Site Sponsors
Page 67 of 386 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,350 of 19299

Thread: Fun with MF images

  1. #3301
    Senior Member JimCollum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    santa cruz, ca
    Posts
    936
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    155

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Campbell View Post
    Jim -this is lovely. This series is turning into a major statement. Can you share details on processing?
    Thanks Woody.. I'm an avid follower of your daily blog as well!

    I actually do very little in post processing. I use Nik Silver Efex for all of the b/w conversion. I've developed two split tone curves that I pretty much use for everything. I'm using the same one on everything in this series. It also has a little vignette as well as some tri-x grain. I typically use red filtration (but sometimes green). I've added a square overlay into the Aptus, which follows it into Leaf Capture.

    I try to spend a minimum amount of time in Photoshop

  2. #3302
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by JimCollum View Post
    aptus 75s, zeiss 110/2

    Jim, i like your images a lot! the 110mm from Zeiss really renders the images in a very special way. wish i could afford the 110 for my Hy6.

    Philipp
    Philipp Derganz Photography
    Fotograf Wien Österreich

  3. #3303
    Senior Member JimCollum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    santa cruz, ca
    Posts
    936
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    155

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    Jim, i like your images a lot! the 110mm from Zeiss really renders the images in a very special way. wish i could afford the 110 for my Hy6.

    Philipp
    Thanks Philipp! It's by far my favorite lens on the MF gear. it's a shame they don't make them anymore.. it's raised it's price

  4. #3304
    Workshop Member Woody Campbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    66

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by JimCollum View Post
    Thanks Woody.. I'm an avid follower of your daily blog as well!

    I actually do very little in post processing. I use Nik Silver Efex for all of the b/w conversion. I've developed two split tone curves that I pretty much use for everything. I'm using the same one on everything in this series. It also has a little vignette as well as some tri-x grain. I typically use red filtration (but sometimes green). I've added a square overlay into the Aptus, which follows it into Leaf Capture.

    I try to spend a minimum amount of time in Photoshop
    That's pretty much what I'm doing except I'm doing the grayscale conversions in LR. Adding some vignetting helps almost every image (the equivalent if edge burning in wet darkroom printing). I'm generally not adding grain unless I'm on the noisy end of the ISO scale. The idea is to do everything possible in LR and use presets. The daily blog demands an efficient workflow. My main use of PS is correcting perspective.

  5. #3305
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tucson/Carmel/Jackson Hole
    Posts
    4,226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    These were both taken yesterday during a trip to Show Low. This is the Salt Rive Canyon area near the White Mountain Apache Reservation. Both were taken with the Cambo WRS 1000/P45+ and Schneider 120mm lens with 20mm shifts for a 2-shot panorama. I also had a Hoya enhancing filter attached to the lens. Opened first in C1 then merged in CS4. Each would print to 20x60.





    Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

  6. #3306

  7. #3307
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tucson/Carmel/Jackson Hole
    Posts
    4,226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Great images Jim I think I like the first one the most - must be the door.

    Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

  8. #3308
    Sr. Administrator Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Altos, CA
    Posts
    10,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1022

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Great Jim! 2nd one is my favorite, but the 1st is close!
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

  9. #3309
    Workshop Member Woody Campbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    66

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Yesterday's post. H3D 39 + HCD 35-90 @ 35.


  10. #3310
    Workshop Member Woody Campbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    66

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Out takes from yesterday. All in the High Line Park.

    Three panels stitched H3D 39 +HCD 35-90 @35:



    Same @ 60.


  11. #3311
    Sr. Administrator Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Altos, CA
    Posts
    10,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1022

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Woody, that first shot above is outstanding -- excellent treatment with framing, subject and composition!
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

  12. #3312

  13. #3313

  14. #3314
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    carstenw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    2,530
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Another very nice series, Jim. That processing really gives certain types of images a great feel. I really like #2, #4, #6, and #8.
    Carsten - Website

  15. #3315
    Subscriber & Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,178
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    414

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Some winter color from this morning. Alpa, P20+, 90mm.



  16. #3316
    Subscriber & Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,178
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    414

    Re: Fun with MF images

    From October 2009, Alpa, P20+, 90mm.


    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  17. #3317
    Senior Member darr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    840
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Time for a "girl shot." I mean a shot taken by a girl.



