The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithL

Jack

Captured on the Greek Islands.

It's also rare to find colour on the ground floor of these ruins as the lower level was traditionally used to house animals and is typically left as rough stonework. This was the exception. Given the state of the stairs and floorboards, venturing upstairs in these ruins is pure madness. I was fortunate to be able to capture this shot from an adjoining room complete with concrete floor!

Keith

Analog6

A 5 shot panorama from the H2 & P20 taken on my recent trip to NZ. Just out of Te Anau on the road to Queenstown, taken about 9.30am, I liked the way the clouds wreathed the hilltops and the pastoral foreground (which I would have included a bit more of it weren't for the big ugly shed in it! (larger size on Flickr)

Last edited:

RomanJohnston

In the pacific northwest for a few weeks. Solid rain the last week so waterfalls are the subject of the day. P65+, cambia RS, 35XL, two shot stitch.

Nice shot of Elowah Falls. One of my favorites in the gorge. Not many people know about it and you can usually have the place pretty much to yourself. I have sat in those exact rocks a few times.

Roman

KeithL

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter. - Ansel Adams"

That was then, these days there's a queue...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Finally got around to printing out this pano I made during the PODAS Glacier trip. I had about 88" of wall space to work with, so I had to slightly DOWN size this to print it out at 22x80. For now, I've just got it stuck to my wall with push-pins, but it looks pretty darn impressive even to me.

RomanJohnston

Thats why I usually get up at Stupid:30 and hike around with LED headlights on my forehead.

I find most perfer the evening shots, and I being a natural morning person....have at least that advantage. I also try finding out new places to shoot that haven been overdone.

But I do understand what your saying. It's crazy out there in in the early AM at some places.

Roman

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter. - Ansel Adams"

That was then, these days there's a queue...

KeithL

Thats why I usually get up at Stupid:30 and hike around with LED headlights on my forehead.

I find most perfer the evening shots, and I being a natural morning person....have at least that advantage. I also try finding out new places to shoot that haven been overdone.

But I do understand what your saying. It's crazy out there in in the early AM at some places.

Roman
I wasn't suggesting that image makers should strive to beat the queue, but rather to ignore it and strive to find themselves.

steflaurent974

Kuau, these are really nice first attempts ! I do prefer the first and last one ( big in contrast) wich belong to the traditionnal american landscape photograph !
thanks for sharing.

stephane

etrump

Nice shot of Elowah Falls. One of my favorites in the gorge. Not many people know about it and you can usually have the place pretty much to yourself. I have sat in those exact rocks a few times.

Roman
Thanks Roman,

Elowah falls is a really nice location. Probably my favorite in the Gorge and not difficult to get to. We spent 3 or four hours on two trips to this falls. Viewing the falls this close with with no distracting crowd was a special experience.

Ed

In the spirit of the Independence Day holiday this weekend, I thought I would post a little primer from a fireworks show a couple weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.