The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Tom, LOVE that first image! What is the name of the castle?

Jim, especially like frame #2 and #4 --- great series!

carstenw

Tom, the first shot is very nice, but the second one is great, IMO. Very subtle, and as an initial impression, almost boring, and then it grows quietly. I really like that a lot.

Jim, I love the cage!

Paratom

Tom, LOVE that first image! What is the name of the castle?

Jim, especially like frame #2 and #4 --- great series!
Its called castle Auerbach, not far from where I live. There is a great tree inside growing on the stones and thats what I had planned to photograph initially but that day the castle was closed.

Paratom

Tom, the first shot is very nice, but the second one is great, IMO. Very subtle, and as an initial impression, almost boring, and then it grows quietly. I really like that a lot.

Jim, I love the cage!
Thanks Carsten, The second shot is a crop from a Pano I took but the whole Pano doesnt impress when dowsized for web.

Don Libby

Thanks Carsten, The second shot is a crop from a Pano I took but the whole Pano doesnt impress when dowsized for web.

I really like this one as well. The tones, mood etc., again this image has character and brings the viewer right into the image. It also looks cold as hell!

Don

Don Libby

Jim – not too sure if I’ve commented on your “Pict-a-day” series. The tones and shadows are great the images give a certain glow sort of old world meets new. There’s a tension to them as well. Very earthy. You’ve done well! :thumbs:

Don

Paratom

Thanks for the comment Don,
it was not as cold as it looks but cold enough that my Artec sliding back was moving stiffer than it does in very nice warm weather.(still worked fine)

One more comment...please everybody feel free to give me critics or tell me what I could improve.
I am afraid that my "MF-crisis"-thread enforces you guys to make positive only comments about my images. I can take critics and do want to improve. I appreciate to hear what I can do better.

Don Libby

Thanks for the comment Don,
it was not as cold as it looks but cold enough that my Artec sliding back was moving stiffer than it does in very nice warm weather.(still worked fine)

One more comment...please everybody feel free to give me critics or tell me what I could improve.
I am afraid that my "MF-crisis"-thread enforces you guys to make positive only comments about my images. I can take critics and do want to improve. I appreciate to hear what I can do better.
No worries if I don't like an image I'd either remain silent or tell you especially if it were landscape. You should be your own worse critic first on the image then if it passes your test post it for all to see then wait to hear what others have to say.

Don

Don Libby

P65+ at ISO 800 with 75-150 zoom
The art of landscape photography is sometimes taking an area that might be otherwise boring and turning it into a really nice image. Sometimes you get lucky and it turns out really good.

That said, I like this. My only small comment is of the bush off to the far right. The tree is what gets my attention and I don't mind the bushes/weeds to either side however I just don't like the very far right where that bush is attempting to push its way into the image. What would this look like in a sepia tone???

Don

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I hear you Don --- unfortunately, the shooting position I was stuck to wouldn't allow me to get the bush out. I could crop it to thinner and get it though. Here is a different composition of the same area with a bit heavier warm tone. I'm not exactly sure why, but I prefer this one I think:

Don Libby

I hear you Don --- unfortunately, the shooting position I was stuck to wouldn't allow me to get the bush out. I could crop it to thinner and get it though. Here is a different composition of the same area with a bit heavier warm tone. I'm not exactly sure why, but I prefer this one I think:

Jack - I like the tone on this as well and feel it's better than the first. Okay (holding my breath as I write this) crop out the double bush to the left of the tree? (Far left now) Will that screw it up too much? Or seeing as I gone this far - go in and crop just to the left of the tree and just to the right at about the place that white fence post is.

Don

Analog6

It's a beautiful image, very wintry.

It is summer down here, however, so here are some sunflowers. These were taken on a meet up from an Australian forum to Allora in SE Qld.

We did sunset ones and sunrise/moonset the next morning.

All with H2, 80mm f2.8 and P20 back. I used the on camera flash as a fill for the 2 'portraits'.

Don Libby

It's a beautiful image, very wintry.

It is summer down here, however, so here are some sunflowers. These were taken on a meet up from an Australian forum to Allora in SE Qld.

We did sunset ones and sunrise/moonset the next morning.

All with H2, 80mm f2.8 and P20 back. I used the on camera flash as a fill for the 2 'portraits'.
My favorite by far is the first (far left) great colors/shading

Don

Don Libby

The following were all taken in Monument Valley all with the Cambo WRS and P45+ and various lenses. I love going to Monument Valley so much that I actually sat in one spot for hours never taking a single image....

Don

carstenw

Don, that last one is real nice, although I would have backed off a touch on the bronze :)

Cemal, that is an interesting shot. How did you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.