Site Sponsors
Page 51 of 386 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,550 of 19293

Thread: Fun with MF images

  1. #2501
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    24

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Bob, IMHO this image says "PRO" - lighting, makeup, color, etc, etc.

    (PS: Do folks that buy images have a problem without beautiful women wearing bright red fingernail polish in an image like this?)



    make
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Although not a landscape, I hope that this does not cause too much controversy. It was shot for her portfolio


    -bob
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  2. #2502
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tucson/Carmel/Jackson Hole
    Posts
    4,226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Last day at the South Rim - here some images that were taken this morning. All shot with the WRS1000, P45+ and either the 24mm, 72mm or 120mm lens.

    Running out the door for another sunset.

    Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

  3. #2503
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tucson/Carmel/Jackson Hole
    Posts
    4,226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    One last image from the Grand Canyon. (WRS1000/P45+ 120mm lens)
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

  4. #2504
    Senior Member Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bruce Peninsula, Canada
    Posts
    2,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    113

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    That last one was definitely worth waiting for!
    Bill

  5. #2505
    Member Chris Barrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    It was a beautiful day in the midwest! I decided to postpone cleaning my basement and walked out my front door with the P65+, 645 and a 45mm lens to continue a long neglected series that I used to shoot with a 'Blad and Efke 25. It's my first time seeing what kind of black and whites I can get out of the digi-back. Not bad... not bad at all

  6. #2506
    Member Jeff Turner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Creek View Post
    One last image from the Grand Canyon. (WRS1000/P45+ 120mm lens)
    The contrast differences between the near and the far set a very striking image. I like it a lot!!
    Jeff T.
    Jeff Turner's Emerging Light Photography
    http://www.EmergingLightPhotography.com

  7. #2507
    ddk
    Guest

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Although not a landscape, I hope that this does not cause too much controversy. It was shot for her portfolio


    -bob
    Is this the same juicy and plump dancer that you posted some shot of before Bob?

  8. #2508
    ddk
    Guest

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Eleanor,

    From your pov is the model in Graham's photo only a blow up doll? Or is Bob's model any less beautiful than your friend?

    "Campaign for real beauty? Can you define that please?

  9. #2509
    Subscriber Member TRSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Maine, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Barrett View Post
    It was a beautiful day in the midwest! I decided to postpone cleaning my basement and walked out my front door with the P65+, 645 and a 45mm lens to continue a long neglected series that I used to shoot with a 'Blad and Efke 25. It's my first time seeing what kind of black and whites I can get out of the digi-back. Not bad... not bad at all
    Those are very nice. Pretty tasty for what looks to be some very hot sunlight. The camera seems to handle it with ease.

  10. #2510
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Barrett View Post
    It was a beautiful day in the midwest! I decided to postpone cleaning my basement and walked out my front door with the P65+, 645 and a 45mm lens to continue a long neglected series that I used to shoot with a 'Blad and Efke 25. It's my first time seeing what kind of black and whites I can get out of the digi-back. Not bad... not bad at all
    Perfect shadows, nice B&W conversions, especially the first image.

  11. #2511
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Creek View Post
    These are from the South Rim, in and around Navajo Point. All taken with the WRS, P45+ and 120mm lens.
    Don, I love the one on the right. The light is incredible and I like the tight composition. Would love to see that as the right side of a 2 shot pano. How much side to side shift do you have with the 120mm?

    Ed

  12. #2512
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    Eleanor,

    From your pov is the model in Graham's photo only a blow up doll? Or is Bob's model any less beautiful than your friend?

    "Campaign for real beauty? Can you define that please?
    Would be nice to see this line of discussion move to it's own thread. Not that I mind the discussion but this thread was a friendly view and critique and this side thread is way off topic.

  13. #2513
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    California/Thailand
    Posts
    1,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    Would be nice to see this line of discussion move to it's own thread. Not that I mind the discussion but this thread was a friendly view and critique and this side thread is way off topic.
    I agree. It seems appropriate for the Sunset Bar if it's of interest to people.

