The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I imagine that a hand magnifier lens might work pretty well for this sort of thing.
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Otherwise you could maybe get a drilled lenscap and try to some pinhole.
FTR, I do have a pinhole for my P65+. Here is an image I made with it on the Salton Sea workshop, (more in the Salton Sea thread):

While unique and even interesting, it's not the same as a piece of glass chocked full of aberrations ;)

I suspect Bob is correct, a simple magnifying lens would work, just need to find one with about a 115mm focal and stick it on a Mamiya bellows to focus --- or alternatively, set a smaller one up as pre zone-focused using a cap or cap+tubes.

Double Negative

Not Available
Hassy 500c/m - 80mm - Tri-x @ 400 - and some good old windowlight
That's a lovely shot, William.

I'm curious, what developer did you use? Xtol perhaps? I've been using mostly Rodinal with Tri-X in 120 and the grain is definitely more noticeable with it. I've been too lazy to mix up a fresh batch of my usual Xtol...

emmawest72

Jack, that looks quite nice indeed. I thought that the effect would be more pronounceable though. Will have a look at the Salton thread too.

Double Neg : this was developed by my lab which at the time were using either D76 or ID 11. I'm a huge fan of rodinal both for 135 and 120 format. I have used Xtol too, but I miss the "edge" that rodinal has. Lately I have been using a lab which hand develops my film in Microphen and I do like it a lot.

Saturday night film tip: Fuji Acros 100 @ 80 iso, Rodinal 1+50, 20°c, 11,5 minutes = Beauty!!

Double Negative

Not Available
...Double Neg : this was developed by my lab which at the time were using either D76 or ID 11. I'm a huge fan of rodinal both for 135 and 120 format. I have used Xtol too, but I miss the "edge" that rodinal has. Lately I have been using a lab which hand develops my film in Microphen and I do like it a lot...
Ahh, interesting. I've never actually tried either developer that I recall, but I have used Microphen. That's great stuff. I also like the "edge" of Rodinal, and I'm a fan of grain - so no complaints from me. I've found T-Max 100 and Xtol to be quite free of grain, very smooth - but a little "flat."

emmawest72

Well , if you are looking for grain free, Tmax and Xtol is a good combo.

But, as you , I'm a complete grain fantatic:), so rodinal is just wonderful. I use it for Trix, Neopan and acros. I just bought a 5 pack of kodak plus-x to see how it works.

Double Negative

Not Available
Indeed; it's very low on grain. One of my favorite "detail" combos is PanF+ and Xtol. I took some shots with the Mamiya 7II and N50mm f/4L lens using this combo that blew me away. The details are almost endless. I think you'll like the Plus-X. More old school, a little grainier. One day I want to try Neopan and Acros, especially with a pyro developer.

Ahh, the joy of film, eh? :)

Analog6

Doing some cataloguing and of course it leads to reprocessing and finding images you hadn't done anything with at the time.
This was the first time out (except for test shots in the garden) with the H2 setup. Taken during severe storms in October - this one is looking over Coolangatta Beach in the afternoon on the way home from work.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Odille, I like it! (Though personally would clone the jet out!) Always fun to find little gems we overlooked the first time through for whatever reason ;)

M

ManuelGF

A sample of versatility of the Pentax 645.

Pentax 645N + 80-160/4,5 + Provia 100F + Coolscan 9000.

M

ManuelGF

More samples with Pentax 645N.

Pentax 645N + 45-85/4,5 + Coolscan 9000 + Velvia 50.

M

ManuelGF

Pentax 645N + 150/2,8 + Coolscan 9000 + Provia 100F.

M

ManuelGF

Pentax 645N + 33-55/4,5 + Coolscan 9000 + Provia 100F.

M

ManuelGF

Pentax 645N + 75/2,8 + Coolscan 9000 + Provia 100F.

Status
Not open for further replies.