    Arca M Line 2, P45 @ 50 ASA, Rodenstock 120 macro, 1 @ f/5.6 + 1 @ f/64 blended

  18. #3318
    Senior Member Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bruce Peninsula, Canada
    Posts
    2,390
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    113

    Re: Fun with MF images

    We need more girl shots like this one, Darr!
    Love it!
    Bill

  19. #3319
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    another girl shot but taken by a guy

    400ISO pushed 1.5 stops, Zeiss [email protected] just since I felt Ineed to takke a MF picture last Sunday. I know focus could be a little closer but I like it anyways...
    And thanks again for all the "support" in my other thread.

  20. #3320
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by t_streng View Post
    another girl shot but taken by a guy

    400ISO pushed 1.5 stops, Zeiss [email protected] just since I felt Ineed to takke a MF picture last Sunday. I know focus could be a little closer but I like it anyways...
    And thanks again for all the "support" in my other thread.
    Superb!

    =Marc

  21. #3321
    Senior Member darr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    840
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Caulfeild-Browne View Post
    We need more girl shots like this one, Darr!
    Love it!
    Bill
    Thanks Bill!!
    "Creativity takes courage." ~ Henri Matisse
    Darlene Almeda, photoscapes.com

  22. #3322
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Brockton,MA
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    34

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Brockton, MA H3d-50

  23. #3323
    Sr. Administrator Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Altos, CA
    Posts
    10,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1022

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasR View Post
    Brockton, MA H3d-50
    Very nice composition and excellent B&W treatment
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

  24. #3324
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Brockton,MA
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    34

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Very nice composition and excellent B&W treatment
    Thanks Jack

    BlasR

  25. #3325
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tucson/Carmel/Jackson Hole
    Posts
    4,226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Very nice BlasR! Same comments as Jack +1
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

  26. #3326
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tucson/Carmel/Jackson Hole
    Posts
    4,226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Sitting here feeling a little funky so I thought I'd try a different approach. 2-shot pano 120mm lens 20mm shifts.


    Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

  27. #3327
    Member Analog6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Terranora Northern NSW Australia
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Truly impressive work, everybody, I am getting very inspired!

    On Sunday I took my H2 'up the creek' literally. A camera meet for our Australian Photography forum, in the event only 2 of us turned up. I got there for dawn and started out at 5am, the next guy didn't arrive til 7.30! They are always amazed that I lug the H2 into everyday situations, but leaving it behind just to use the Canon gear would be like having a limo and driving a mini moke in my book!

    It as a hard rock hopping scramble, at one stage I fell flat on my back but I held the camera in the air! My back is telling me about it though.

    So here are a couple from Currumbin Creek, Gold Coast hinterland in Springbrook National Park, Qld.

    The fern was an experiment but it was a bit windy and it moved. That 80mm lens makes nice bokeh though!

    All H2, 80mm f 2.8 and P20
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  28. #3328
    Senior Member bensonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    700

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Love the photos Odille! Good on you for hiking out there with the H2! These really take me back a few years (35 years actually) to the 2 years I lived in Brisbane. Spent many weekends traveling to the Gold and Sunshine coasts (north and south of Brisbane)...and even back into the hinterlands a bit. Wish I could get back there someday.....Australia is such a beautiful and fascinating place.

    Look forward to seeing more of your images here.

    Gary

  29. #3329
    Member Analog6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Terranora Northern NSW Australia
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Well, if you come in the next couple of years, while we are still in our big rental house (it will eventually be knocked down for the little boxes!) you are welcome to stay. We have 3 double sofa beds scattered around. You do, however, have to like cats - we have 6.

    I'll pots some sunrises, I take all those out of my verandah window, I just have the most glorious view.

  30. #3330
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Libby View Post
    Sitting here feeling a little funky so I thought I'd try a different approach. 2-shot pano 120mm lens 20mm shifts.

    Don
    Nice look Don. I just acquired a 150mm short barrel for my cambo and am looking forward to using it in the field.

    Ed

  31. #3331
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by gogopix View Post
    somewhat modest start

    Victor
    Awesome dynamic range Victor.

  32. #3332
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tucson/Carmel/Jackson Hole
    Posts
    4,226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    Nice look Don. I just acquired a 150mm short barrel for my cambo and am looking forward to using it in the field.

    Ed
    Hi Ed - Thanks. I heard you got the 150mm right around the same time you had your "little" accident. Glad to see you back on your feet again.

    Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

  33. #3333
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tucson/Carmel/Jackson Hole
    Posts
    4,226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    False Kiva


    Located somewhere in the Canyonlands National Park hidden inside a cave sits a man-made circle of stone. It's not on any public map and requires a knowledge of hiking and special directions to find it. The name "False Kiva" arises from the uncertainly around the origin of the stones and purpose, not whether it really is an authentic kiva.

