Site Sponsors
Page 60 of 386 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 160 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 3,000 of 19281

Thread: Fun with MF images

Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by gdwhalen View Post
    I shot this with the HC 150. H3d-50. Profot 7b-2 battery pack with Profoto zoom reflector.
    Gary,

The HC 150 gets such short shrift in the line but here you have made such a gorgeous capture. What wonderful framing, and you nailed that moment between anticipation and explosive return.

Profoto light is amazing. Should be standard on every H3DII...

Bob

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Not sure which ones i like better but some P30+ images

Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Not sure which ones i like better but some P30+ images
    Number 3 by far...great light and depth.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Was kinda leaning that way to Bob. Thanks
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I tried it this way. Is it a yeah or a nay?:

Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

gdwhalen

Quote Originally Posted by docmoore View Post
    Gary,

The HC 150 gets such short shrift in the line but here you have made such a gorgeous capture. What wonderful framing, and you nailed that moment between anticipation and explosive return.

Profoto light is amazing. Should be standard on every H3DII...

Bob
    Profoto is worth the money. For sure. Every lens has it's use. 150, 210, whatever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Gets my vote!

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Get's mine too Jack. That is a sweet rendition of it

tetsrfun

Yosemite cliché...four shot pano...203 FE 50mm CFV.

Steve
    Last edited by tetsrfun; 1st August 2010 at 18:30.

Post Thanks / Like

Steve,

I am picking up a lot of green in this pano. I wonder if a slight curve to lower green values in the granite would work?

Otherwise a great capture...cliches work when they are of such wonderful subjects...for me at least.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by docmoore View Post
    Steve,

I am picking up a lot of green in this pano. I wonder if a slight curve to lower green values in the granite would work?

Otherwise a great capture...cliches work when they are of such wonderful subjects...for me at least.

Bob
    Have to agree with Bob -- looks overly green on my monitor too.
    Jack

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

tetsrfun

I am picking up a lot of green in this pano.
    Have to agree with Bob -- looks overly green on my monitor too.
    Thanks for the comments...My "eye" for color isn't that well developed yet (ever?)....Primarily a WB problem, I think..Wiil do more work :>).

Steve

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

yay!!

tetsrfun

Hopefully a little better...in the light of day my previous effort makes me a bit nauseated.

Steve

Senior Member Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Guy and Jack, those river/tree shots are all dynamite!
    Bil

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Still playing with the 150 "D" lens - man, it is sharp from edge to edge! These are both at closest focus.
    Last edited by Bill Caulfeild-Browne; 21st December 2009 at 17:17.

Post Thanks / Like

Guy: Maybe you missed my post (No.2947) in this thread, in which I'm inquiring you about certain subjective qualities between your present back and the former one. Or perhaps, you already talked about it, but unluckily I missed them.
    Tia
    Eduardo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tetsrfun View Post
    Hopefully a little better...in the light of day my previous effort makes me a bit nauseated.

Steve
    Much more neutral in tone but maybe a bit bright...I liked the contrast of the other a bit more as it seems more dramatic. Just a personal preference and I do feel that this is much closer to reality.

Very nice.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Uaiomex View Post
    Guy: If I can recall well, you sold your P25+ for a P30+. What is your experience doing this change? Weren't you bothered by the smaller groundglass image? Or by the bigger lens image cutoff? What do you find better in the P30? Is really better image quality to have a smaller sensor with more pixels than having a bigger sensor with less pixles?
    Well, sorry for so many questions
    TIa
    Eduardo
    Great question the big difference between the P25 and P30 was the extra gain in ISO. The crop factor and going to a smaller 6.8 from the 9 micron sensors I gained a lot in the way of moire or should I say the lack of it more. Now what I noticed on the 6 micron P40 it is even less than the 6.8 as well with regard to Moire. Seems the smaller micron backs handle moire better. Now going to a smaller sensor with more pixels I have not found that to be any issues on the quality front and if anything it has improved since we are going up in total MPX so less enlarging of the image as well.