  14. #2514
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Houston and Keystone, Colorado
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Nice range of tonalities Chris in these shots. Have you per chance made use of the option to view your shots you intend for black and white as b&w images on your 65+ LCD screen? Sometimes doing this helps me "see" the b&w composition more clearly. Nice to have this option tho I only use it occasionally so far. Eleanor


    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Barrett View Post
    It was a beautiful day in the midwest! I decided to postpone cleaning my basement and walked out my front door with the P65+, 645 and a 45mm lens to continue a long neglected series that I used to shoot with a 'Blad and Efke 25. It's my first time seeing what kind of black and whites I can get out of the digi-back. Not bad... not bad at all

  15. #2515
    Administrator Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona
    Posts
    4,470
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    351

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    -- snip --
    "Campaign for real beauty? Can you define that please?
    Please folks, lets move this discussion.
    I have a pretty good idea of what the issue is. I will be starting a new thread in the sunset bar on this issue. I hope that there folks can debate it without detracting from the "fun" intent of this thread.

    The new thread is located at http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?p=121897
    thanks
    -bob
    Last edited by Bob; 1st August 2009 at 04:22.

  16. #2516
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tucson/Carmel/Jackson Hole
    Posts
    4,226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Caulfeild-Browne View Post
    That last one was definitely worth waiting for!
    Bill
    Thanks Bill - I need to see what this looks like on a bigger screen then maybe print it as well. I'm thinking this should do well on canvas.

    Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

  17. #2517
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tucson/Carmel/Jackson Hole
    Posts
    4,226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    Don, I love the one on the right. The light is incredible and I like the tight composition. Would love to see that as the right side of a 2 shot pano. How much side to side shift do you have with the 120mm?

    Ed
    Hi Ed - I actually used 20mm shifts and didn't (or couldn't) see any problems on my laptop. I'll be checking all the images shortly on the studio computer.

    Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

  18. #2518
    Administrator Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona
    Posts
    4,470
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    351

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Don,
    That 120 seems to have a great image circle, I really torn between that and the 47 as my next new toy.
    -bob

  19. #2519
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tucson/Carmel/Jackson Hole
    Posts
    4,226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Don,
    That 120 seems to have a great image circle, I really torn between that and the 47 as my next new toy.
    -bob
    Bob,

    That would depend on where you shoot. I was shooting with all my lens on this trip from the 24mm to the 120mm. The 120mm brought the detail in better and at the same time has a large amount of movements. Sometimes the subject matter is several miles away (Cedar Mountain) and the 120 just brought in what I wanted.

    That said, I have a 35 and 72; if I didn't have the 35 then I might think about the 47 before the 120 hope this makes sense as I've only had one cup of coffee...

    Don

    Additional thoughts:

    The 72 is a great lens as well. I just that lens to take the self shot of me at the Watchtower. Great movements on this lens.

    Come out here and we'll shoot the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley both very interesting and different shooting areas.

    I'm also thinking of Page AZ and slot canyons early next year and using the 24 and 35 - should be fun...
    Last edited by Don Libby; 1st August 2009 at 07:30. Reason: additional thoughts
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

  20. #2520
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1253

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    from this morning, new paint job in process and some misc around the Navy Yard
    Last edited by jlm; 1st August 2009 at 09:51.

  21. #2521
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1253

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    a couple more...
    Last edited by jlm; 1st August 2009 at 10:38.

  22. #2522
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    North Germany (Island Fehmarn) with the arTec and 35mm HR:




  23. #2523
    jmvdigital
    Guest

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    A couple of images from a day spent at Cranworx Colorado for the slopestyle event. All shot with P30+ and Mamiya 150D. Again, who says you can't shoot action with medium format?











