Page 87 of 386 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 187 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,350 of 19293

Thread: Fun with MF images

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fun with MF images

Quote Originally Posted by gogopix View Post
    Dear Xpixel
    again a great eye! I am sure there will be the 'oversharpened' comments on the roses (and, they may be) but not the others
    really nailed the last one
    Hmmm --- is that a halo I see around the bug's antennae?
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

A few shots from my recent test around my neighborhood with the S2 and 35mm Summarit-S f/2.5. Very Florida....

David
    David Farkas
    Leica Store Miami

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Hmmm --- is that a halo I see around the bug's antennae?
    Yes, but the good new is there is no CA in the highlights of the water droplets.

Seriousy, you have a good eye Jack. The odd thing is that I don't see halo anywhere else in that image.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

David, I like these photos. Based on the crops shown on your blog, the Leica 35mm Summarit S looks very good. I am afraid to try it out in fear that I won't be able to hold out for the 30mm - 90mm zoom.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gowin View Post
    David, I like these photos. Based on the crops shown on your blog, the Leica 35mm Summarit S looks very good. I am afraid to try it out in fear that I won't be able to hold out for the 30mm - 90mm zoom.
    Thanks Mark. Don't worry... I won't try to tempt you. I know you want the 30-90.

But..... here are some shots with 100% crops, just in case.

The first one is handheld at 1/180th at f/3.4. The second on is indoors, tripod-mounted at 8 sec at f/11.
    David Farkas
    Leica Store Miami

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

David, the night/twilight shot is gorgeous!
    Jack

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gowin View Post
    Seriousy, you have a good eye Jack. The odd thing is that I don't see halo anywhere else in that image.
    I see it pretty clearly along his hind leg as well, then also as a dark line along the edges of the in-focus petals. If you look at the in-focus edges of the petals in the second photo they're pretty obvious as well, though in flora halos get camouflaged because we're not certain they don't look that way in real life. However to be fair, halos from a raw file aren't generally the camera's or lens' fault, rather somewhere in the chain the sharpening radius was too large or the amount was too high or both.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

... and then there is some serious moire in that seat cushion shot of David's.

KIDDING!
    Jack

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Dear Xpixel
    again a great eye! I am sure there will be the 'oversharpened' comments on the roses (and, they may be) but not the others
    really nailed the last one

Are you doing a 'fauna in flora' seiries? or do you you like these kinds of shots?

regards
    Victor
    Well Victor you can say whatever pleases you but the truth is it is all about controlling sharpness in different media and something that many need to learn. You have to realize this is a learning forum and people will critique and comment on images to try and help folks. If I see something out of whack I WILL bring it up regardless of WHO or WHAT shot it.

In this case as Jack and I have tested the S2 needs to be controlled in all the various software options we have tried. C1 it is really bad right at the default and LR3 beta I found lowering it down did a much better neutral job of bringing out the correct texture in the images and eliminate the chunky or clumpy look. Otherwise it looks too digital.

maybe you should consider a workshop and learn more about this. We have one in October geared at raw processing.

As you see Jack see's this as well as i do.
    I see it pretty clearly along his hind leg as well, then also as a dark line along the edges of the in-focus petals. If you look at the in-focus edges of the petals in the second photo they're pretty obvious as well, though in flora halos get camouflaged because we're not certain they don't look that way in real life. However to be fair, halos from a raw file aren't generally the camera's or lens' fault, rather somewhere in the chain the sharpening radius was too large or the amount was too high or both.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

BTW I have not commented on a lot of images as of late as I have been very very busy with my family needs at the moment but seen some great stuff folks and i have to admit I am very jealous as i have not been able to get out and shoot for myself in awhile but only gigs. So please keep up the images love to browse them. Have fun
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you doing a 'fauna in flora' seiries? or do you you like these kinds of shots?
    Its fun to shoot such pictures... i like that...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by xpixel View Post
    Its fun to shoot such pictures... i like that...
    And I reallly enjoy looking at them. The one with bug in it is my favorite of yournlast set. Very nice colornand texture of the flowers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Senior Member Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    If they would have just built that farmhouse in the field behind it the scene would have been much better.
    Thanks for the kind comments, Jack and Ed. I guess I could move the farmhouse back easily enough in PS...but I have ethics! (Some, anyway.)

