The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmvdigital

Re: Fun with MF images, part 2: What are you shooting with that MF back?

Nice shots Jack. Were you handholding on a tour or something, or did you have "special" shooting access?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

These were all long exposures, like several seconds each, so camera is on a tripod. We get in on a one time per year special-access shoot organized by our local shop, Keeble and Shuchat Photography.

However, the cell shot above and the staircase shot were taken in the public during normal public hours. The infirmary shots and empty cell corridor were taken after the general public was gone during the special access time.

Cheers,

A

apneaimages

My first location shoot with the Hasselblad H1 & Phase One P30.

J

jmvdigital

Ooo Lambis, love the contrast and tones. That giant leather glove is a bit much, but overall, fantastic image.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Evengy: love the "hard life" look that particular hat and background combo adds to the woman!

Lambis: your model has the perfect look for that veiled stare. Hair, background and balance of lighting all spot-on in this!

Both are EXCELLENT, thanks for sharing!!!

T

tetsrfun

My impression of the cells last week..(a little more gloomy)..hand held, in a crowd, SWC-CFV.

Steve

Last edited:

PeterA

Jack - very nice Alcatraz set and Lambis welcome to the forum - very nice..

evgeny

I updated the image in the gallery with a bit turned white balance, but cannot edit my message in the forum to point to the new uploaded file. So, I repost the image.

I have yet to learn how to create bright vivid colors with my 54M similar to many those posted here by other photographers. The irony is that I get such pleasant vivid colors just out of the camera when shooting 120 films.

micek

I am doing a project on our local Botanical Gardens.

justin989

Hey Guys!

Im a newbie to the whole forum thing, Lance from CI put me on to this one, a bit different than the whiny canon vs nikon forums that plague the web! I stumbled across this post and it looked fun so I have posted some images of beautiful fall here in my hometown of nyc. These were taken last weekend in central park, their sugar maples are peaking right now and the colors are absolutely beautiful, hopefully the images will speak for themselves :thumbup:

my current rig is a mamiya 645afdII with a P20+. Im in talks with Lance to trade in and possibly get a P21 or P25 as I concentrate more on landscapes. I want to move away from the Square format and go with a 4:3 ratio, Im hoping the P25 is within my reach but that all depends on the price difference as well.

enjoy!

justin989

all these shots were taken with a mamiya 45mm AF

Stuart Richardson

Man, I miss the New England/NYC fall. It is already snowy and freezing here.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Justin, AWESOME first posts and welcome to the forum!

Don Libby

Justin – ditto to what Jack said AWSOME images.

Don’t discount the P30 or P30+; I used one for landscape till a week ago when I upgraded systems.

Keep up the good work!

don

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Another with the Mamiya 80/1.9.

Kurt

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Nice shot Kurt , I want one of these cheap lenses. LOL

obviously the look is no good. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.