    Park Rangers are required to disclose the location of the Class II site when asked for specific directions.

    I hiked here in February 2008 and stayed there for a couple hours. It turned out not only to be a very difficult hike (the last couple hundred yards are all up hill on very loose rock) but difficult to properly photograph. While I normally like to return to places I shot in this case it will be sometime before I think of returning.

    I shot this image using a Mamiya AFDII camera body, Phase One P30+ digital back and a Mamiya 28mm lens.

    I'm finally satisfied with the results after two years for working the image.

    Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

  34. #3334
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tucson/Carmel/Jackson Hole
    Posts
    4,226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post

    So here are a couple from Currumbin Creek, Gold Coast hinterland in Springbrook National Park, Qld.

    The fern was an experiment but it was a bit windy and it moved. That 80mm lens makes nice bokeh though!

    All H2, 80mm f 2.8 and P20
    Analog6 - Those images from Springbrook are great. I'm drawn to the last which I feel is just stunning. Great work all and I'm looking forward to more.

    Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

  35. #3335
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Posts
    2,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Cool story and interesting place Don. What is a kiva used for? Or is that the question?

    Here are two film shots from a road trip I took with friends in the fall...203FE and 350/4 and 110/2. I don't remember the film...probably E100G.



    My photos are here: http://www.stuartrichardson.com and more recent work here: http://stuartrichardson.tumblr.com/ Please have a look at my book!
    My lab is here: http://www.customphotolab.is and on facebook

  36. #3336
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tucson/Carmel/Jackson Hole
    Posts
    4,226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Thanks Stuart - this says it so much better than I could.

    I love the feel of places like this; you're sitting in a very high place overlooking beautiful scenery and normally very quite. And to think the place was built without the aid of power tools!

    I like the first image you just posted - the more I look at it the more I see; I just noticed the building in the lower right; I had first noticed the colors, then the clouds, then the water falls. Very nice. Iceland has always been on my "to do" list.

    Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

  37. #3337
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images






  38. #3338
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images


  39. #3339
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images


  40. #3340
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images






  41. #3341
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tucson/Carmel/Jackson Hole
    Posts
    4,226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Professional – my immediate reaction to your images as posted are that they are too large for most computers and some who might be on dial up. Reduce the size so it becomes easier to view without having to scroll and you might get better/more feedback. Remember size isn’t everything when you post your images.

    This is just my 2₵.

    Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

  42. #3342
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    I really like the 2 images of the kids. Plus it is good to not only see landscapes here.

  43. #3343
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Libby View Post
    Professional – my immediate reaction to your images as posted are that they are too large for most computers and some who might be on dial up. Reduce the size so it becomes easier to view without having to scroll and you might get better/more feedback. Remember size isn’t everything when you post your images.

    This is just my 2₵.

    Don
    Oh i see, i am so sorry, because i resize all my pics almost to "1024" on the longest side for one forum that i always post there, so i copied those photos from that forum to post here, but it seems that 1024 is too large here with many photos, then should i keep it on 800 on the longest side? Also with 800 i feel it is not good enough size for many cameras to show best, maybe 1024 is not that big either but definitely better than 800, so forgive me, i will resize those photos and anything later, but what size i should use?

  44. #3344
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    carstenw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    2,530
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    I agree with Don, I normally read this forum on my laptop, and I cannot see everything on my screen. About 800-900 is the limit for me on the long side. The portrait of the boy seems to be 900x1200.

    Quick reply before I go to bed, since you asked for some feedback in another thread:

    The lens shots look slightly too strongly lit, in my opinion. The highlights are killing the detail underneath them. Other than that, they are technically well done, but also not different from regular product shots.

    The watches looks much better, but again, they are technically well done, but not so interesting. These shots all need "an idea" to bring them to life. The blue background works, I think, but doesn't happen to be my taste.

    The metal grating looks like the sort of test shot you do when you want to get minimum depth of field at near focus distance with a new lens

    I like your portraits of your kids (I presume? I recognize your daughter, I am pretty sure). They look comfortable with you taking their photo. The boy looks slightly posed, but it is a nice pose. It bothers me a little that his near eye is blurred, and I would have used slightly more depth of field to get them both sharp. The portrait of the girl looks very nice, fun, like an outtake in a photo session. I think I would crop it a little higher to get rid of the bagginess of the dress. I think she is sitting, and her knees are holding the dress out, and it looks bigger because of this, which looks a little odd.

