The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Libby

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Harris Beach State Park, Brookings OR. Phase AFD, P45+ and 28mm lens. I decided to crop much of the sky out to give this look. I was about 4' off the ground standing ankle deep in water. This prints at 15x30 or much larger.

don

A

apneaimages

Don wunderfull!!!

this place remind me a lot of the spot where i as child was fishing.!! ( I am greek , born in Crete). thats for brining back those memories!!

Don Libby

Don wunderfull!!!

this place remind me a lot of the spot where i as child was fishing.!! ( I am greek , born in Crete). thats for brining back those memories!!
Hi Lambis

Thank you for the kind thoughts. I've always thought the most important part of any image is the feelings it develops within the viewer...

don

Don Libby

Just worked this image up this morning. I could have really used a wider lens than the 35mm however with the movements of the Cambo I was able to compensate. Total of 9 images, 3 rows by 3 columns native size turned out to be 10012x7504. (Cambo RS 1000, P45+, 35mm lens, F/8 at 1 sec ISO 50)

don

JimCollum

these have been some of the best b/w images i've seen since your Betterlight days.. I'd stick with this setup.. it seems to fit your style of shooting

A few from yesterday on the Sedona leg of our workshop. These were all from the P45+ on the Mamiya, and I think all are the 120 macro. Processing was done virtually all in C1 including the B&W conversions, but I used CS just for jpegging them as I have not yet figured out how to get C1 to generate a really crisp looking 900 pixel jpeg yet. Hopefully Doug can show me how to do that in C1 when we get to Moab :D

Cheers,

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Thanks Jim , love that 80 1.9 shot of yours nice movement going on. I agree on Jack's setup , he seems most comfortable with the MF systems. His images have improved creatively using it. Sometimes a system can slow your creative juices. Jacks picked up , I'm still on the fence. I love MF no question. But I like diving in the dirt sometimes too if you know what I mean. I think I am more at a burn out stage again than anything else. Been through several of these through the years, not the gear just my head (mid-life) and or combination of health the last couple months.

Paratom

Some more winter images from Swizerland with Hy6-54

and a little cheating: 2 from the d3x

JimCollum

a few new portraits

Mamiya 645, Aptus 75s, Zeiss 110/F2, Profoto strobe to the left, single Nikon SB900 on camera

D

DougDolde

Jim those are great. Who is the beautiful girl?

D

DougDolde

One from the Grand Canyon. Contax 645, 45mm, Aptus 75S.
I spent two days processing this and think I'm finally satisfied with it. (well maybe)

carstenw

This past Sunday, I developed my first film in probably ten years. Hasselblad 2000FC/M, 110/2 wide open at the near limit, Tri-X, D-76, placed in a protective plastic sheet and scanned at 600 dpi on my 99 Euro dirty office fax/printer/copier/scanner device. Noise, dust, scattering from the plastic, it all adds to the look :)

View attachment 12396

routlaw

One from the Grand Canyon. Contax 645, 45mm, Aptus 75S.
I spent two days processing this and think I'm finally satisfied with it. (well maybe)
Doug

Its working for me, looks really nice. Been there and done that all to often myself... spend 10 times the amount of time editing an image compared to how long it took to take it.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.