The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

David K

Workshop Member
Re: Fun with MF images, part 2: What are you shooting with that MF back?

I like the perspective and colors on this shot Kurt. That tractor really jumps off the screen...

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Thanks much, David. This is the time of year for colors in the upper Midwest. You get a few quick weeks to drink in as much of the detail as you can. In a couple of months I'll be ready for several of those wonderful Florida sunsets you tease us with ...

One more from a walk in the woods amongst the birch trees.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Gorgeous Kurt!

David K

Workshop Member

Rainy day church shot in Palm Beach. Three shot stitch with the 55mm PCS which I am working with in the hopes of gaining some insight into this remarkable lens.

JimCollum

Aptus 75, Mamiya 645 AFDII, Mamiya 80/1.9

shot wide open
conversion was done with Nik Silver Efex, with a custom split tone

Graham Mitchell

From today. Not the most exciting of assignments but pays the bills... All taken with 40mm f3.5 PQ lens.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Excellent shots, Graham. I'm glad you decided on an angle in the first image that kept the embracing salt and pepper shakers in the shot. ;)

Kurt

Graham Mitchell

Excellent shots, Graham. I'm glad you decided on an angle in the first image that kept the embracing salt and pepper shakers in the shot. ;)

Kurt
Thanks. Now that you've seen the pics I can tell you that the piano shot was taken in daytime, and by the time we shot the kitchen, it was night ;)

David K

Workshop Member

Thanks. Now that you've seen the pics I can tell you that the piano shot was taken in daytime, and by the time we shot the kitchen, it was night ;)
Looks like you've turned day into night and vice versa. I like the lighting in the kitchen shot.

T

thsinar

hi Graham,

you should have shot it the other way round!
;)

Best,
Thierry

Graham Mitchell

you should have shot it the other way round!
;)
Sounds ideal, but the natural light would not be strong enough for a fast exposure, and the sunlight never shines through the kitchen window like that anyway ;)

Btw, I was following around a film crew who were shooting 3 TV ads with these scenes. I didn't get to choose locations or models or styling. Just had to set up lighting when the film crew was finished, and do the best I could with the scene.

robsteve

Subscriber

Graham:

It looks like you shots have the cyan/red shift to them. Does your RAW program allow you to shoot a white piece or plexi to make a correction file?

Robert

Graham Mitchell

Graham:

It looks like you shots have the cyan/red shift to them. Does your RAW program allow you to shoot a white piece or plexi to make a correction file?

Robert
I think I could do that but I have never had a problem with colour shifts (I'm not using a shift lens, for example)

J

jmvdigital

Loveland Feed & Grain

One image of many I'm working on from a visit to the Loveland Feed & Grain building. This is composite of two verticals shot with the P30+ and Mamiya 80mm 2.8D wide open.

Paratom

Just browsed through the whole thread. Great Images! Thanks for posting them. Makes me even more lusting for a digital MF-camera..
Tom

robsteve

Subscriber

I think I could do that but I have never had a problem with colour shifts (I'm not using a shift lens, for example)

You have some in the three images you just posted. It could be the wide angle or you had some odd lighting or even your software picking the wrong correction file for that lens, if it has such a feature. It is easy enough to test for, just shoot a white wall or your light table with that same lens.

It looks like what we had with the M8, a radial color shift. It is right in the middle of the bottom two images and on the kitchen image, it is not centered, but my guess is you cropped some off the top and right side of the image.

Robert

woodyspedden

Re: Loveland Feed & Grain

One image of many I'm working on from a visit to the Loveland Feed & Grain building. This is composite of two verticals shot with the P30+ and Mamiya 80mm 2.8D wide open.
Hey Justin

Looks like we are neighbors. I live in South Fort Collins, just on the Loveland border. We should get together for coffee and perhaps do a shoot or two together.

Best

Woody

Graham Mitchell

You have some in the three images you just posted. It could be the wide angle or you had some odd lighting or even your software picking the wrong correction file for that lens, if it has such a feature. It is easy enough to test for, just shoot a white wall or your light table with that same lens.

It looks like what we had with the M8, a radial color shift. It is right in the middle of the bottom two images and on the kitchen image, it is not centered, but my guess is you cropped some off the top and right side of the image.

Robert
I don't see it. There is something in the bedroom image, but I put that down to reflected light from different surfaces in the room. The kitchen shot has not been cropped on the sides at all, just a little at top and bottom. I will post a test shot later when I get a chance.

Re: Loveland Feed & Grain

Very nice. If it is where I am thinking I did a shoot there a couple years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.