I have printed this shot with a good crop of the left and bottom, to get the farm in the "golden" spot, but critics seeing the print prefer this version - they say it introduces some tension.

I'll play with the file and see if I can improve it - as I said, "I might have processed it differently today".

Bill

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dfarkas View Post
    A few shots from my recent test around my neighborhood with the S2 and 35mm Summarit-S f/2.5. Very Florida....

David
    David, these are beautiful. I'm guessing that shot of the Diplomat hotel is from your balcony... nice view you've got there. Love the colors in that twilight shot too. Looks like that new 35mm lens might be a keeper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Some watch shots...done primarily with 52mm extension tube on H3D-39 with HC2.8/80.

This is the World Premiere of the MB&F HM4, first non-press kit photographs to be released.

Shot on location in a restaurant, no touchups.

More pictures on my blog:

http://peter-chong.blogspot.com/2010...l-machine.html

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

A quick shakedown of the new "503CWD" (CFV added to 503CW) in the garden did not disappoint. Nothing fancy - just trying different lenses, extension tubes, ISOs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nice images, looks like you have the 'CWD singing for you!
    Jack

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice images, looks like you have the 'CWD singing for you!
    Thanks, Jack! I'm tickled pink! A much better choice than a 5D Mark II, IMO.

Shelby Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Double Negative View Post
    A quick shakedown of the new "503CWD" (CFV added to 503CW) in the garden did not disappoint. Nothing fancy - just trying different lenses, extension tubes, ISOs.
    nice stuff

Which CFD? I can't get rid of my 5dii's (wedding work)... but I'm looking at several of the more "affordable" MF solutions for this fall (including the 16mp backs)... and I've seen some prints and files lately from the old 16mp CFD backs that look REALLY nice. makes me wonder about all these megapixels!

Thanks for posting (and please don't tell me it's a CFV-39 )!

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Some fine art style nudes .....

Dear all;

I recently got my hands on an AFDII, 80mm, 55-110 zoom, and a ZD back.

The link below takes you to my first studio shoot. The first three images are from the D300 + Tamron 28-75 2.8. I have done many of this style shoots with this kit, and know the images well.

The ADFII did a fine job of shooting, for a whole suite of reason, I tried my first shoot in a workshop setting rather than a private shoot, and that defined what I could and could not do with the lighting. Suffice it to say that I had very little to no control of the lighting in these images. The posing with respect to the lighting is all mine however.

As you will note, there are no pictures in this thread, that is because none of them would really be work safe. If you click on the link below, you will see pictures of Naked Models, if you don't want to do that, don't click on the link. If the country where you are viewing these images from frowns on the kinds of images, don't click .....

http://www.private.jonesii.net/2010_...llen/index.htm

The user is Guest ( yes, that is a capital G, and it matters )
    The pass is Matrix.

I will start a separate thread about my feelings of the system as well.

As usual, C&C welcome.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Some fine art style nudes .....

doesn't seem to work Dave...

Quote Originally Posted by djonesii View Post
    Dear all;

I recently got my hands on an AFDII, 80mm, 55-110 zoom, and a ZD back.

The link below takes you to my first studio shoot. The first three images are from the D300 + Tamron 28-75 2.8. I have done many of this style shoots with this kit, and know the images well.

The ADFII did a fine job of shooting, for a whole suite of reason, I tried my first shoot in a workshop setting rather than a private shoot, and that defined what I could and could not do with the lighting. Suffice it to say that I had very little to no control of the lighting in these images. The posing with respect to the lighting is all mine however.

