The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimCollum

Jim -this is lovely. This series is turning into a major statement. Can you share details on processing?
Thanks Woody.. I'm an avid follower of your daily blog as well!

I actually do very little in post processing. I use Nik Silver Efex for all of the b/w conversion. I've developed two split tone curves that I pretty much use for everything. I'm using the same one on everything in this series. It also has a little vignette as well as some tri-x grain. I typically use red filtration (but sometimes green). I've added a square overlay into the Aptus, which follows it into Leaf Capture.

I try to spend a minimum amount of time in Photoshop

JimCollum

Jim, i like your images a lot! the 110mm from Zeiss really renders the images in a very special way. wish i could afford the 110 for my Hy6. :angel:

Philipp
Thanks Philipp! It's by far my favorite lens on the MF gear. it's a shame they don't make them anymore.. it's raised it's price

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Thanks Woody.. I'm an avid follower of your daily blog as well!

I actually do very little in post processing. I use Nik Silver Efex for all of the b/w conversion. I've developed two split tone curves that I pretty much use for everything. I'm using the same one on everything in this series. It also has a little vignette as well as some tri-x grain. I typically use red filtration (but sometimes green). I've added a square overlay into the Aptus, which follows it into Leaf Capture.

I try to spend a minimum amount of time in Photoshop
That's pretty much what I'm doing except I'm doing the grayscale conversions in LR. Adding some vignetting helps almost every image (the equivalent if edge burning in wet darkroom printing). I'm generally not adding grain unless I'm on the noisy end of the ISO scale. The idea is to do everything possible in LR and use presets. The daily blog demands an efficient workflow. My main use of PS is correcting perspective.

Don Libby

These were both taken yesterday during a trip to Show Low. This is the Salt Rive Canyon area near the White Mountain Apache Reservation. Both were taken with the Cambo WRS 1000/P45+ and Schneider 120mm lens with 20mm shifts for a 2-shot panorama. I also had a Hoya enhancing filter attached to the lens. Opened first in C1 then merged in CS4. Each would print to 20x60.

Don

JimCollum

The waters have started receding (Zayante Creek had flooded during this rain storm).

All Aptus 75s, 1st 3 are Mamiya 80mm/1.9, 4th is zeiss 110/2
(all shot wide open)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Woody, that first shot above is outstanding -- excellent treatment with framing, subject and composition!

carstenw

Another very nice series, Jim. That processing really gives certain types of images a great feel. I really like #2, #4, #6, and #8.

darr

Time for a "girl shot." I mean a shot taken by a girl. :D

Arca M Line 2, P45 @ 50 ASA, Rodenstock 120 macro, 1 @ f/5.6 + 1 @ f/64 blended​

Paratom

another girl shot but taken by a guy ;)

400ISO pushed 1.5 stops, Zeiss [email protected] just since I felt Ineed to takke a MF picture last Sunday. I know focus could be a little closer but I like it anyways...
And thanks again for all the "support" in my other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.