The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Richardson

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Beautiful! It reminds me of Jodogahama in Iwate-ken, northern Japan. This was taken years ago on 35mm, but a similar sort of environment...the weather was awful, and I don't really have any more photos:

This was the hotel though -- totally unbelievable place:

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Jack - This is all I could get so far from the captures I got at Natural Bridges. Quite a bit of work already and they still could benefit from more. What I really need is the weed-wacker or hedge-trimmer tool in Capture One!

G

gdwhalen

Jack - This is all I could get so far from the captures I got at Natural Bridges. Quite a bit of work already and they still could benefit from more. What I really need is the weed-wacker or hedge-trimmer tool in Capture One!

Actually, I could take those foreground weeds out of the pic relatively easily with Photoshop.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Charlie,

I like the composition and mood of image 1 a lot. I like the color that came up in image 3, but the composition isn't as strong as 1 IMHO. I think 1 could benefit from some selective burning of the foreground greenery, especially the LL corner.

:thumbs:,

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Jack and Charlie like what you guy's are doing with that scene . I have yet to play with mine but they are pretty foggy looking. As we know but our readers don't is that scene changed by the minute with regards to fog. It was tough to shoot

G

gdwhalen

My dogs. Not nearly as easy to take with MF.

Don Libby

Yosemite Valley last month shot with the Cambo WRS1000,P45+ and Schneider 35mm. Converted to black & white and cropped using C1 5.

I haven't gotten a real chance to view all the OR workshop images but what I've seen leave me wanting to see more! I'll comment more as I find the time; I had a time sensitive project that stopped me from participating in the workshop so I'll need to live the workshop through these images.

Don

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

I had a time sensitive project that stopped me from participating in the workshop so I'll need to live the workshop through these images.
We missed you Don! And I suspect your ears were burning --- more than once we were saying, "wish Don and Ken were here too!" Of course some of that was after the drinks came :ROTFL:

Don Libby

Hi Jack - I was wondering why my ears were burning the whole week!

Carsten - You might be right I need to make certain I uploaded the proper image.

cmb_

Stuart - that hotel looks fabulous!

Jack - yeah, I'm still wrestling with the processing on the Natural Bridges images.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Charlie,

I really like the fort point series. That is one of my favorite spots to photograph in the SF area -- definitely worth the stop!

:thumbs:

woodyspedden

You might look at the M9 images thread. Mike Hatam posted some wonderful Fort Point shots with the 28 cron. They compare well with the Alpa shots in my humble opinion. The M9 I believe is going to become one of the Leica legends.

Woody

cmb_

Yes, I was very lucky to have some time at Fort Point. I would love to go back. I bet at different times of the day and times of the year you could discover many wonderful images - set the camera up in the same spot at a different time and you get a completely different look I imagine. Also, there were quite a few people there (Sunday afternoon) but I could still manage to find space to shoot. Most of the visitors stay out of the really dark rooms. Also it could be a nice location to shoot a project with people.

Status
Not open for further replies.