The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

I'm still in love with the Phamiya 28 mm, which I have decided is best used at f16. For you pixel-peepers I've included a 100% crop of the extreme lower right corner.
Bill that's pretty amazing and better than mine I think though that does depend on where you focussed... do you recall?

Best

Tim

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Bill that's pretty amazing and better than mine I think though that does depend on where you focussed... do you recall?

Best

Tim
I'm pretty sure it was autofocus at the exact centre of the image.

I should add that the Sharpness Falloff setting in C1 is very powerful and I forgot to mention that I used it just a little in this image.

Bill

D

ddk

If only my model looked like yours Graham...

Kodak 645C/Contax 645/Contax 120mm

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

David and Graham,

I like them all! Awesome make up Graham. David, if your model had a smoldering cigarette in her hand, shots #2 and #3 would be perfect "film noir" fodder :thumbs:

evgeny

Graham, to be honest, I think the second model looks like a piece of plastic :D

David, awesome, the eyes are stunning!

Here is my recent image, Contax 645 with 45-90mm and Leaf 65.
I shot this at birthday, with a Nikon 800 flash mounted on the camera, then converted to B&W in PS4 to add a mood.

Graham Mitchell

Graham, to be honest, I think the second model looks like a piece of plastic :D
In a good way or a bad way? :D
Seriously, I welcome constructive feedback. The full res file looks good and sometimes skin loses all texture when reduced for the web. Here's a crop from the file:

Uaiomex

For Graham:
I celebrate your work. It is really good.I need some info on the 54LV back. You seem to be well versed on Sinar backs.
Do you encounter moire often on fabrics with this back? If so, how do you deal with it?
Is the Live View feature done in the back or you need to be tethered to a computer?
In your opinion, how well it would work with a 500CM?
Have you used your back with movements? Color casts?

Since this back has inexpensive adapters for different platforms, I'm considering it to fit my Hasselblad for the time being. Later on, I would add a Hy6 with one lens and so on. Step by step. I love the skin color in your photographs.
Thanks in advance Graham for your time.
Eduardo

Uaiomex

Where can I buy a copy of this doll? :ROTFL:
Seriously, that look could be from the too dark makeup, don't know.

Seriously, I welcome constructive feedback. The full res file looks good and sometimes skin loses all texture when reduced for the web. Here's a crop from the file:

Graham Mitchell

Do you encounter moire often on fabrics with this back?
Only on about 2 shoots in 2 years, so it CAN happen and if you shoot a lot of fabrics in perfect focus, you could experience it a lot more than I do. This is an issue for all 22 MP backs in particular.

If so, how do you deal with it?
I usually airbrush the colour in 'colour' mode, leaving the pattern of the fabric intact.

Is the Live View feature done in the back or you need to be tethered to a computer?
It only works on the tethered computer.

In your opinion, how well it would work with a 500CM?
It wouldn't be much different to the setup I have now - i.e. connection by sync cable only. It's not perfect but it works. If anything, the 500CM will be more of a pleasure to use without having to swap film backs every 12 frames.

Have you used your back with movements? Color casts?
Only briefly playing with a view camera. These chips should be good for this type of use. Sorry I didn't look into it thoroughly enough to determine color casts. If you do get them, the Sinar software supports a white shading file (or whatever it's called) which undoes the cast. According to other users such as Rainer Viertblöck, it works well.

Since this back has inexpensive adapters for different platforms, I'm considering it to fit my Hasselblad for the time being. Later on, I would add a Hy6 with one lens and so on. Step by step. I love the skin color in your photographs.
I have a similar plan to upgrade to Hy6 in time. It's pretty easy to switch adapters. Good luck with it all!

D

ddk

Thank you Jack and Evegeny!

Evegeny, Nice conversion. I tried shooting my daughter's birthday with the same lens/camera/Leaf and a side mounted flash, I found the combo way too heavy and unbalanced for any serious shooting in fast moving environment like a party, how was your experience?

evgeny

Thank you Jack and Evegeny!

Evegeny, Nice conversion. I tried shooting my daughter's birthday with the same lens/camera/Leaf and a side mounted flash, I found the combo way too heavy and unbalanced for any serious shooting in fast moving environment like a party, how was your experience?
David, my experience is the same, this lens is very heavy and eats battery faster than other Contax AF lenses (I don't have super-tele).

I think zoom lens is very useful for events when situations change quickly and no time allowed to change focal lengths. In studio I use it on a tripod.

evgeny

Graham, I like your images. I loss texture when images resized for the web, too, but that is perfect skin, unbeliveable perfect :) :thumbup:

Don Libby

Took this in Canyon lands National Park, Moab the day after I went to False Kiva which is very close by.

Mamiya AFDII P30+ 28mm lens. Opened in C1 4.8 then finished the processing in CS4 this morning.

Found out that I should have my new lens for the Cambo RS1000 by the end of next week. Thank-you Chris!!!!!

Don

J

jmvdigital

Don, nice image, but I find the halo at the horizon bothersome. Just my $0.02.

These were shot on the same day at the Winter Wheat images I posted a few days ago.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Nice images, Don and Justin. I particularly like the simple vibe you have going Justin, with your muted colors and simple subjects.

Kurt

J

jmvdigital

Industrial Observations Within the Western Landscape, a new series I've been working on. A new style for me, both in subject and processing. Let me know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.