The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Ed's Palouse landscape motivates me to post this one from a couple of years ago - P45+ and 300 mm. I'd probably process it a bit differently today.

Nice use of the 300, compressing the scene into a collection of shape and form. My nit is the farmhouse is maybe too close to centered?

etrump

Nice use of the 300, compressing the scene into a collection of shape and form. My nit is the farmhouse is maybe too close to centered?
If they would have just built that farmhouse in the field behind it the scene would have been much better. ;)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I like the ladder shadow on the second one best, but the overall balance, composition and lighting are better on the first one IMO -- and i do like the telephone pole shadow in #1 too...

gogopix

Subscriber
Dear Xpixel
again a great eye! I am sure there will be the 'oversharpened' comments on the roses (and, they may be) but not the others
really nailed the last one

Are you doing a 'fauna in flora' seiries? or do you you like these kinds of shots?

regards
Victor

gogopix

Subscriber
A garden shot from Powerscourt near Dublin; a real find. This was a 'backup' snap' to a few well composed, Alpa P65+ shots...that were OOF (you know the problem, set at infinity, store, bring out, moves the focus...ARGGH! :D

Anyway, shows good DR and nice color. BTW was overcast and pretty dark in this corner.

Victor

JimCollum

A garden shot from Powerscourt near Dublin; a real find. This was a 'backup' snap' to a few well composed, Alpa P65+ shots...that were OOF (you know the problem, set at infinity, store, bring out, moves the focus...ARGGH! :D

Anyway, shows good DR and nice color. BTW was overcast and pretty dark in this corner.

Victor
Victor, the first one shows some of the best contrast (both local and general) that i've seen in your images. You should explore this light more! Well done!

jim

Status
Not open for further replies.