The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

jerome, very nice composition and processing on the flower!

D

ddk

I think I finally have a colour version I prefer to the b&w version. Your thoughts?

Sorry, not by a long shot! The color and the processing kill the beauty and the youth of the model (imo). Somehow it changed character now it looks like a snapshot instead of a casual portrait, other things like the hair and the background, top left corner are annoying in this version too.

The success of your first freckled portrait was its natural look, maybe if you did the same here...

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Graham,

I happen to like both the color and B&W equally, but agree they have a very different "feeling." My only nit is in the color version, the bright white RH side is more distracting...

Don Libby

Thanks to Chris my 24 and 120 lens were both delivered yesterday

This is the result of the initial testing of the 24 w/center filter. Opened first in C1 then finished in CS4.

I hope to post examples of the 24 vs. 35 vs. 72 vs. 120 lens shortly.

Don

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Looks like somebody's going to be having some fun :D

Don Libby

The following images were all shot this morning using my Cambo RS1000. The images were either f/11 or f/8. I kept the camera in place while I changed lens. No post processing other than LLC have been made (with the exception of the 120 as I failed to get a LLC).

I did this exercise mainly so I could see the differences in the lens. One of the little things I found out today is that I really can't shift the 24mm any more than 5mm.

24mm:

35mm:

72mm:

120mm:

That's all for today!

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.