The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Very nice, Bill. Not the in-your-face grandeur of the southwest ... but as a Great Lakes state resident, you learn to appreciate the subtlety in color and terrain that have their own beauty.

Kurt

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Thank you Kurt. It's easier when your soul is buried somewhere in the Canadian Shield! The sheer vastness alone is inspiring.
Bill

Don Libby

I like the second one better, Don - tho' I'm usually a C1 fan!
Bill
I agree with you. I think it because I was able to use masks and really get into the IR look.

Still playing around and I'm begining to think this might not be the best image to play with. I've also read about doing a custom WB with the filter which is what I'll try next time.

Cheers

Don

Hmm, I feel like the IR effect diminishes the depth of the image. By equalizing tonalities between the foreground and background, it flattens it out. I'm votin' for the first, but maybe with a little darker sky. I love how much control we have over this stuff now, versus the wet darkroom!

-C

J

jmvdigital

Cow love... who said you can't shoot action with a MFDB? :D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Justin, not sure your trademark processing helps this series :ROTFL:.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

What a magical place Bill, where is it exactly?
It's just off the Trans-Canada Highway (17) a few miles west of Wawa, Ontario, on the way to White River.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. The 36 inch print blows me away with all that P45+ detail!

Bill

gogopix

Subscriber

Start of our trek was easy; Geneva. Here is a view from the tower
(ROOCC) right out of central casting!:)

I used Jack's P45 for 1200 web action

second is a crop

Nice to have MM (Mucho-Megapixels)

Victor

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber

well, I tried to up a load a MERE 2MB file (ok, so was a 7000x2000 pixel pano :ROTFL:

failed

i've gotta see if I can get a link to the file
nothing special, but 1200 long pano's are bad for my 67 YO eyes!:eek:

Victor

PS
Tried 1900 seems to work but lots of loss (this is a stich of 7 366MP files!) reduced to under 500kB

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Victor -- you can attach 1200 TALL x 2000 WIDE images max. You can upload anything larger to your gallery and link to it ;)

PS: Looks like the sizing actions are working well for you! (Note, the P45 set is for any 30MP and higher file, the other set is better for files less than 30 MP.)

gogopix

Subscriber

Victor -- you can attach 1200 TALL x 2000 WIDE images max. You can upload anything larger to your gallery and link to it ;)
yup
got it
reduced to 1900 wide and worked

BTW, have you considered adding 2000 to your action? would help in situations like this
Thx and regards
Victor

Don Libby

Goofing off and decided to work this image up from our last trip to Monument Valley - not too sure if it's done yet but wanted to share two versions. Taken with Cambo WRS-1000, P45+ and 72mm lens two-image merged to 10448 by 3671 pixels.

Don

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Don, I prefer the color version but have you thought of cropping out the road? Which would also eliminate the horizon cutting the pic in half? Or am I (a) trying to impose my style on you (bad!!) or (2) being unnecessarily traditional?

Great pic either way!

Bill

Don Libby

Don, I prefer the color version but have you thought of cropping out the road? Which would also eliminate the horizon cutting the pic in half? Or am I (a) trying to impose my style on you (bad!!) or (2) being unnecessarily traditional?

Great pic either way!

Bill
No worries Bill

I don't like the B&W either and the more I look at the color the more I think it sucks. There I said it! The original colors looked a heck of a lot better than what is being displayed.

As to the road - well I kind of like it. It adds a bit of mystery to the image. Where could I travel if I took the road?

This was an exercise this afternoon while waiting for a backup to be done and since I didn't feel like watching TV I decided instead to do a go at this image just for kicks and giggles. Definitely not one of my better attempts

Don

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Not for Don's benefit per say . BUT you learn nothing if you don't experiment and frankly one of the best ways to learn to be a shooter.

Don not liking it either but let me add i like when I see folks post stuff that may not even be there best , we all learn from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.