The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Libby

Sitting here feeling a little funky so I thought I'd try a different approach. 2-shot pano 120mm lens 20mm shifts.

Don

Analog6

Truly impressive work, everybody, I am getting very inspired!

On Sunday I took my H2 'up the creek' literally. A camera meet for our Australian Photography forum, in the event only 2 of us turned up. I got there for dawn and started out at 5am, the next guy didn't arrive til 7.30! They are always amazed that I lug the H2 into everyday situations, but leaving it behind just to use the Canon gear would be like having a limo and driving a mini moke in my book!

It as a hard rock hopping scramble, at one stage I fell flat on my back but I held the camera in the air! My back is telling me about it though.

So here are a couple from Currumbin Creek, Gold Coast hinterland in Springbrook National Park, Qld.

The fern was an experiment but it was a bit windy and it moved. That 80mm lens makes nice bokeh though!

All H2, 80mm f 2.8 and P20

bensonga

Love the photos Odille! Good on you for hiking out there with the H2! These really take me back a few years (35 years actually) to the 2 years I lived in Brisbane. Spent many weekends traveling to the Gold and Sunshine coasts (north and south of Brisbane)...and even back into the hinterlands a bit. Wish I could get back there someday.....Australia is such a beautiful and fascinating place.

Look forward to seeing more of your images here.

Gary

Analog6

Well, if you come in the next couple of years, while we are still in our big rental house (it will eventually be knocked down for the little boxes!) you are welcome to stay. We have 3 double sofa beds scattered around. You do, however, have to like cats - we have 6.

I'll pots some sunrises, I take all those out of my verandah window, I just have the most glorious view.

etrump

Sitting here feeling a little funky so I thought I'd try a different approach. 2-shot pano 120mm lens 20mm shifts.

Don
Nice look Don. I just acquired a 150mm short barrel for my cambo and am looking forward to using it in the field.

Ed

Don Libby

Nice look Don. I just acquired a 150mm short barrel for my cambo and am looking forward to using it in the field.

Ed
Hi Ed - Thanks. I heard you got the 150mm right around the same time you had your "little" accident. Glad to see you back on your feet again.

Don

Don Libby

False Kiva

Located somewhere in the Canyonlands National Park hidden inside a cave sits a man-made circle of stone. It's not on any public map and requires a knowledge of hiking and special directions to find it. The name "False Kiva" arises from the uncertainly around the origin of the stones and purpose, not whether it really is an authentic kiva.

Park Rangers are required to disclose the location of the Class II site when asked for specific directions.

I hiked here in February 2008 and stayed there for a couple hours. It turned out not only to be a very difficult hike (the last couple hundred yards are all up hill on very loose rock) but difficult to properly photograph. While I normally like to return to places I shot in this case it will be sometime before I think of returning.

I shot this image using a Mamiya AFDII camera body, Phase One P30+ digital back and a Mamiya 28mm lens.

I'm finally satisfied with the results after two years for working the image.

Don

Don Libby

So here are a couple from Currumbin Creek, Gold Coast hinterland in Springbrook National Park, Qld.

The fern was an experiment but it was a bit windy and it moved. That 80mm lens makes nice bokeh though!

All H2, 80mm f 2.8 and P20
Analog6 - Those images from Springbrook are great. I'm drawn to the last which I feel is just stunning. Great work all and I'm looking forward to more.

Don

Stuart Richardson

Cool story and interesting place Don. What is a kiva used for? Or is that the question?

Here are two film shots from a road trip I took with friends in the fall...203FE and 350/4 and 110/2. I don't remember the film...probably E100G.

Don Libby

Thanks Stuart - this says it so much better than I could.

I love the feel of places like this; you're sitting in a very high place overlooking beautiful scenery and normally very quite. And to think the place was built without the aid of power tools!

I like the first image you just posted - the more I look at it the more I see; I just noticed the building in the lower right; I had first noticed the colors, then the clouds, then the water falls. Very nice. Iceland has always been on my "to do" list.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.