The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
On my laptop's LED-LCD, it's quite blue; SNIP Some calibration clearly needs to be performed on my laptop's LCD.
That was partially more my point, coupled with we all have our own WB preference -- was not commenting on your image specifically, but rather color in general, countering what you were claiming you saw in Graham's image compared to what I was seeing. It was a good discussion and it underscored the importance of having properly (and regularly) calibrated monitors for all of us, so I'm glad you brought it up!

Wedding Proposal

Had an opportunity to photograph a wedding proposal on the northshore of Oahu this past weekend. We had to walk along the beach quite a distance because a helicopter was dropping flowers on the couple. Too difficult and far to carry my profoto strobes.

Instead, attached a recently purchased Metz 54MZ-3 on the Hasselblad H4d-40. Did some preliminary metering and decided to shoot program mode, iso 200 with TTL and camera compensation -2/3.

By the way, she said yes!

dick

Re: Wedding Proposal

Had an opportunity to photograph a wedding proposal on the northshore of Oahu this past weekend. We had to walk along the beach quite a distance because a helicopter was dropping flowers on the couple. Too difficult and far to carry my profoto strobes.

Instead, attached a recently purchased Metz 54MZ-3 on the Hasselblad H4d-40. Did some preliminary metering and decided to shoot program mode, iso 200 with TTL and camera compensation -2/3.

By the way, she said yes!
I have 4 big Metz flashes - I use one wired for fill-in below the camera,(which is all you would need here) one hand held for main and have two for background.

...but my 4Kg Hassy-with-zoom is a bit heavy one-handed!

I have 4 big Metz flashes - I use one wired for fill-in below the camera,(which is all you would need here) one hand held for main and have two for background.

...but my 4Kg Hassy-with-zoom is a bit heavy one-handed!
Impressive. Would love to see a photo of your setup.

dick

Impressive. Would love to see a photo of your setup.
I have, today acquired a GH2, which I can use with an SCA adapter with the 4 Metzs..but it will be a great camera for kit shots.

I have been too ill to use my camera (I had a head scan yesterday) and the Metz kit stopped working with my H3D11-50, and I have not tried it with the H4D-60... I can test the kit on the GH2 and try to work out if I need another SCA.

I did mount the flash on the bottom of the pistol grip - but, with 4kg weight of the camera and lens, it works better with the flash on a strap round my neck - a mono-pod would be another option. For seated diners (e.g.wedding reception) the fill needs to be quite high - or the table cloth can make a good fill reflector.

etrump

Well, maybe this is a taste/monitor calibration thing. I'm not a fan of yellow greens as they don't match my view of reality. The WB was set as daylight and pretty much matches what I saw. With respect to gray greens, that may also be an effect of downres of the original image with contrast/sharpness at this size. I don't see that in the full size image at all.
I'm with Graham on this one, his looks more natural to me. That doesn't make the warmer version a bad image but the place doesn't look like that.

etrump

A couple passing through West McDonnell range in Australia's Northern Territory.

Six shot stitch using vertical 72mm XL exposures:

Ormiston Creek: Two shots shifting the back 20mm right and left on Rodenstock 32mm then cropped to 617 format. The lens gets pretty soft at the edge of the image circle but plenty useable with some tweaking. Not that great a comp but I love the ghost gum trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.