The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Very Foxy!
I must be a real chicken since it has never occurred to me to shoot wildlife with MF.
-bob

Don Libby

Derek - Stunning!

I've attempted wildlife while I was shooting with my Mamiya/Phase 645 gear with dismal results thus the reason I kept my 1DsII.

Don

jecxz

Bob and Don,

Thanks. I was at the shore to shoot the surf at sunset and a pair of foxes appeared. Ordinarily I too would not have bothered, but they were extremely close.

The 300mm plus 1.7x gives me 500mm; it's manual focus, so most of my other shots have a slight blur. I didn't extend the tripod and I was on my knees, at their level.

Kind regards,
Derek

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Very Foxy!
I must be a real chicken since it has never occurred to me to shoot wildlife with MF.
-bob
The 300mm plus 1.7x gives me 500mm; it's manual focus, so most of my other shots have a slight blur. I didn't extend the tripod and I was on my knees, at their level.
I commend you too! I have a 400/2.8 for my Canon and what I would typically grab for wildlife. However, the thought of MF detail is intriguing -- and Mamiya did make a manual focus 500mm that was supposedly quite good...

Qamaro

Here are a couple I thought I'd share from a shoot I had 2 weeks ago. All shot with P-AFDIII / P45+ with a mix of 45mm AF & 80mm AFD. I utilized Elinchrom lighting, pre-styled in C1 and post in CS4.

Enjoy!

- Marq

jecxz

I commend you too! I have a 400/2.8 for my Canon and what I would typically grab for wildlife. However, the thought of MF detail is intriguing -- and Mamiya did make a manual focus 500mm that was supposedly quite good...
Thanks Jack. Same here, I have the Canon 400/5.6 L and that's what I would ordinarily use for this. But since switching to MF in 2005 I haven't touched my Canon gear. The HC1.7x is tack sharp, fantastic piece of glass. Be well.

Kind regards,
Derek

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

A couple of captures with Alpa Apo Switar 36 H3D II 39

Command and Control

Bob

Last edited:

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Here are a couple I thought I'd share from a shoot I had 2 weeks ago. All shot with P-AFDIII / P45+ with a mix of 45mm AF & 80mm AFD. I utilized Elinchrom lighting, pre-styled in C1 and post in CS4.

Enjoy!

- Marq
Very nice, Marq. Not my sort of photography at all, which is perhaps why I admire those like you who can do it so well!
Bil

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Enjoy!

- Marq
Very nice lifestyle series, thanks for sharing!

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member

Finally got some time to go spend time alone with a camera! :) It's been months!
All Mamiya 645, ZD back.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Jan, I really like the seascape image! Nice blur to the surf and everything else crisp :thumbs: Color range in the hydrangea is awesome too!

Status
Not open for further replies.