL

Don Libby

Too late ordered it this morning from Lance. Done pick it up in Florida next week. The pressure was too much . Could not handle it. LOL

Now my Mamiya kit is at the level i need. 28,35,55, new 80 , new 150 2.8 and the 300mm. Maybe new 45 TS and 80 leaf shutter in future but I need to find a bank out of state first to rob there. LOL
GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!:thumbs: :thumbs:

don

N

Natasa Stojsic

Way to go Guy:thumbup:

If you remember my post from few months ago when I did the test with 24XL and 28HR... I told you that yeah with 28mm mamiya you are bothered with the corners but I told you not to worry anyways... Only remember I purchased 28mm Mamiya and it was not enough:p and now I'm waiting for 24XL & 28HR.... perhaps so will you... or is it too late... you need to buy another TC again:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

What's with the Mamiya and their prices?:thumbdown:

N

Natasa Stojsic

Peter, I love the first image:thumbup:

As far as the detail of 39mp, yes.... that is why I am looking to buy one, only there so many choices it's hard to keep track o everything:p

With Schneider & Rodenstock lenses I need one with long exposure so I may go with P45+ and replace my P30+ with Sinar/Leaf equivalent:thumbup:

Originally I loved H3D39LV MS... However, long exposure is what I need so we'll see!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.