As you will note, there are no pictures in this thread, that is because none of them would really be work safe. If you click on the link below, you will see pictures of Naked Models, if you don't want to do that, don't click on the link. If the country where you are viewing these images from frowns on the kinds of images, don't click .....

http://www.private.jonesii.net/2010_...llen/index.htm

The user is Guest ( yes, that is a capital G, and it matters )
    The pass is Matrix.

I will start a separate thread about my feelings of the system as well.

As usual, C&C welcome.

Dave

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Lewis View Post
    nice stuff

Which CFD? I can't get rid of my 5dii's (wedding work)... but I'm looking at several of the more "affordable" MF solutions for this fall (including the 16mp backs)... and I've seen some prints and files lately from the old 16mp CFD backs that look REALLY nice. makes me wonder about all these megapixels!

Thanks for posting (and please don't tell me it's a CFV-39 )!
    Thank you!

It's from the first version CFV (16MP). I almost went for the CFV39 but it's still a bit pricey and I really don't need the MPs (he says now). It took me a year to bite the bullet and get one - which came up rather suddenly of late. I finally couldn't say "no." It's "only" 16MP but MAN... Reminds me of my Canon D30 - it too was "only" 3MP, but had a similar 9 photosite. So called "fat pixels" are sweet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I loved the big fat 9 micron pixels. Lots of punch from them
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some fine art style nudes .....

Quote Originally Posted by P. Chong View Post
    doesn't seem to work Dave...
    sorry Guest/matrix

not Matrix.

Dave

Shelby Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Double Negative View Post
    It's "only" 16MP but MAN... Reminds me of my Canon D30 - it too was "only" 3MP, but had a similar 9 photosite. So called "fat pixels" are sweet.
    Great to hear... funny you say that about the big pixels. There's still something special about all my old nikon d100 and canon 10D files that I think come from a similar stance. I'd love a 6mp dslr with modern sensor tech!

I think your shots also appeal to the zeiss lover in me... this one, especially, has "the look"! Nice capture and color... the subject just emerges from the background so crisply... and then disappears just as nicely.

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Lewis View Post
    Great to hear... funny you say that about the big pixels. There's still something special about all my old nikon d100 and canon 10D files that I think come from a similar stance. I'd love a 6mp dslr with modern sensor tech!

I think your shots also appeal to the zeiss lover in me... this one, especially, has "the look"! Nice capture and color... the subject just emerges from the background so crisply... and then disappears just as nicely.
    They say, "there's no replacement... for displacement" when talking about beefy motors. I think it applies to pixels too.

Heh, thanks! I'm a self-admitted Zeiss whore. I love the CF lenses as well as the ZMs. The performance and character of Zeiss glass - like you said, the transition and "pop" is unique.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Becky .... office safe

I have used the blown Highlight indicator, and the forehead does not seem blown in editor, could be exaggerated a bit web sized jpeg ....

The rest of the office safe set is at

http://www.private.jonesii.net/2010%...afe/index.html

Post Thanks / Like

No medium format for me yet. But I'm selling my D3X and should have one within the next couple weeks
    Here are some shots I did a few weeks ago. First time doing implied nude with a model. Hope its OK to post here. Just wish I had my medium format already

Last edited by shortpballer; 10th July 2010 at 22:19.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice shots bud, very nice model too!
    www.williamophuis.com

Hassy H4D-40.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Will Ophuis View Post
    Very nice shots bud, very nice model too!
    Thank You sir Haven't been shooting for even a year yet, but willing to do anything and everything to make it in this tough industry!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

H3d plus HC 150. Still waiting on my H4d 60!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Friday's Post: H3d _ HC 35-90 @90.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Saturday's post. H3d 39 + hc 35-90mm @60 mm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sunday's post to my daily photo blog. H3d 39 + HC 28 + HTS 1.5. Tilt used to obtain selective focus.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice shots Woody, how do you find the 35-90mm?
    www.williamophuis.com

