The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Warren CT Congregational Church. IQ 180 + Alpa Max + SK 120. N 26mm rise and 8mm of shift. Two frames stitched. I'm using live view on the Max for framing and composition - this really works very well.

mvirtue

Maiden of the Creek

Mamiya RZ67ProII D W/ Aptus II 7

Dragged the RZ out to the creek in the rain. I'll have more later as I process them.

danlindberg

Nice chhurch Woody!

Here is another church, a small (closed) church in the countryside.

My image is nothing special, but this is interesting.......no less than 20mm rise with the SK 35XL and NO LCC. Pretty clean with the Aptus II 5 :) and also the cross on top is very close in sharpness as the wall in the centre. Is this the 9 micron chip talking?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Nice chhurch Woody!

Here is another church, a small (closed) church in the countryside.

My image is nothing special, but this is interesting.......no less than 20mm rise with the SK 35XL and NO LCC. Pretty clean with the Aptus II 5 :) and also the cross on top is very close in sharpness as the wall in the centre. Is this the 9 micron chip talking?
Dan,

The Aptus II 5's 9 micron sensor is a lot more forgiving and definitely helps with the inevitable MFDB restricted DoF! As I'm sure you're finding, the gorgeous color and tonality matters more than uber pixels especially when they hit paper vs pixel peeping.

I think that the II 5 is very under rated and a veritable MFDB bargain especially in a kit bundle these days. :thumbup:

danlindberg

Graham, it sure is a nice way to enter MF digital! I am enjoying it :)

I spoke to the guy who never takes his eyes away from the castle "Svaneholm". It was ok to take a photograph of him while on guard....:D

M

MamyiaUser

I have a lot of fun with my P30+, I like the details and files that it produces, you can work with them and bring the pictures back to the idea that you had while you was shooting, and, sometimes, you can also get completely different but fascinating results.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jecxz,

While this type of pier shot is becoming almost a cliché, I always enjoy them! I especially like the soft light and color in this one :thumbs:

M

MamyiaUser

Only natural light (19.00pm summer), P30+ 80AF PhaseOne. Can’t decide between color and BN. I am converted the profile from ProPhotoRGB to sRGB but with FireFox I am still seeing different color for what I see in PS.

jecxz

Thank you. I would agree but two weeks ago a publisher asked me for more dock photographs!!!! Go figure.

Jecxz,

While this type of pier shot is becoming almost a cliché, I always enjoy them! I especially like the soft light and color in this one :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.