The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

Wow, Ed, talk about "purple mountain's majesty"... beautiful shot.
I agree David, the San Juans has some of the most incredible vistas I have ever seen. You have this massively wide scene, yet you are only a short distance from the peak of Mt Sneffels with the whole range and valley in view.

The image I posted is a crop from a seven shot stitch showing more of the range.

Don Libby

I agree David, the San Juans has some of the most incredible vistas I have ever seen. You have this massively wide scene, yet you are only a short distance from the peak of Mt Sneffels with the whole range and valley in view.

The image I posted is a crop from a seven shot stitch showing more of the range.

Beautiful! :salute:

Y Sol

Food shot at a 1 star Michelin restaurant. Hasselblad 500cm, 180CF, F8, Fuji Provia, Nikon Coolscan 8000

Last edited:

scatesmd

Workshop Member
Horsetail Falls

Horsetail Falls lit up this week on Tuesday night. Not much was seen by the likely couple hundred photographers last night.

On my screen, the JPEG looks a bit more red than the PSD file, but at times the falls went from orange to red at the right angle of viewing.

Thanks, steve

roanjoh

Re: Horsetail Falls

Horsetail Falls lit up this week on Tuesday night. Not much was seen by the likely couple hundred photographers last night.

On my screen, the JPEG looks a bit more red than the PSD file, but at times the falls went from orange to red at the right angle of viewing.

Thanks, steve
:bugeyes:WOW!!! Amazing capture!!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Awesome capture Steve, congratulations!!! IIRC, isn't February 19th is the mid-point of the best capture times, which I think last for about one week total?

etrump

Re: Horsetail Falls

Horsetail Falls lit up this week on Tuesday night.
Thanks, steve
Incredible color Steve. Even if it loses a little red in print, it is still incredible. Personally I think everyone needs to grab as many of the iconic shots as you can. You never know when mother nature gets extreme and we lose some of them forever.

Thanks for the compliments as well Jack and Guy (that is if a postcard compliment is no longer a slam :ROTFL:). It is hard not to take a great image of Moss Glenn falls when it is colored like that.

scatesmd

Workshop Member
Horsetail Falls

Thanks for the encouragement!

The Falls did not light up on Wed or Thurs and, with the storm moving in, the feeling this am was that it was done for the year.

It seems I was lucky and at the right place at the right time. As they say, better lucky than good sometimes.

I also love the Moss Glenn Falls photo. I've never been to that part of the country-maybe a workshop location at some future date?

Thanks, steve

Status
Not open for further replies.