    If you're into this sorta thing, I have a lot more images from that day on my blog: http://www.dailies.jmvdigital.com/2009/08/03/crankworx/

  24. #2524
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,535
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Look great Justin and I will never say you can't shoot action with MF , do it all the time myself.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  25. #2525
    Senior Member Graham Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    London/Kiev
    Posts
    1,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    80mm f2 Xenotar with 1.4x Longar, Sinar e54LV

    http://www.graham-mitchell.com Graham Mitchell
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  26. #2526
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1253

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    nice shot Graham; those rings are begging for crispness though. a job for Helicon focus. I've never tried it with a portrait

  27. #2527
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    497
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by jmvdigital View Post
    A couple of images from a day spent at Cranworx Colorado for the slopestyle event. All shot with P30+ and Mamiya 150D. Again, who says you can't shoot action with medium format?
    Awesome!

  28. #2528
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Graham, the tone value makes this shot special.

  29. #2529
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tucson/Carmel/Jackson Hole
    Posts
    4,226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Justin - Nice action shots!
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

  30. #2530
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tucson/Carmel/Jackson Hole
    Posts
    4,226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    I normally don't like to include people in my landscapes however I like this. WRS-1000, P45+ sorry I forgot the lens...

    Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

  31. #2531
    Jbee
    Guest

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    I thought I should share this with you.
    On a sunny friday morning this January I was invited to shoot a c-section. Luckily I had a P1 645, P30+ and 2,8/45 to try it out. Unfortunatly in all that hurry and excitement with the new camera I overexposed the pictures a bit.
    Still this was a great day and a great experience.
    Jari

    BTW Its a healthy boy (not mine) named Mio.

  32. #2532
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3









    crop of above


  33. #2533
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3




  34. #2534
    BlueLemon
    Guest

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Hey Guys and Grrrrlzzz

    I went through most of this thread - glimpsing through the pictures... not reading a single bit...almost.

    While watching, I have had a new favourite photographer, one I really admire and some I believe would be better of with a Leica-format Yashica.

    Well this is my first forum entrance -and I just found this gorgeous site by accident, and already have learned a lot.

    Making it short : me, analogue first, digital last - however i just bought the H3d2-39 with a HCD28 and HC80. But before working with those and showing off most of "who cares pictures", I will just let you know that I am in favour of analogue still.

    I noticed that Guy wrote about a lens that it was tack-sharp wide open, and bokeh / unsharpness started at the ear (a portrait model photographed at page 50 something )

    Well .... True

    But working analogue, I encourage you guys and grrrrlzzzz - remember Jamin, Darlot ...before Tessar lenses ruined it all

    Back in the days of Julia Margaret Cameron - lenses had different performance and feel .... and I would like you to go back for a while.... Glooge her up...

    Photography is about seeing and observing - an in many cases Deception, well capture is the least bit as you might already know whether analogue or digital....but working with the old techniques still, while having one of the best MF digital and DSLR´s around - I keep coming back to analogue.... what about you guys and Grr.....?

    I know I really could not live without digital - and will of course get rid of my Canon-**** just when I get settled with the H3 - but analogue is still a true performer for me.

    When that H3-thing happends I will work both H3, Bromoil, Cyanotype, Linhof, Diana F, Sinar, Jamin, Darlot, Kodak Portrait lens and Heliars

    Well this pretty much sums up my views on photography - I have both options still, whether it be H3 or Polaroid Type 55

    Just my thoughts - after watching a great gallery...Your Gallery

    Claus Stensgaard
    Bluelemon
    Last edited by BlueLemon; 4th August 2009 at 14:48.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  35. #2535
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLemon View Post
    Hey Guys and Grrrrlzzz

    I went through most of this thread - glimpsing through the pictures... not reading a single bit...almost.

    While watching, I have had a new favourite photographer, one I really admire and some I believe would be better of with a Leica-format Yashica.

    Well this is my first forum entrance -and I just found this gorgeous site by accident, and already have learned a lot.

    Making it short : me, analogue first, digital last - however i just bought the H3d2-39 with a HCD28 and HC80. But before working with those and showing off most of "who cares pictures", I will just let you know that I am in favour of analogue still.

    I noticed that Guy wrote about a lens that it was tack-sharp wide open, and bokeh / unsharpness started at the ear (a portrait model photographed at page 50 something )

    Well .... True

    But working analogue, I encourage you guys and grrrrlzzzz - remember Jamin, Darlot ...before Tessar lenses ruined it all

    Back in the days of Julia Margaret Cameron - lenses had different performance and feel .... and I would like you to go back for a while.... Glooge her up...

    Photography is about seeing and observing - an in many cases Deception, well capture is the least bit as you might already know whether analogue or digital....but working with the old techniques still, while having one of the best MF digital and DSLR´s around - I keep coming back to analogue.... what about you guys and Grr.....?

    I know I really could not live without digital - and will of course get rid of my Canon-**** just when I get settled with the H3 - but analogue is still a true performer for me.

    When that H3-thing happends I will work both H3, Bromoil, Cyanotype, Linhof, Diana F, Sinar, Jamin, Darlot, Kodak Portrait lens and Heliars

    Well this pretty much sums up my views on photography - I have both options still, whether it be H3 or Polaroid Type 55

    Just my thoughts - after watching a great gallery...Your Gallery

    Claus Stensgaard
    Bluelemon
    Welcome to the forum, Claus!

    I know where did you come from

    It is nice to hear your story, in fact i never used film or analogue before, and i am new to photography as well, and i use all digital 100%, but nowadays i have a feeling that i would like to go back to analogue way, but many who are using analogue are going digital way, just few or some still with analogue but even those are using digital these days beside analogue, so i am not sure if i will do the right thing if i go back to analogue world, even i am struggling to find some kind of analogue MF new completely and not used or new-like, but many offer me used in excellent condition but i still want completely new not used at all film MF, and because it is rarely to find one new i feel why i go to analogue if the bodies or analogue cameras are going to be discontinued, it is like even those brands and companies gave up with analogue.

    On another hand, i was also thinking to get a "New" large format instead of MF, i have one digital MF so why get another MF, i should get different format, so with large format i will have variety camera systems or formats, but even the choice is difficult and confused and also very difficult to find New body and not used even once.

    Regards,
    Tareq

  36. #2536
    BlueLemon
    Guest

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Hi Taraq
    Well - I come from Denmark - but never mind that.... I could be from anywhere in this world

    I totally agree with you - and then......

    Being digital is one thing.... and you perform as you are spoken for..... customers rapid demands and the urge to perform well...

    I am totally lucky, because I work with young photographers, teaching them ol´ techniques and new ones too

    Myself - hmmm - well comparing with those who thinks that going MF digital is expensive, should think again....

    going MF digital, LF digital and being analogue still - that is EXPPPPPPENSIVE :-)

    My most beloved lens is not a digital one - but a Jamin-Darlot /4.5 from 1854 and a Heliar 360/4.0 from 1911

    Well that just me, these awesome lenses and techniques...... which I treasure. sTill

  37. #2537
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLemon View Post
    Hi Taraq
    Well - I come from Denmark - but never mind that.... I could be from anywhere in this world

    I totally agree with you - and then......

    Being digital is one thing.... and you perform as you are spoken for..... customers rapid demands and the urge to perform well...

    I am totally lucky, because I work with young photographers, teaching them ol´ techniques and new ones too

    Myself - hmmm - well comparing with those who thinks that going MF digital is expensive, should think again....

    going MF digital, LF digital and being analogue still - that is EXPPPPPPENSIVE :-)

    My most beloved lens is not a digital one - but a Jamin-Darlot /4.5 from 1854 and a Heliar 360/4.0 from 1911

    Well that just me, these awesome lenses and techniques...... which I treasure. sTill
    I was meaning i know which forum you are coming from, but maybe you will say you are on many forums as well, anyway, welcome again

    In fact the expense in digital MF is coming from the digital back, i can get many non digital bodies cheap, but digital back alone itself is way too expensive, that is why i feel i can get analogue MF or LF without digital in reasonable prices, and you lucky that you were using analogue.

