The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shelby Lewis

Great work everyone! Guy... those skin tones are so lovely!

Well... good news. It works! :D (my RZ setup). Finally got my adapter on the cam, mask in the viewfinder, batteries installed, yada, yada... and it works like a charm.

A first shot.

Stepped out on the balcony and grabbed a closeup of a christmas cactus next to the front door. This shot belongs squarely in the "shots of my cat" genre. :D

RZ67 Pro IID, 110/2.8 @ f/4, Aptus II 6

Shoot with a student model this afternoon... let the fun begin!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Blonde is 15 and brunette is 18. I won't shoot anyone looking older than they are though. My wife being in this business on the agent, casting, manger/schools end that computes to be a bad thing. Being a parent myself i would not want my kid looking much older than they are. Keep them young and fresh.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Pramote,

Great capture of Emerald Bay at sunrise! It is rare to have any portion of Tahoe that calm at any time, kudos!

Christopher

So, I finally found some time to start on my last trip to HK and Singapore. I will probably post more stuff soon. This time I selected something different and not to typical for HK. It's just a quick BW upload, because I was to tired after working for 10 hours on panoramic imagbes to do any color work...

645AF - 45D - IQ180 - 3 Image stitch

645AF - 45D - IQ180 - 3 Image stitch

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Back to Hawaii for a couple of weeks, this time Maui. More of a vacation this week, next week hopefully do some serious shooting. Did stop and grab this one last night,

DF/IQ180 75-150 at 75mm, 4 seconds at f/11 ISO 35

S

Shelby Lewis

Finally getting a shot or two with the RZ. I love this camera (even though my viewfinder mask isn't quite right yet). Finally feel like I'm shooting at the speed that I need to.

My better half.

RZ67 PRo IID, Aptus II 6, 110/2.8 at f/4 (handheld)

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Trail Ridge Road
Rocky Mt. National Park
Estes Park, CO
Early June 2011 (The 1st day of road opening)

Hasselblad H4D-40
Hasselblad HCD 35-90mm at 90mm

Thanks!
Pramote

S

Shelby Lewis

One last test of the RZ out on the balcony... my daughter.

Was seeing how the 110/2.8 renders transitions from a shaded foreground to a strongly lit background. I have to admit, to 110 in tandem with the aptus II sensor is pretty sweet.

First file worked up in C1 DB as well. Just editing for color, contrast, etc...

RZ67 Pro IID, 110/2.8, Aptus II 6

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Shelby, both great portraits -- and your daughter is definitely a carbon copy of her mother's image! (Probably a great thing for her too! :ROTFL:)

Just want to comment on the RZ: had one several years ago and loved it, especially the way the glass rendered on film. I owned and used nearly every lens ever made for the system except the 110. I have to say it appears every bit as glorious or even more so on digital as the others did on film -- kudos!

mediumcool

One last test of the RZ out on the balcony... my daughter.

Was seeing how the 110/2.8 renders transitions from a shaded foreground to a strongly lit background. I have to admit, to 110 in tandem with the aptus II sensor is pretty sweet.

First file worked up in C1 DB as well. Just editing for color, contrast, etc...

RZ67 Pro IID, 110/2.8, Aptus II 6

Shelby, it’s crispy where it’s sharp, and creamy-smooth where it’s not, unlike my 110/2.8 for the M645 (I had wondered about the similarity of focal length and aperture). I had one or two of these in the old days of film, and remember the lens fondly, but my new (used) 110mm is a bit too wiry in OOF areas with an Aptus 22.

Damn! Might have to look for an RZ! Would love another 140mm macro too, one of the best lenses ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.