The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

David K

Workshop Member
Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Finishing up a shoot today and this beauty pulled up. 1957 Lincoln... they don't make them like this any more.

Uaiomex

Guy: If I can recall well, you sold your P25+ for a P30+. What is your experience doing this change? Weren't you bothered by the smaller groundglass image? Or by the bigger lens image cutoff? What do you find better in the P30? Is really better image quality to have a smaller sensor with more pixels than having a bigger sensor with less pixles?
Well, sorry for so many questions
TIa
Eduardo

3 shot Pano stitch P30+ with 80mm D lens. Northern California. More images from the workshop http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11087

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Doc,

I really like the second train shot in your first train post -- lots of detail, dramatic sky and leading lines of the cars and even teh telephone wires add interest.

G

gdwhalen

Nice one GD - tried it with any extension tubes yet?
Peter, not yet. Wanting to learn the feel and limits of the 120 first. I will go the extension path after I have worked it out on it's own for awhile. I love the feel of the manual focus on the 120. Very smooth. The autofocus is good too but I manual focus 90% of my macro stuff.

G

gdwhalen

I shot this with the HC 150. H3d-50. Profot 7b-2 battery pack with Profoto zoom reflector.

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

A few from Oregon with the P45+,

28mm:

75-150 zoom at 150mm:

45mm:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Doc,

I really like the second train shot in your first train post -- lots of detail, dramatic sky and leading lines of the cars and even teh telephone wires add interest.
Jack,

I agree that this was the best of the lot...need to process it with Phocus to see if I can tweak the contrast a bit more. It is amazing that you can shoot the same subject a bunch of times and when the light is right it makes such a difference.

I cannot begin to comment on the Oregon Workshop pictures...too many outstanding captures. Looks like you had a great success again.

Bob.

docmoore

I shot this with the HC 150. H3d-50. Profot 7b-2 battery pack with Profoto zoom reflector.
Gary,

The HC 150 gets such short shrift in the line but here you have made such a gorgeous capture. What wonderful framing, and you nailed that moment between anticipation and explosive return.

Profoto light is amazing. Should be standard on every H3DII...:ROTFL:

Bob

G

gdwhalen

Gary,

The HC 150 gets such short shrift in the line but here you have made such a gorgeous capture. What wonderful framing, and you nailed that moment between anticipation and explosive return.

Profoto light is amazing. Should be standard on every H3DII...:ROTFL:

Bob
Profoto is worth the money. For sure. Every lens has it's use. 150, 210, whatever.

T

tetsrfun

Yosemite cliché...four shot pano...203 FE 50mm CFV.

Steve

Last edited:

docmoore

Steve,

I am picking up a lot of green in this pano. I wonder if a slight curve to lower green values in the granite would work?:bugeyes:

Otherwise a great capture...cliches work when they are of such wonderful subjects...for me at least.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.