The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qamaro

Xpixel and Ed great shots! I love the lighting, compositions and PP in all of them, just lovely. I feel I could stare at them all day.

- Marq

P. Chong

Session from last night, with H4D-40 and HC80

100% crop of above

Lighting was a bit on the harsh side...1 Profoto ProB head with Pro8A running on a Magnum reflector, high and slightly to the right of the camera, and a small softbox 1ftx3ft on the right. A Profoto Zoom spotlight for background effects. I would have added perhaps a beautydish as fill light just behind the camera for some catchlights in the gymnast's eyes.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Peter, very nice series!

Woody, very cool -- I really like the graphic nature of this one.

:thumbs:

dogstarnyc

If we are in a 'Pano' mood this wednesday... here are 5 shots stitched in that old dinosaur called Photoshop CS4..

I took them last night from the new Brooklyn Bridge Park as it's just opened. It's really quite cool because no one has had these angles and viewpoints before, Where i was standing was an old warehouse a year ago, it's been fun watching the park progress. On a green note, it's made mostly of recycled materials from around NYC, all the benches are made from wooden beams from a big old warehouse demolition for example.

Anyway, if you are in town or planning a trip, get across the Brooklyn Bridge and shoot from here if you can.

These were shot on a Mamiya 645 AFD P25 45mm AF lens plus a Gitzo, looking at the pano closely I can see I smudged the 4th frame a little :( :lecture:

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
. . . the new Brooklyn Bridge Park . . .
Nice images and good timing to get there early right after it opened! I've been waiting for the opening so I will have to get there soon.

Here is a shot from up on the bridge of a part of the area in progress from September of 2009.

dogstarnyc

Great shot cmb, I took mine from roughly 20% in from the bottom right and 20% up from the bottom right of your pic... where the steps and mini hill were being built...

Best,

Steve

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

MFDB is not my favourite gear for wildlife but sometimes you have to grab the shot with the gear at hand. P65+ with 300 mm wide open, 1/125 at ISO 800. (Not Sensor Plus so it's a bit noisy). The light marks are actually flies, not artifacts!

etrump

Great rim lighting bill. I have found the 300mm much more usable with the DF. Your image at 1/125 looks very sharp.

etrump

Such great pictures here as usual...I've got a personnal preference for the landscape ones.

Some with the P25+ :

ALPA - ApoDigitar 47xl :

SWC Biogon :

ALPA and ApoDigitar 24mm :

Great images Stephane. The comps on the 1st and 3rd are really dynamic. The mood on the first one makes me want to be there watching what is going on.

K

KWR Phase One

Bill - Nice Elk shot....every year I enjoy watching you chase wildlife and this year wasn’t any different. Wasn’t it a turkey the year before? The only good elk shot I go this year was one that was napping.

Status
Not open for further replies.