    To be honest, i was looking to get analogue only for myself, not for clients or agencies or so, only for fun, but it will be expensive if i will use films and labs, and also it will take time if i have to scan all my film photos, so that i was not sure if i should only use digital or it is no harm to add analogue these days.

    When i look on film/analogue shots i feel it is different than digital, even those film users saying they prefer film look over digital look, this alone making me to want to go to film world, and i am thinking of minimum MF, and not 35mm analogue.

  38. #2538
    ddk
    Guest

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Welcome Claus, film or digital are both ok when the image is right... Love the 2nd shot, nude behind the screen!

  39. #2539
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Posts
    2,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Hi Claus,
    I feel much the same as you. You are welcome to join us at the analog section of the forum as well...it is pretty lonely over there sometimes. I find myself preferring the analog look, but also the process much better than digital. The cameras and lenses tend to intrude less in the image making process. But there are clearly some things that digital does better, more easily, more securely and faster...like empty your wallet. Or fill it, if you are working on a deadline...
    My photos are here: http://www.stuartrichardson.com and more recent work here: http://stuartrichardson.tumblr.com/ Please have a look at my book!
    My lab is here: http://www.customphotolab.is and on facebook

  40. #2540
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Fla.
    Posts
    1,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Claus, welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your images. I especially like the portrait of the older gentleman. Nice to see some different looks here.

  41. #2541
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Fla.
    Posts
    1,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by foto-z View Post
    80mm f2 Xenotar with 1.4x Longar, Sinar e54LV

    Graham, lovely portrait and interesting use of the 80 2.0 with the Longar... will have to give that a try myself one of these days.

  42. #2542
    Senior Member Graham Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    London/Kiev
    Posts
    1,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by David K View Post
    Graham, lovely portrait and interesting use of the 80 2.0 with the Longar... will have to give that a try myself one of these days.
    Thanks. My new 110mm lens should be arriving in 2 days, and then this won't be necessary any more

  43. #2543
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Just recently had some of my work published in Indianapolis Woman -- a local magazine. 1st publication!! WHOHOOO!!!!!

    http://www.iwemag.info/IWaug09_eBook/flash.html#/22/

    - pages 22-23 under Nikki Blaine Couture. (4 shots total, including the headshot)

    Pat

  44. #2544
    Subscriber Member KurtKamka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Much to love, Pat. Congrats.

  45. #2545
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by lovep View Post
    Just recently had some of my work published in Indianapolis Woman -- a local magazine. 1st publication!! WHOHOOO!!!!!

    http://www.iwemag.info/IWaug09_eBook/flash.html#/22/

    - pages 22-23 under Nikki Blaine Couture. (4 shots total, including the headshot)

    Pat
    Very nice Pat. Congrats!

  46. #2546
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Image of the meditation pond at a local church. I am building the portfolio for an Arkansas picture book. Jumped off the highway when the sky lit up after dinner one evening.



    (Sorry for the size, I thought the site was supposed to downsize large images???)

  47. #2547
    Sr. Administrator Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Altos, CA
    Posts
    10,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1016

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Very cool composition Ed!

    Excellent job, and my only nit suggestion would be that I might prefer to see a bit more foreground even at the expense of some of the sky, or perhaps even a slightly further back viewpoint?
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

  48. #2548
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Very cool composition Ed!

    Excellent job, and my only nit suggestion would be that I might prefer to see a bit more foreground even at the expense of some of the sky, or perhaps even a slightly further back viewpoint?
    Thanks Jack, I actually cropped the image for use as a desktop wallpaper I posted on my blog. The original has about 25% at the bottom. For some reason I thought it would look better with the same space above and below the crosses.

    The original is closer to this:

  49. #2549
    Sr. Administrator Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Altos, CA
    Posts
    10,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1016

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    Ed,

    Speaking for me personally, I find the second version a stronger and more powerful composition...

    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

  50. #2550
    Senior Member Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bruce Peninsula, Canada
    Posts
    2,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    113

    Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

    They're both awfully good...
    Bill

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •