The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerome

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

"Fashion victim"

Rollei 6008AF, 180mm f2.8 lens, Sinar eMotion54LV digital back. (Work in progress).
I really want to know the making off of this photo now ! A real and wild animal you killed on purpose, a real girl, a kind of amazon who damn need to be feed ?

So good :)

gogopix

Subscriber

I use a action that Jack made for the forum which you can get for a very small fee and helps the forum maintenance but you could do a save for web. ...grass.
where is it available?

I need something to go from a C1 336MP prophoto 16 bit files to web.maybe 1500-2500 pixel width range (is action adjustable?)

would be happy to contribute.
How?
regards
Victor

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Heater seems to be working. LOL

Only 109 yesterday. Feel like I live in a easy bake oven

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Gary, that's a great image of one of my favorite areas (Alaska and YT) in the world! Well done! It looks as empty and pristine as it is.
Bill

bensonga

Gary, that's a great image of one of my favorite areas (Alaska and YT) in the world! Well done! It looks as empty and pristine as it is.
Bill
Bill,

Thanks for the note. I often wish I was living back in Arizona, the land of the stunningly beautiful and arid landscapes. Have to remember there is beauty in my own back yard.....I just need to get out there and see it more often.

Gary

Stuart Richardson

Hahaha, thanks Graham. I was just teasing of course, but for whatever reason I have become pretty interested in the huge racks of drying fish outside town here. It is a really weird experience being out there, and I keep trying to find a way to convey that feeling.

There was something that was bugging me though...where did you shoot your image? I don't think there are many landscapes like that in Estonia...was it a composite? If so, you are really getting good at them--I cannot tell at all.

Kurt -- thanks very much. I am glad you liked them.
Gary -- Lovely photo. I think I know how you feel -- I lived in Santa Barbara for five years or so, and after awhile I sort of forgot about how beautiful it was there. Every single day was perfect weather, and you were always either a mile from the mountains or a mile from the Pacific...but you take it for granted. I can see it happening a bit to me here too, though I am not there yet. I think it is a fundamentally human response -- we make wherever we are familiar. The challenge is to be able to try to see it again as you did before.

tashley

Subscriber Member
A couple from Monday

Both shot at Lambeth Palace after a couple of exploratory visits and some time to set up. Having decided to work only with available light, naturally said light died away as a huge storm went over during the allocated twenty minutes and I was reduced to slow shutter and high ISO and wide aperture and yuk yuk yuk! There are a number of reflectors out of shot in the first shot, a crop from a P45+ frame taken on 80mm D lens on a Gitzo three series with the Cube. ISO 200 F5.6, 1/40th.

The second shot was handheld at ISO 640 on a Canon 5DII with 24-105L lens at 73mm F4 1/100th.

Got some tidying up to do but these look like being the final choices. We needed one portrait and one landscape, one formal and one more relaxed, all for press office use.

Thanks for all the advice people gave me when this project was first floated!

View attachment 19170

View attachment 19171

Last edited:

Don Libby

Tested converting IR to B&W using only C1

The first image was opened in C1 and 100% processed while the second image was processed using Bridge then onto CS4 to complete the processing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.