The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Tansey

Re: Alaska

Just got back from first trip to Alaska. Wow!

McKinley: P1 645 @150mm P65+ with a touch of velvia vision for light.
I was in Alaska ten days before you were. The fall colors were amazing. Since I shot film with a Linhof 6x17 III, I cannot post it currently, but you can see the images at panoramicimages.com and type "tansey" in the white box to see my photo from the Eilsen Visitor's center.

Scott

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Here is a 12 frame pano stitch from the P65+. I used the 75-150 zoom at 75mm mounted vertically in the head and swept a dozen overlapping frames as quickly as possible since the clouds were moving fast and I knew the shadows on the water would be difficult for the software to match. I used Autopano Giga to assemble the 12 frames which handled the blend perfectly, then cropped approximately the outer edge 2 frames off. What I'm left with is then about 10 overlapping frames for about 5 net frames side-by-side, creating this pano that is approximately 300MP and 2 gigs in size when flattened. At 360 PPI, it will print almost 2 feet by 8 feet natively with stunning print detail. I've got a bit of minor editing left before I print it.

Click the thumb to get a 1200 px version, then once more for a 2400 px wide version:

Here it is in a quick B&W. What's interesting is I kind of prefer this version:

Grrr!!! . Okay first I was jealous, now i'm about to hang myself for not flying up there.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Charlie, thanks Guy!

Here are two more I just worked up:

~~~

And one more just for fun -- you might have to squint at this resolution ;):

etrump

Here is a 12 frame pano stitch from the P65+. I used the 75-150 zoom at 75mm mounted vertically in the head and swept a dozen overlapping frames as quickly as possible since the clouds were moving fast and I knew the shadows on the water would be difficult for the software to match. I used Autopano Giga to assemble the 12 frames which handled the blend perfectly, then cropped approximately the outer edge 2 frames off. What I'm left with is then about 10 overlapping frames for about 5 net frames side-by-side, creating this pano that is approximately 300MP and 2 gigs in size when flattened. At 360 PPI, it will print almost 2 feet by 8 feet natively with stunning print detail. I've got a bit of minor editing left before I print it.

Click the thumb to get a 1200 px version, then once more for a 2400 px wide version:

Here it is in a quick B&W. What's interesting is I kind of prefer this version:

Very sweet, don't you just love stitching 60MP images. Stunning in full res I bet. Which lake is this? St. Mary's perhaps? I have been there twice and gotten crummy conditions both time. I think going later in July to get wildflowers is just too late.

O

Optechs Digital

Wow Jack!!

Really fantastic stuff. This thread is great, it is fun to see all the different styles and visions.

So many great shots from everyone, lets keep them coming.

Best,
Paul

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Very nice! I like the warmth and texture. I'm a fan of urban landscapes too, especially the old, corroded stuff. Getting much harder here in California to find sites you can actually gain access to though.

billbunton

Subscriber Member
Jack, I'm really enjoying your Glacier images!

I'm finally starting to process photos from my last New Mexico trip, here's the first:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Bill!

Love the shape and texture in that one -- I assume it was from White Sands? I would like to see it in color too!

Status
Not open for further replies.