So making these 22, 31 and 40 MPX jumps has helped overall on the detail front as well. The P40+ has more overall detail than the P30+ but again these MPX jumps you have to be careful they are their for sure in the details but not earth shattering either until you get really big and I mean big. I think you will see this in prints on the larger sized like 30x40 going up maybe even starting bigger. This is something I have not tested but feel very confident they can handle it with no issues.

Now each back comes newer tech with it and the P40+ with sensor + adds some nice features and I really like this back and for the overall money new out the door of it 19k is not bad at all. It's only real limit is a 1 minute time exposure compared to like the P45 at 1 hour. I would like the P40+myself I feel it is better than my P30+ back but at the same time looking what I just shot I am really lacking nothing per say. If you look at Charlie's P20 shots with his Alpa the detail is just gorgeous and that is 18 mpx. Go figure.
    I think it is safe to say as we go up in size we can get bigger detailed prints as we do that but at the same time some of it gets wasted on use. That's okay though I would rather have the strong file when the need comes up you are not painted in a corner. I have been burned by clients on this making things bigger than anyone ever thought they would do at the time of shooting.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Guy: Thanks for this very valuable subjective (and objective)info. I've just read somewhere this guy said that once pixels go below 4 microns, moire will be gone for good. I wonder if this was a scientific fact or just a guess.
    Guy: I'm opening a show tomorrow evening. Can I post the 16 pictures in the Canon forum? I promised Jurgen I would post them
    Thanks
    Eduardo

Great question the big difference between the P25 and P30 was the extra gain in ISO. The crop factor and going to a smaller 6.8 from the 9 micron sensors I gained a lot in the way of moire or should I say the lack of it more. Now what I noticed on the 6 micron P40 it is even less than the 6.8 as well with regard to Moire. Seems the smaller micron backs handle moire better. Now going to a smaller sensor with more pixels I have not found that to be any issues on the quality front and if anything it has improved since we are going up in total MPX so less enlarging of the image as well.

So making these 22, 31 and 40 MPX jumps has helped overall on the detail front as well. The P40+ has more overall detail than the P30+ but again these MPX jumps you have to be careful they are their for sure in the details but not earth shattering either until you get really big and I mean big. I think you will see this in prints on the larger sized like 30x40 going up maybe even starting bigger. This is something I have not tested but feel very confident they can handle it with no issues.

Now each back comes newer tech with it and the P40+ with sensor + adds some nice features and I really like this back and for the overall money new out the door of it 19k is not bad at all. It's only real limit is a 1 minute time exposure compared to like the P45 at 1 hour. I would like the P40+myself I feel it is better than my P30+ back but at the same time looking what I just shot I am really lacking nothing per say. If you look at Charlie's P20 shots with his Alpa the detail is just gorgeous and that is 18 mpx. Go figure.
    I think it is safe to say as we go up in size we can get bigger detailed prints as we do that but at the same time some of it gets wasted on use. That's okay though I would rather have the strong file when the need comes up you are not painted in a corner. I have been burned by clients on this making things bigger than anyone ever thought they would do at the time of shooting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Absolutely post them . Love to see them myself.

Not being the engineer here on sensor design but one has to wonder about getting down to such a low micron count. You would think something would throw a curve ball in their and mess up the works. Anyway the 6 micron seems to be working out for folks also these new backs like the P40 are faster to shoot and have nice ISO levels and the added benefit of sensor plus which I see has some advantage others may not. I think also the P40+ is the new P30 in terms over a great all around back on all levels.

BTW also some advantage to the crop sensors with some older lens designs that may have soft corners and can now even shoot wider with the crop since it does cut the bad stuff out. This is a benefit to some older Hassy and Mamiya lenses that are more useful.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know the P40+ can only capture up to one minute. I'm interested in those backs from PhaseOne wich can shoot for a lot longer. I just finished this piece of work working with a 5DMkII using up to 5 minute exposures. I'm really happy with the results but as a typical human being, now I want to develop my next project with my 500Cm and a digital back. My possibilities are (I think) a (used, demo,refurbished) P25+ or a P30+. I tend to think my best choice would be the P25+ but I endeslessly hesitate because I´m planning on shooting fashion too. (moire) The crop factor of the P30+ turns me off.
    Sleppless in Yucatan

Absolutely post them . Love to see them myself.