    All of the shots are of a high technical standard I think, but as you hinted in the other thread, other than the portrait of your daughter, they lack a special touch, something unique. If you keep doing it, at some point I think something will come. After years of shooting, suddenly it came to me as I was repeating something I had often done.
    Carsten - Website

  45. #3345
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by t_streng View Post
    I really like the 2 images of the kids. Plus it is good to not only see landscapes here.
    Thank you very much!

    And this is a different between me and you, you people really have nice and amazing landscapes, but we don't have nice landscapes here, even if there is but it is not good enough or spectacular as yours, also we are so lazy to go far for any good landscapes in my country that we know it is not so comparable to yours, maybe the desert which you like but we don't like.

  46. #3346
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    carstenw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    2,530
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Well, I would love to make photos in the desert. To me, the desert is a very special place. I was in Egypt a few years ago, and spent some time in both The White Desert and The Black Desert, and loved shooting there. In '90 I did a motorcycle trip from Toronto to Ottawa to Vancouver to Los Angeles and back, and passed through Death Valley, Grand Canyon, The Painted Desert, Monument Valley and south-east Utah, whatever the desert is called there. I loved it!

    They say that the best landscape shots are done by people who spend a lot of time there, not by tourists or travellers. Maybe you could try shooting in the desert and see how you like it?
    Carsten - Website

  47. #3347
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by carstenw View Post
    I agree with Don, I normally read this forum on my laptop, and I cannot see everything on my screen. About 800-900 is the limit for me on the long side. The portrait of the boy seems to be 900x1200.

    Quick reply before I go to bed, since you asked for some feedback in another thread:

    The lens shots look slightly too strongly lit, in my opinion. The highlights are killing the detail underneath them. Other than that, they are technically well done, but also not different from regular product shots.

    The watches looks much better, but again, they are technically well done, but not so interesting. These shots all need "an idea" to bring them to life. The blue background works, I think, but doesn't happen to be my taste.

    The metal grating looks like the sort of test shot you do when you want to get minimum depth of field at near focus distance with a new lens

    I like your portraits of your kids (I presume? I recognize your daughter, I am pretty sure). They look comfortable with you taking their photo. The boy looks slightly posed, but it is a nice pose. It bothers me a little that his near eye is blurred, and I would have used slightly more depth of field to get them both sharp. The portrait of the girl looks very nice, fun, like an outtake in a photo session. I think I would crop it a little higher to get rid of the bagginess of the dress. I think she is sitting, and her knees are holding the dress out, and it looks bigger because of this, which looks a little odd.

    All of the shots are of a high technical standard I think, but as you hinted in the other thread, other than the portrait of your daughter, they lack a special touch, something unique. If you keep doing it, at some point I think something will come. After years of shooting, suddenly it came to me as I was repeating something I had often done.
    I know what do you mean with "Idea" or let's say, a creative way or look, i also don't feel anything about those photos mostly, and those are all just test shots even my daughters, until now i don't have anything i shoot with MF that is truly nice and great and artwork or masterpiece, for product and still life i have many ideas but all of them above is with one light only which is not placed correctly, it is a test as i said, but later i will make better look productive and creative shots whether with MF or just Canon.

    The boy is not my kid, he is an adopted son by my sister, also his pose was natural, took it suddenly when he was not in attention, i like the lighting thought regardless of the focus point [which was nightmare with Hassy] or DoF, i have another shots of my daughters which are slightly better than those, i will post them later.

  48. #3348
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by carstenw View Post
    Well, I would love to make photos in the desert. To me, the desert is a very special place. I was in Egypt a few years ago, and spent some time in both The White Desert and The Black Desert, and loved shooting there. In '90 I did a motorcycle trip from Toronto to Ottawa to Vancouver to Los Angeles and back, and passed through Death Valley, Grand Canyon, The Painted Desert, Monument Valley and south-east Utah, whatever the desert is called there. I loved it!

    They say that the best landscape shots are done by people who spend a lot of time there, not by tourists or travellers. Maybe you could try shooting in the desert and see how you like it?
    I don't like much desert shots, it could be interesting and we can have something nice from there no doubt, but if i don't like the nature that i live within then it is no matter whatever i do i can get something interesting then, it doesn't matter about you live in that place and you don't enjoy or feel comfortable or happy there, all my best shots are from my travels unfortunately.

    For you, you are welcome to the desert




  49. #3349
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tucson/Carmel/Jackson Hole
    Posts
    4,226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    I’ll normally size images between 800 and 900 on the longest size for those uploaded here. I normally keep images that I link larger.

    Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

  50. #3350
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images






Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •