The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmvdigital

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Corrugated 2 - A new image added to my Industrial Observations Within the Western Landscape series.

Graham Mitchell

Nice mood, Justin.

Just having fun with my new 110mm f2 lens here. Long exposures using ambient light.

Last edited:

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Another from Georgian Bay, using the 28 mm and Helicon Focus. The little jpeg won't show the lovely detail of the lichen but it's quite impressive in print.

Unfortunately I had to settle for the very flat light as there were too many trees around to wait for the sun to lower.

Bill
View attachment 21229

Last edited:
T

tetsrfun

Sedona...Hassy 50mm CFV

Last edited:
T

tetsrfun

Sedona..Hassy 50mm..CFV

Last edited:
T

tetsrfun

Common DV shot....38mm Biogon CFV Helicon

Last edited:

Don Libby

Common DV shot....38mm Biogon CFV Helicon
Ya just have to love the Racetrack at Death Valley. I think I took that very same rock a couple years ago and it doesn't look like it's moved too much. The Racetrack should be on everyone's schedule if going to Death Valley - just beware of the road lading out to it...

Don

T

tetsrfun

Another photographic "war-horse"....(playing with the DOF, 38mm Biogon)

Steve

Last edited:
J

jmvdigital

Shot these two having a rooftop jam session in Fort Collins.

D

ddk

The first one is pretty interesting Graham, I don't know if it was intentional but I like the connection created between the two generations through the leopard print outfits, very cool.

Just having fun with my new 110mm f2 lens here. Long exposures using ambient light.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Yes, the sky has lost the blotchiness now. I guess I'd lower the brightness a bit but perhaps I'm too biased by what I remember of Yosemite - and memories can be very capricious!
Anyway, I like the composition and I trust the dof is as you wanted? Can't tell in a small jpeg. (I use Helicon for these static shots.)

Bill

T

tetsrfun

Thanks for the suggestions....on "click" of the small jpeg is a 1240 x 1240 but it isn't much help either.

Steve

Qamaro

Well its finally my turn to post on this thread as I joined the ranks of MF shooters having fun (thanks Kurt!). I had the chance this weekend to really shoot with my AFDIII / P45+ both tethered (in studio) and to CF (on location), versus just performing test images.

The first thing I'll say is that once you get used to it there is no need to worry about slowing down to keep the flow of shooting, now its not 35mm DSLR speeds but very easy to get used to. I also liked the fact that the P45+ liked my CF cards (16GB RIDATA UDMA) and never slowed down. I also was quite impressed with ISO 400 on this puppy it looked lovely, the grain was fine by me. So, enough of me making you guys yawn with my "newbie" observations here are some photos from this weekend.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.