The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Ed,

Are those taken with the Arsat 30 or the Mamiya 24 fish? Very nice compositions both.
First image of antelope was taken with 55-100mm.

I have the Mamiya 24mm which is a surprisingly good lens considering it hasn't been produced for a while. The corners are surprisingly sharp. It will be interesting to see how it stands up to the P65+.

Center and lower right corner 100% crops (same sharpening in center and corner):

etrump

Frank,

Fantastic images especially the first 3.

Did you use gels on the flash in #1 background or is that magenta from the sky?

Would love to see the detail around the model in #3 to check out those raindrops.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

I have the Mamiya 24mm which is a surprisingly good lens considering it hasn't been produced for a while. The corners are surprisingly sharp. It will be interesting to see how it stands up to the P65+.

Center and lower right corner 100% crops (same sharpening in center and corner):
Would not mind having the 24mm myself even though I have the 28mm

eleanorbrown

Frank, these fashion images really appeal to me from an artistic somewhat abstract viewpoint....the setting is really wonderful and creative, colors and tones are well thought out, lovely model with "real" fashion. Very very well done...enjoyable to view. Eleanor

A few to share

Don Libby

Ed - I don't think I've ever seen a slot canyon shot like the first image! Very interesting concept - I like it:thumbs:

Don

btw - what is the printed size for that?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

I had the 24 and sold it, but it was very sharp across the frame with my P45+. I just didn't ever use it, or never had it in the bag for the few occasions I could have used it.

I thought i was the only one that still shot with the 55-110 alongside the 75-150! :ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Frank quick question are you drawing from the Quadras here or the Rangers. Just wondering about the power level

Frank Doorhof

Hi,
Part quadra part Ranger.
I'm using 2 Quadras and two RX speeds.
With the workshops (this was shot during one of the workshops) I try to mix them to show people what both can do, so the quadras are often used as accent lights.

On these shots gels were used indeed, we don't have that kind of skies over here :D

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Frank exactly what I was thinking you where doing. Looks good BTW

These Quadras have a real need for me as well . Like accent lights with the Rangers than as just a separate very portable solution for other needs like fill and such. I have very bright skies. LOL

Guy Mancuso

Sometimes i would kill for cloudy dull days. It's tough shooting here most times outdoors

D

David A

Hi Frank
I've been following your scrap yard shots on your site and they are great.

My question is, how do you get to be able to shoot in a scrap yard, over here in the UK if it was sugested Health & Saftey would have a heart attack!! "You want to do what!!! a photo shoot in a scrap yard!!! think of all the accidents that could happen!! no way" borrrrring, they are just full of colour shapes shadows and so much more, every object could tell a different story.

David

T

tetsrfun

Ed - I don't think I've ever seen a slot canyon shot like the first image! Very interesting concept - I like it:thumbs:

Don

btw - what is the printed size for that?
I haven't either...It's a great look!!!

Steve

Guy Mancuso

Still deciding between this and another version...

She maybe a little to hot looking( light that is). That missing right leg is bugging me does the other have just a piece of it showing somewhere on the floor. Looks cut off

Status
Not open for further replies.