Not being the engineer here on sensor design but one has to wonder about getting down to such a low micron count. You would think something would throw a curve ball in their and mess up the works. Anyway the 6 micron seems to be working out for folks also these new backs like the P40 are faster to shoot and have nice ISO levels and the added benefit of sensor plus which I see has some advantage others may not. I think also the P40+ is the new P30 in terms over a great all around back on all levels.

BTW also some advantage to the crop sensors with some older lens designs that may have soft corners and can now even shoot wider with the crop since it does cut the bad stuff out. This is a benefit to some older Hassy and Mamiya lenses that are more useful.

tetsrfun

Much more neutral in tone but maybe a bit bright...I liked the contrast of the other a bit more as it seems more dramatic.
    Thanks for the comment...I will do some more work..

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Tough call the P25+ is not something I would really recommend for fashion because of the Moire although C1 has tools for it. The P30+ would be the better choice and I shot that as long as 30 minutes with no ill effects. Have to say the crop is not as bad as it seems.

Here take a look at this. http://www.phaseone.com/Digital-Back...ech-Specs.aspx

BTW folks C1 Version 5 is released

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

One more 150 D at f2.8!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Lake Superior earlier this month.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Caulfeild-Browne View Post
    One more 150 D at f2.8!
    Keep that up, and you'll have me convinced to keep mine! Very nice image
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Bill: i don't see your last two images

Post Thanks / Like

Likewise, Bill. Can't see 'em. But would like to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Keep that up, and you'll have me convinced to keep mine! Very nice image

tetsrfun

OT...???

"A picture of a hunting wolf has won the prestigious Veolia Environment Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2009 award."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8318226.stm

It is an interesting picture but what caught my eye was that it was shot using a Hassy and ISO 50 Fujichrome which seems a odd combo for night wildlife photography.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Maybe no batteries to deal with was the reason. Hmmm Great shot regardless

tetsrfun

Zabriskie Point late evening, last week. 'blad-CFV

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Allyn View Post
    Likewise, Bill. Can't see 'em. But would like to.
    I tried to post full size images rather than thumbnails - and I guess I didn't do it properly.

I'll try again.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

If you click on the thumbnail it opens to the size you made. Otherwise to see actually full images like mine posted you have to upload to the gallery copy the direct link code and you will get full size images.

Bill read this http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54

Post Thanks / Like

If you click on the thumbnail it opens to the size you made. Otherwise to see actually full images like mine posted you have to upload to the gallery copy the direct link code and you will get full size images.

Bill read this http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54
    Guy, I'm not getting the thumbs in Bill's post. Just the missing file "?". That's what I was referring to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Post 2929 I see thumb nails.
    Post 2978 and 2979 I see full images . Now I'm confused . Really not hard to do that actually. LOL

JACK HELP

Post Thanks / Like

2969 is okay on my end, it's 2978 and 2979 that don't show for me (just to clarify).

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Dale , Bill's server went down so that must be the cause.

Post Thanks / Like

No worries. Just wanted report what was showing (on not showing) here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Couple from the P30+ with the 45D lens. This lens became pretty popular on the workshop three where purchased.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Trying to post a full size image again...seems now I'm getting a thumbnail too!

Back to the drawing board.
    Last edited by Bill Caulfeild-Browne; 21st December 2009 at 17:17.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Bill must be the 150mm lens it is so sharp the forum can't handle it well. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Bill. I see both the full-size image and the thumbnail in the post above. And clicking the thumbnail opens the image on a white background. So you gave us double the pleasure.

gdwhalen

This is the type of scenery I like to shoot.

Post Thanks / Like

...and this is mine

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Still processing a few from Oregon. Here is one that took some cooking as it was pretty darn foggy and dim when we were there shooting:

Jack

Subscriber & Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nice Jack, I've been waiting for images from this stop to appear. I hope to get to processing mine tomorrow. I've put it off because after looking at them initially I could tell it was going to take some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

thanks Charlie, looking forward to seeing your version too!
    Jack