The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
This seems like a normal shot with just about everything else I've shot ... except for the idea that it's a 100% crop. :D

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I'll pm you later on the D3 vs. D300 issue. I think I made a mistake in selling the D3. It's a perfect complement.

David K

Workshop Member
Kurt,

The good news is that the WoW factor doesn't go away with time. I look at these images on the big screen in full rez and just shake my head in amazement. Been doing that for a few years now. This one with Sinar Hy6 and Rollei 180 2.8 AF...

David K

Workshop Member
How much sharpening did you do on that first one David? The edges of the flower actually look black...it is a bit jarring.
Stuart,

I did no sharpening whatsoever, at least not intentionally. A tiny tweak in levels and curves then resized with Jack's action. I don't see black edges in the original... perhaps jpeg compression. Here's another crop and I'm happy to share full rez Tiff's if you'd like.

David K

Workshop Member
Eric,
I was shooting them in series, f/4-8-11-16 and I can't recall which shot this was. My best guess is f/8.

David K

Workshop Member
Wouldn't the f-stop be in the EXIF data?
Unfortunately it is not and I really wish it were. I believe the exif data does not carry thru the conversion process when I use the Brumbaer tools. With Exposure I think it does. I will have to double check this.

EH21

Interesting to know about the EXIF data - would be great to know if that comes through in Exposure or not. Getting EXIF data is seriously one of the big reasons for me to upgrade the 6008 to the Hy6.

Stuart Richardson

The 180mm is a lovely lens...built like a tank too. Mine blew over in the 60mph Icelandic winds, landed hood first into gravel and never skipped a beat. It has some battle scars on the barrel from landing on the volcanic rocks, but it still works perfectly.

I am not sure what struck me about that first image...perhaps the palm fronds in the bokeh are a little jarring, but it is probably just the jpeg compression. That last one looks great.

David K

Workshop Member
Stuart,
I'm quite fond of this lens myself... gave up my Hasselblad 180 which was no slouch, in favor of this version. Having some AF issues with mine and was told it probably needs a firmware update. All the years I'm shooting and I never even knew lenses had firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.