Hassy H4D-40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Woody, looks like you're enjoying the 35-90 -- I'm jealous and wish Phase had a comparable zoom! (Heck, I wouldn't mind an HTS either!)
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That is nice, it is really difficult to choose between 35-90 as a new lens and the other old lens 50-110, i want that 50-110 for longer zoom and for a bit wider fstop, and because 35-90 is so expensive more than 50-110, the results will be all great from any lens.
    Nice shots though, wish to have that HTS adapter.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nice shots Woody, how do you find the 35-90mm?
    I like it a lot. It's big and heavy, but it balances reasonably well so I have no trouble handholding. For me it's an ideal focal length range - it covers 70% of my needs. In terms of performance it's outstanding at all focal lengths - some people say that it's better than H's prime medium wides. I haven't reviewed my brick wall testing of it for a while but in practice it produces beautiful files with great presence, local contrast and "3-dimensionality". Processed with Phocus no vignetting, no CA, no linear distortion - basically no problem. I shoot wide open all of the time with no problem. Mechanically very solid. Bokeh is smooth in most situations (more accurately I haven't been bothered by it in any situation) but I haven't done exhaustive testing of this - good Bokeh is a real accomplishment in a lens that's this highly corrected and this complex.

I bought it in preference to the 50-110 because I'm basically a wide shooter (my next most used lens is the HC 28) and there have been reports of quality control issues with the 50-110.

For me very much worth the money. When I need to limit myself to one lens this is it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Woody, looks like you're enjoying the 35-90 -- I'm jealous and wish Phase had a comparable zoom! (Heck, I wouldn't mind an HTS either!)
    Jack - When I reviewed the Phase One vs. Hasselblad choice late last year this lens and the HTS were significant factors in my choice. On the other hand you Phase One shooters actually have had a 60 meg camera for some time. Oh well . . . .

Regards,

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hey, Woody:

do you find your H is a dust magnet? i have to clean my sensor way too frequently. I can clean before every outing and still get several blobs. I see a dust blob on one of your shots btw. an advantage of the zoom is you don't have to switch lenses so often, mitigating dust entry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    Hey, Woody:

do you find your H is a dust magnet? i have to clean my sensor way too frequently. I can clean before every outing and still get several blobs. I see a dust blob on one of your shots btw. an advantage of the zoom is you don't have to switch lenses so often, mitigating dust entry.

John - Yup . . . dust magnet. The upside is that you can take it apart to get at the sensor. The downside is that you have to take the prism off to do it so you can't really clean it in the field. I actually spotted these files - I don't know how I missed the one you caught - it's a monster.

Good hearing from you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I really don't know how to clean my H3D sensor, any link to show how?
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Cool Re: Fun with MF images

Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Woody, I love the fern fronds, superb image. I long for a 35-90 - one day . . .

Image below is a 5 shot pano with the H2, P20 and 80mm lens. I did crop a fair bit from the right hand side though so it is probably more of a 4 shot stitch. Looking south east over the Tweed Valley from Terranora, NSW
    f8, 1/80, ISO 50. There is a larger size and another individual frame from the day on my Flickr.

Odille

H2 | P20 | HC 50-110 | HC 150 f3.2 | HC 210 f4 ~ My Website

Senior Member Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nice, Odille. Bet it looks mighty impressive as a large print...
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Just got my P30+ setup for a while. I am very happy with smooth skin tones form the back. This is my 3 year old kid.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice shots Tareq, is that your house? looks awesome.
    www.williamophuis.com

Hassy H4D-40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nice shots Tareq, is that your house? looks awesome.
    Thank you very much!
    Yes, this is my house [parents], was bored that day and one film went bad because a silly dump mistake so i didn't find something else to shoot again rather than indoor, so the second film was fine and the camera also good, just one film lost by my bad mistake.
    I had some shots of models in this house once prior to move there, and one of my daughters after we moved, by digital and film.
    Tareq