The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

One from the North Shore of Lake Superior this evening. P45+ AFDIII, 55 mm. Not very photogenic weather - cloudless and hot, 28C, which is great for mosquitoes!
Bill
Bill I really like this image. Too bad the weather did not cooperate. I was in MN a couple weeks ago and had some nice weather but was shooting bears in Orr.

How far up the coast was this?

steflaurent974

Very refreshing images and its good to here that you hiked all the way.
I am interested in a tech camera (Artec) as well and allways wondered if one really brings such a camera+tripod to those wonderfull places (where you cant get with a car)
You have to train yourself, because unfortunately these cameras are really heavy.
It's important to have the good bag too : difficult to findas it must take your camel bag for water, your gore-tex in case of bad weather, food, camera, tripod, ...and the bags are heavy too.
But one thing is sure : I were in places where I would have regret not to have my photo gear.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Thanks bud , I agree i like this one a lot. Folks wondered why I stopped the car. LOL

carstenw

You had time to stop the car before that light left the rock? Amazing. Or did you wait for it to hit? Gorgeous shot.

Guy Mancuso

I waited for it but did enhance it some. Terry was standing right next to me and i said wait, wait and than shoot. LOL

Guy Mancuso

One word Guy

Stunning!

Okay more

Outstanding!

Okay more

Wish I had been there with ya!

I agree with Jack - Print large!

Don

I knew you would like that . Next trip go past the road to the park until you hit the hill

Thanks folks walking away with 2 good images from the trip is a great batting average. I felt this one, love that feeling when you know you nailed it.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Guy,
I love that aerial perspective (stuff gets bluer as it gets farther away)
-bob

carstenw

Really nice, and I feel the connection to the previous 2 series. I especially like the last two.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Justin:

Have you considered looking at the above series in B&W? I pulled a few of them in and converted them, and with some work I think would make a more powerful series. I even faded the B&W layer to around 70% which rendered a old Polaroid look I found intriguing for this subject matter.

My .02 only,

Paratom

You have to train yourself, because unfortunately these cameras are really heavy.
It's important to have the good bag too : difficult to findas it must take your camel bag for water, your gore-tex in case of bad weather, food, camera, tripod, ...and the bags are heavy too.
But one thing is sure : I were in places where I would have regret not to have my photo gear.
I believe you and feel the same way - after seing your images I got very confident that I will cary that MF stuff up some mountains.

Don Libby

I am interested in a tech camera (Artec) as well and allways wondered if one really brings such a camera+tripod to those wonderfull places (where you cant get with a car)
Now that I'm shooting exclusively with the WRS-1000 I've found a combination of a pelican case and backpack a perfect fit. The camera and lens fit well in the pelican and filters and miscellaneous filters, step rings and other stuff in the backpack. Simple to place the camera and a couple lens in the backpack and off I go. I don't take all my lens but only those that will fit into the general geographic landscape. All told total weight isn't more than 30-40 pounds including tripod and water, lots and lots of water.

So the short answer is yes, it can be done.

Don

Don Libby

Justin - I like the series very industrial/agricultural. Tones and colors are very good.

I also wonder what some might look like in black & white with a touch of IR.

Just a thought.

Don

I think the last 3 catch my eye the most...

Status
Not open for further replies.