The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Libby

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

So what do you do when it's 105 outside and you're hot (and you just saw Eleanor's beautiful cooling river image)? Go to the winter of 08 folder and revisit the South Rim. The images were all taken with the WRS, P45+ and 35mm lens. One image is 3 layered and processed using Helicon Focus the other is a 2-image shot merged using CS4. I've cooled down now!

Don

Thanks Eleanor for the inspiration to stop the perspiration :ROTFL:

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

I actually pulled the above image into CS and converted it to B&W and sepia -- like all versions!

eleanorbrown

Don, I take all the cool images I can up here since I live in Houston half the year! I'll bet Tucson's heat (minus the humidity!).... is better than Houston's heat!! Here in Colorado (9300 feet and up) we actually don't need any AC!

Nice image of winter storm by the way. love the foggy soft light. Helicon Focus can really do a good job...I use it from time to time.....eleanor

So what do you do when it's 105 outside and you're hot (and you just saw Eleanor's beautiful cooling river image)? Go to the winter of 08 folder and revisit the South Rim. The images were all taken with the WRS, P45+ and 35mm lens. One image is 3 layered and processed using Helicon Focus the other is a 2-image shot merged using CS4. I've cooled down now!

Don

Thanks Eleanor for the inspiration to stop the perspiration :ROTFL:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

So are you going to share?
Heck no -- they're YOUR images!!! I only mentioned it so you could check it out for your self ;)

(Actually, the real truth is they would look a LOT better starting with the raw file!)

Cheers,

eleanorbrown

River across the road from my our house......Experimenting with longer exposures with the 65+. This one was a little over 30 seconds....maybe 32 sec. or so. Was almost night but some light left especially on the water. Because of the long exposure many of the leaves were slightly blurred, so I darkened and blurred the edges even more Holga style. (the weather was nice and cool at 9300 feet BTW!) iso 100, H2, P65+, 100 2.2 HC lens. Eleanor

Last edited:

Don Libby

Heck no -- they're YOUR images!!! I only mentioned it so you could check it out for your self ;)

(Actually, the real truth is they would look a LOT better starting with the raw file!)

Cheers,
Jack - anytime you want to show me how my images can be better please by all means! You just can't tease me then leave me hanging :ROTFL::wtf:

:D

Don Libby

I've been playing with IR today in between finishing up a job.

Cambo WRS1000, P45+, Schneider 120mm, f/11 10 sec. custom white balance.

Don

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Bill,

Anytime you want to sell that 28, I will take it!

:D,

S

Shelby Lewis

Holy cow Don and Eleanor... fantastic stuff. I'm just gobsmacked by the tonal range and sharpness you guys get from these cameras.

Thanks for sharin' :thumbup:

Don Libby

Holy cow Don and Eleanor... fantastic stuff. I'm just gobsmacked by the tonal range and sharpness you guys get from these cameras.

Thanks for sharin' :thumbup:
Not sure if I'm the right Don however if I am thank you!

If not I'll thank you anyway :angel:

Don

Last edited:

Frank Doorhof

Hi,
Thanks.
Middle of the day with an Elinchrom Ranger RX speed and the Elinchrom maxispot on full power.

A

apneaimages

Windy day in Sweden P30 available Light

Status
Not open for further replies.