The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

David K

Workshop Member
Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Great shots Jim. Love that shot of the NYC skyline... brings back a lot of fond memories. You've got some great glass to work with and it's nice to see you making the most of it.

jlm

Workshop Member

David:
curious your in Jupiter; we are making nine sculpture bases for a very large Mariko Mori installation there later this month, talk about glass...

woodyspedden

John, I never get tired of looking at your shipyard images -- I especially like the old crane with its reflection.
+1

Looks like the CFV 39 is a pretty special back. Maybe I should just keep my Zeiss lenses for the 203 FE and the 503 CM and get the back only. Should satisfy my lust for MF for quite a while as Leica gets the whole S2 thing sorted out.

Woody

David K

Workshop Member

Woody, I think Bradley Gibson is selling his right now and just moved it to ebay with no reserve. I was tempted myself but am waiting another few weeks to try out the S2 for myself.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

LOVE the flume shots -- horizontal is nice but the vertical is awesome!

David K

Workshop Member

This is Sara, a new model I've been working with. Hope to get her twin to shoot with her next time.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Here's another one from Oregon I missed the first time through the browser. Little bit of post in CS4 to help create the final:

eleanorbrown

Dale what really strikes me about this image is how all the horizontal curved lines work together, complimenting each other and making this a unique composition. very nice...lovely colors too! eleanor

One from a few evenings ago. The rock in the foreground is water-worn blue-green serpentine.

Dale Allyn

Eleanor, I'm glad you like it. Thank you for your kind words.

The rocks along the American River in that area are very photogenic. There are lots of graceful curves thanks to eons of water shaping the serpentine. The bridge is kind of interesting because it was once the longest concrete bridge of its kind in the U.S. It was once a railway bridge providing access to the nearby limestone quarry, but the steel tracks were pulled-up to support the war effort during WWII. Now it's a footpath, and horsemans' path.

I'm happy with the print, but see room for improvement in the web version. After working the print version I was less careful (lazy) with the sRGB version (typical).

Status
Not open for further replies.