The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Stef. Great waterfall photos. You may want to be careful showing these as the island could get a bit more crowded. They sure make me want to visit.

Don Libby

I'm currently working on some older images from last year and ran across this one. Two-shot pano using my Cambo WRS/P45+ and CS5 with Viveza 2. I forgot the lens but feel it might be the 35mm.

Don

Leigh

Hi Guys and Gals,

Spent a while perusing this entire thread. WOW! You folks sure set a high standard.

I'm nowhere near in the same league, but I thought I'd post some samples.

Taken with a Hasselblad 555ELD/CFV-39 and various lenses. No post-processing other than dust removal.

All comments/suggestions/criticisms welcome. Thanks for looking.

- Leigh

Last edited:

etrump

Often photographed but I liked the reduced color palette on this morning.

Cambo RS, 72 L, p65+ two shot stitch

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Don, that is a stunner for sure!

Ed, looks very familiar but I cannot place it?

steflaurent974

Ed there is a special perspective feeling in your picture ; my eyes are magneticly driven from the left side to the end of the lake by the slopes and reflections, well done.

steflaurent974

On from the cirque de Mafate , a volcanic circus where you can go only by feet : no roads here, and believe me the inhabitants are really good mountain walkers !
Mafate is one of the geological who has just been classified by Unesco World Heritage list.

P25+ , Hasselblad swc BIOGON

Analog6

I have been out twice this week with the whale watch folk. On Monday we saw a cow and calf and then had double breaching (quite rare) and the pair doing it played by the boat for about half an hour. All these were shot with the H2 and 210 lens - it is quite handful in a rocking boat, I can tell you. Yesterday's 1.5m swell was very testing!

Double breach #3 - 100_3738 by Photography by Odille, on Flickr

Finny fun with humpbacks - 100_3741 by Photography by Odille, on Flickr

Then yesterday I went off for another whale watching trip yesterday with a friend from FLickr, (again withaquaticbluecharters.com.au/), and we had 5 whales come in so close to the boat my lens was too long! They went under us several times, it was just fantastic to see these huge creatures - bigger than the boat - carefully coming up next to us. I'm not sure who was watching who! I hadn't seen spy hopping before, they were definitely as curious about us as we were about them. I suspect we may be their entertainment.

spy hop #1-4026 by Photography by Odille, on Flickr

flukes x 3 by Photography by Odille, on Flickr

There are more and larger sizes on my Flickr or at my RedBubble site

Analog6

And I forgot to add the best bit of all - they were so close to the boat and the surface that we could hear the whalesong! How good is that! It was a magical day.

Status
Not open for further replies.