Page 82 of 386 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,100 of 19300

Thread: Fun with MF images

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fun with MF images

Quote Originally Posted by Double Negative View Post
    Perhaps, but as they say - "it's not the gear, but the photographer!"

There's definitely some incredible talent here at GetDPI. And gear lists that boggle the mind. Of course it's hard to "compete" with 65MP backs when you're pissing in the wind with an 8MP DSLR. Ha. But it's a friendly group!
    The problem is that all or most here when getting those expensive gear they are already have experience and talented, i bought my gear for fun, so my shots for fun can't be in same class of those here with experience, so imagine my fun shots of 21-39mp against art work experienced 40-65 shots, no way my shots will be interesting here, i may post few shots here later when i will choose some, but i will post more on another forums.
    Tareq

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough, Tareq!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    The problem is that all or most here when getting those expensive gear they are already have experience and talented, i bought my gear for fun, so my shots for fun can't be in same class of those here with experience, so imagine my fun shots of 21-39mp against art work experienced 40-65 shots, no way my shots will be interesting here, i may post few shots here later when i will choose some, but i will post more on another forums.
    I have this little joke with myself. After 20 something years of making photographs, I like to think that I am no longer capable of making a bad photograph. There's a lot of silly egoism in that, but there's also truth to the matter. If you really feel like your work is not "up to snuff" just give yourself time. If you keep making photographs and most importantly keep looking at photographs you will eventually find your vision. The problem is, or the problem I have is, no matter how good your work is, you may never find it to be good enough. Then again, there is motivation to be found in dissatisfaction.

-CB

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Barrett View Post
    I have this little joke with myself. After 20 something years of making photographs, I like to think that I am no longer capable of making a bad photograph. There's a lot of silly egoism in that, but there's also truth to the matter. If you really feel like your work is not "up to snuff" just give yourself time. If you keep making photographs and most importantly keep looking at photographs you will eventually find your vision. The problem is, or the problem I have is, no matter how good your work is, you may never find it to be good enough. Then again, there is motivation to be found in dissatisfaction.

-CB
    Honestly, i love my work, but it is not so great to others to choose or comment on it, put it in some galleries, competitions and so, didn't get anything back rather than few replies as usual: "Nice, good shot, i like #,..wow,...etc", i think i posted some here and didn't get much replies and your shots are always discussed almost in pages maybe, so it shows like our shots are not on par to yours, and i feel like my shots are not your cup of tea, in this case i don't try to post more and just keep shooting for myself and post 1-2 shots time to time here.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I certainly can identify with this...:-)

Honestly, i love my work, but it is not so great to others to choose or comment on it, put it in some galleries, competitions and so, didn't get anything back rather than few replies as usual: "Nice, good shot, i like #,..wow,...etc", i think i posted some here and didn't get much replies and your shots are always discussed almost in pages maybe, so it shows like our shots are not on par to yours, and i feel like my shots are not your cup of tea, in this case i don't try to post more and just keep shooting for myself and post 1-2 shots time to time here.

Post Thanks / Like

That's the key, Man. Just keep shooting for yourself. Take what criticism you can get, both good and bad and choose to listen to what you feel is truly relevant. I have this belief that I have long adhered to and it came from years of trying to make photographs that I thought people might like... If I make images that honestly speak to and satisfy my own soul, then others will find value in them because in the end we are all intrinsically and inexplicably connected through our common humanity and because of that, despite our preconceptions and prejudices we will, in the end, understand one another.

I do enjoy that these forums bring together varied levels of talents and experience, because the more you segment yourself the less you can learn... therefore the greater the exposure the greater the possibility for dialogue.

AND... you know what's funny? You might not think your work "my cup of tea" because my own work has little to do with people... but I secretly envy those who can do great portraiture and fashion. The response can be so much more visceral, the connection more satisfying when the subject is humanity.

Cheers,
    CB

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

OK, encouraged...comments on this one? Early experiment with CombineZF: 5 shots combined for DOF...no retouching of the masks after...actually not certain how to do the touchups...as a result, the errors of the software in guessing which were the in focus parts shown.

Image is of the tourbillon cage including the escapement assembly of the Lange Pour le Merite Homage Tourbograph. Diameter of the cage is 12.5mm. DOF is neglible, at f/11. Hasselblad H3d-39 with HC 2.8/80 and 78mm extension.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That's the key, Man. Just keep shooting for yourself. Take what criticism you can get, both good and bad and choose to listen to what you feel is truly relevant. I have this belief that I have long adhered to and it came from years of trying to make photographs that I thought people might like... If I make images that honestly speak to and satisfy my own soul, then others will find value in them because in the end we are all intrinsically and inexplicably connected through our common humanity and because of that, despite our preconceptions and prejudices we will, in the end, understand one another.

I do enjoy that these forums bring together varied levels of talents and experience, because the more you segment yourself the less you can learn... therefore the greater the exposure the greater the possibility for dialogue.

AND... you know what's funny? You might not think your work "my cup of tea" because my own work has little to do with people... but I secretly envy those who can do great portraiture and fashion. The response can be so much more visceral, the connection more satisfying when the subject is humanity.

Cheers,
    CB
    I am just starting ti find people to shoot, i did once for fashion [personal, didn't post the results anywhere yet] and the results were truly amazing, i think i will get good comments if i posted them, but i don't want to because i want to do more shooting and then i can choose out of a BIG collection of photos, and i will keep shooting forever whether people like my work or they are not interested much, but sure one day i will be there where my works can talk spread.

I think i should post here and shouldn't look at comment or critiques, but if you do it will be my pleasure, give us a fair to look at work and say something even it is not a type of work you'd like to see.

Cheers,
    Tareq
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by P. Chong View Post
    OK, encouraged...comments on this one? Early experiment with CombineZF: 5 shots combined for DOF...no retouching of the masks after...actually not certain how to do the touchups...as a result, the errors of the software in guessing which were the in focus parts shown.

Image is of the tourbillon cage including the escapement assembly of the Lange Pour le Merite Homage Tourbograph. Diameter of the cage is 12.5mm. DOF is neglible, at f/11. Hasselblad H3d-39 with HC 2.8/80 and 78mm extension.
    When i will buy 120mm macro then i will share you some of those products/jewel/watch/still life shots, i am really interested in doing that but i would like to see how professionals doing it once and then i will do a lot.
    Tareq

Subscriber & Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A shot out the window. Sometimes I just like cocking and firing the shutter. APO Digitar 47mm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Shot several weeks ago. APO Digitar 90mm.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Cheers,
    CB
    Very well said Chris .

I try to do so since quite some time , because I am fedup with all these comments like "you should choose an other standpoint , you should bring in more green , you should wait for sunset , you should . . . . " .
    Then I used to say , ok. . . . go and do so . Never ever saw a result .

I shoot for myself and don't care if others like what I do or not .
    That does not exclude "constructive" criticism , no , that is welcome .

Lets start to do so here and now .

Jürgen

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jotloob View Post
    Very well said Chris .

I try to do so since quite some time , because I am fedup with all these comments like "you should choose an other standpoint , you should bring in more green , you should wait for sunset , you should . . . . " .
    Then I used to say , ok. . . . go and do so . Never ever saw a result .

I shoot for myself and don't care if others like what I do or not .
    That does not exclude "constructive" criticism , no , that is welcome .

Lets start to do so here and now .

Jürgen
    Yes, i agree, "Let's start to do so here and now".
    Tareq

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Took this the second night at Moab near Dead Horse State Park. The previous night was even better with storm clouds however I had left the P45+ sitting back in the room and only had the M9. This was taken with the Cambo WRS1000, P45+ Schneider 120mm short barrel 2-shot pano (20mm shifts). One of the first images processed in CS5. Yeah I know the sky still needs work...

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Shelby Lewis

-CB

I find, now, that I know what I want to capture... and I have a sense of what a good photograph (for me) will look like. It's having the patience to craft it that makes the difference, and of course, the will to stand by what moves me.

If I can just stick to my guns, I almost always like what I get... it's when I "fracture" myself that I seem to be the most disappointed.

Great work guys... as an architect, musician, and photographer... I love everything you guys post. I find it all "sings" in one way or another.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Full Frame

crop
    Tareq

Optechs Digital

Tereq,

Thanks for that picture! That closeup really makes me smile. Nice One.

Thanks,
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Optechs Digital View Post
    Tereq,

Thanks for that picture! That closeup really makes me smile. Nice One.

Thanks,
    Paul
    Thank you very much Paul!
    And this picture makes me sad, because it was taken in our old house which we left about 1 week ago, i will never forget it, over 20 years a bit there.
    Tareq

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Great shot, Tareq - especially the crop! I grew up with parakeets as a kid, and had quite a few over the years. Later I ended up with a cockatiel, which unfortunately was not hand-fed... That was a huge mistake!

Now I have two cats... No birds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Double Negative View Post
    Great shot, Tareq - especially the crop! I grew up with parakeets as a kid, and had quite a few over the years. Later I ended up with a cockatiel, which unfortunately was not hand-fed... That was a huge mistake!

Now I have two cats... No birds.
    I grew up with cats, dogs, parrots, even we have ducks and turtles, and i remember i was having fun with hens and a cow, oh my, all those memories are gone and saved in my head only.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Oh, i forgot that my dad brought a peacock before and also a camel.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

I have been busy using my new 645DF, Phase One 40+ system for commercial assignments so I have not been posting images. I got a chance the other day to take some personal photos I can share, an environmental portrait of my two grand children (taken on an overcast afternoon day with 120D mounted on a tripod) and a red maple, late afternoon warm lighting, with 80mm Schneider lens. The last photo is a location portrait of an IBM Fellow holding a 300mm semiconductor wafer, also with the 80mm Schneider lens......Tom.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zonevt View Post
    I have been busy using my new 645DF, Phase One 40+ system for commercial assignments so I have not been posting images. I got a chance the other day to take some personal photos I can share, an environmental portrait of my two grand children (taken on an overcast afternoon day with 120D mounted on a tripod) and a red maple, late afternoon warm lighting, with 80mm Schneider lens. The last photo is a location portrait of an IBM Fellow holding a 300mm semiconductor wafer, also with the 80mm Schneider lens......Tom.
    Beautiful images, Tom. I particularly like that portrait of your grandsons.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work Tom. I especially like them all!
    "Creativity takes courage." ~ Henri Matisse
    Darlene Almeda, photoscapes.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes, beautiful shots Tom, well done!!!
    Tareq

Senior Member Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Beautiful images, Tom. I particularly like that portrait of your grandsons.
    +1! Great shot, Tom!
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

from a portrait session this morning...

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

nicely done

Senior Member Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Polarized. Yesterday in Southern Ontario.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I love B&W shots these days more than colors due to using film, but i can do that with digital as well even i prefer the film look more.

Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Professional;215395]I love B&W shots these days more than colors due to using film, but i can do that with digital as well even i prefer the film look more.

Wonderful pictures of the young girl, I think she is use to pose a front of a camera :-) my own is, very well captured, both sharpness and conversion is imo perfect..

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

[QUOTE=pixelshooter;215493]
    I love B&W shots these days more than colors due to using film, but i can do that with digital as well even i prefer the film look more.

Wonderful pictures of the young girl, I think she is use to pose a front of a camera :-) my own is, very well captured, both sharpness and conversion is imo perfect..
    Thank you very much!
    Yes, before it was very very difficult to ask them to pose for me, nowadays they do it better or naturally even still not good enough, sure if i do more they will pose as pro models, hehe.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

In the pacific northwest for a few weeks. Solid rain the last week so waterfalls are the subject of the day. P65+, cambia RS, 35XL, two shot stitch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

XPixel, I do like that shot!

Ed, very nice too!
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    In the pacific northwest for a few weeks. Solid rain the last week so waterfalls are the subject of the day. P65+, cambia RS, 35XL, two shot stitch.

Ed

What a great shot . That is my favourite topic . Waterfalls .
    Tell us more about the two shots you used for stitching .

Thank you also to the other users for posting their images .
    Good shots . I do like this thread .

Jürgen

Post Thanks / Like

Jurgen,

The stitching is extremely easy with the cambo and p65+. I took one shot shifted 15mm left and the other shifted 15 right. They stitch in cs5 with reposition only so there is no distortion. Usually one image is a pixel or two off so you crop the top and bottom pixel or two and you have a 90-100mp image. The digitar glass is incredibly sharp so 6-8 foot prints still look great.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Jurgen,

The stitching is extremely easy with the cambo and p65+. I took one shot shifted 15mm left and the other shifted 15 right. They stitch in cs5 with reposition only so there is no distortion. Usually one image is a pixel or two off so you crop the top and bottom pixel or two and you have a 90-100mp image. The digitar glass is incredibly sharp so 6-8 foot prints still look great.
    I'm in total agreement with Ed on this; while I still use the P45+ the ability of flat stitching found with the Cambo is wonderful and simple to process in CS4 or 5. I have never regretted getting the Cambo even when my back hurts from carrying back to the jeep after a short hike around the southwest.

Ed - That is yet again a great image!

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

xpixel - what a great shot! Love the light.

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like

A few more images from the PNW. It's been raining on us for a week now but is supposed to start clearing in a day or two.

All P65+ with either cambo RS or Phase One DF.

More on my blog if you care to visit.

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Xpixel,

I love that image. The light is incredible, please send some of that my way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Such great pictures here as usual...I've got a personnal preference for the landscape ones.

Some with the P25+ :

ALPA - ApoDigitar 47xl :

SWC Biogon :

ALPA and ApoDigitar 24mm :

---------------------------------
    http://stef974.tumblr.com/
    ---------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A few more images from the PNW. It's been raining on us for a week now but is supposed to start clearing in a day or two.

All P65+ with either cambo RS or Phase One DF.

More on my blog if you care to visit.

Ed
    Great series Ed!
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

After much gear switching, I am finally shooting a portrait series I've had in mind for some time. This isn't exactly what was planned, but what ever is? An image from this weekend's shooting just kept pulling at me, so I did some minor edits. Here it is.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Great series Ed!
    +1 I started to say that I loved the barn and the hills then thought what the heck like them all!

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You guys are making me feel guilty about leaving my MF kit on the shelf and shooting Nikon all the time. In the meantime I do enjoy the images posted and appreciate you guys sharing them. Very nice work by all...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Stephane - the first image is really wonderful - nicely composed and the processing gives it such a mice feeling.