The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Son - Wonderful! And what a nice lesson from you evaluating your work and taking the time to really try to perfect the image to fit your idea.

Stef - Nice series. Were the panos done by rotating or shifting?

John - yes, location was on the boardwalk just north of the old fish market for that exposure (if I remember correctly). I walked from Fulton to north of the bridge, then back again and shot some at the seaport. I also shot from the Brooklyn side and on the pedestrian walkway. It is too crowded on the walkway so it is better territory for the M8 than the Phase, especially with a tripod because with all the runners and bikes the wood is constantly bouncing so it is not too stable. I am processing more today so I'll post some later.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Just for fun - one of the last MF images I took on film before turning (primarily) digital. Velvia 50, if you can't tell!

Last edited:

David K

Workshop Member

Imprisoned Series
Kodak Pro 645M Back + Mamiya 645 AFD + 1.9/80
Dr. Laurent, great series of excellent works!

In order to merge the F2 and F16 strengths, I went back to the scene again last evening. This time I took the Planar HFT 2.0/110 PQ and a 9mm extension tube to create the looks. Here is the result at F5.6 as predicted:
Son, I think you nailed it with this last shot. Nice work and your dedication to getting the shot is inspirational.

David K

Workshop Member

Dr. Laurent, beautiful captures, they bring back fond memories.

Charlie, love the bridge shots and the black and white treatment is perfect I think.

Bill, wow, just wow.

David, enjoy seeing you expand your creativity. Nothing run of the mill about these.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

there is no need to straighten vertical lines because they are ... so these old building are really not straight, that is one of the fun of the town !!!:ROTFL:

Makes sense...I had difficulty deciding to post as it seemed that the verical lines of the most outside buildings were divergent at top but upon closer inspection the lines throughout are fairly haphazard.

Thanks for the clarification.

Bob

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Rainy week here so I have been working at profiling a few cameras....

After the previous pictures I am almost (not quite) too embarrassed to post the following.

Hasselblad H3DII with HC80 and 1.7

Bob

Last edited:

etrump

Alaska

Just got back from first trip to Alaska. Wow!

McKinley: P1 645 @150mm P65+ with a touch of velvia vision for light.

evgeny

Contax 645 with Aptus 65

PS: I just noticed that the attached images look weird after getdip auto-resize (800px wide), such the lines of the body are not stright, which is clearly visible on the legs, please compare to the same images (900px wide) in the getdpi gallery. What to do to the images to improve the lines after auto-resize. Thanks :)

http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=5875&catid=member&imageuser=692

http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=5875&catid=member&imageuser=692

Last edited:

etrump

Lovely shot, Ed, there's a nice little edge of mystery with the peak being cloud covered.
Wish I had taken it!
Bill
Thanks Bill. I was thankful to see that much of the peak. The two weeks prior to that shot was overcast down to 100 feet. The next day I had to leave so I squeaked in under the wire.

Drove the Denali Highway from the park over to Valdez. Got these along with three flat tires!

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

More great stuff, Ed! You seemed to be quite high up when taking these...?
I ask because I use the roof of my truck camper for an extra 12 feet elevation...is that what you're doing?
Bill

steflaurent974

Ed, those panos are really superb, great location, colors, the depth in the landscape in a word WOW.
Where is this beautiful place ?

etrump

I was standing by the side of the road for both of these. Taken along the Denali Hwy which runs along the south end of the Sitka River Valley. This stretch was elevated for probably 40 miles. I believe the Sitka river and glacier is what you see in the background of the left pano. The view along this road is incredible; you could spend two weeks and still not be ready to move on. At the western end of the highway you can see Mt. McKinley, on the eastern end the peaks of Wrangell NP. Very cool indeed.

The bright red covering everything is wild blueberries which the grizzlies feed on until snow falls. When you hike you have plenty to eat as well as company to keep you from getting lonely. :ROTFL:

Locals said it colors up like this for about a week each year. Normally I'm not that lucky. This was the first clear air day in about two weeks, obviously it was a good day! :D

dougpeterson

Workshop Member

The wedding of my good friend.

Phase one P45+
Hassy 100 mm @ f/2.2
Hasselblad H2 Body
Capture One 4.8.2 Processing (incl. b+w conversion)
Photoshop for Retouching and slight diffusion glow

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe

Last edited:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member

Preparing for my book I placed an online vote at my website for a variety of new bodyscapes that I'm considering.

Phase One P45+
Capture One 4.8.2 processing (including b+w conversion)
Photoshop for touch ups
Hasselblad H2 with HC120mm Lens

More at my website.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

I'm all over 26 as your best composition. Also love the car in the wedding series and I also like the first one in that series.

Status
Not open for further replies.